PRODUCTS

Lbdunequest wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:42 am Pigments 5
Dune 3
Fabfilter Twin 3
Adam Szabo Viper
Oisirus
Phase Plant
Seriously? You bumped a 3 1/2 year old thread for that? :P

There are threads where you can list your favorite plugins already, BTW...

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:40 pm
Dune 3
Fabfilter Twin 3
Adam Szabo Viper
Oisirus
Phase Plant

And you just bumped it again :)

its not a favourite list, its just feature wise similar to Moog One list :) i found it by accident just googling Moog One specs :)

Lbdunequest wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:47 pm
Dune 3
Fabfilter Twin 3
Adam Szabo Viper
Oisirus
Phase Plant

its not a favourite list, its just feature wise similar to Moog One list :)
wwjd wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:28 pm I know about Moogs, and analog synths etc, just asking what everyone thinks is the VSTi that can come THE CLOSEST to the 16 voice MOOG ONE, on the basis of sound, not if it looks like a moog.
I highlighted the relevant thing from the original post.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:53 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:47 pm
Dune 3
Fabfilter Twin 3
Adam Szabo Viper
Oisirus
Phase Plant

its not a favourite list, its just feature wise similar to Moog One list :)
wwjd wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:28 pm I know about Moogs, and analog synths etc, just asking what everyone thinks is the VSTi that can come THE CLOSEST to the 16 voice MOOG ONE, on the basis of sound, not if it looks like a moog.
I highlighted the relevant thing from the original post.
Phase Plant, Dune 3, Fabfilter Twin 3, Pigments 5 can actually sound like Moog :)

Well, depending on the subjective assessment, everything can sound like a Moog. Or nothing. ;)

Personally, I'd at least go with something that models the filter. Modelled Moog oscillators are a nice bonus. Diva is the answer here, IMO.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:01 pm Well, depending on the subjective assessment, everything can sound like a Moog. Or nothing. ;)
Yep, especially if you are making the song, its not relevant what tool you are using as the end result what matters :)

Arguable. And, especially when you play the synth in solitary, it's much more fun to have something good sounding. Or "Moogy", if you want to go for that.

Ingonator wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:42 pm Not many softsynths that can replicate the big amount of features of the Moog One, especially the dual filter with one multimode filter and most analog emulations only have 2 Oscs instead of 3.

Not exactly a Moog emulation but Xils Lab PolyKB III has up to 16 voices, 3 Oscs with morphable waveforms 2, multimode filters. 3 ADSR envelopes, 2 LFOs and a Step Sequencer besides some additional features.
Like in the Moog One it is possible to route each of the Oscs to one of the the 2 filters (parallel filters) and also use the filters in series. A filter balance knob is included too.
All 3 Oscs are available as mod sources in teh mod matrix to allow audio rate modulations. Osc 2 is also included as a source in the polymod section.
Yeah, that’s a good one, and the x-y matrix is a hoot to use.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

TIMT wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:44 pm I just tried MASSIVE X and it wont get you into the territory of the Moog One.this is based on an assumption on how its supposed to sound but on MASSIVE X at least the filter polyphony tuning is the same for all voices.you can use the poly modulator to stick any of the modulators in it but it doesn't sound the same as a proper polysynth(like the OB-6,Matrix 6,Prophet 08 which i own)that's the distinction i was trying to make.DIVA has a voice mod which skews the tuning of whatever param between the different voices in unison and poly modes and Dune allows you to adjust the parameters of 8 different voices independently as well as offering oscillator unison(not to mention its ridiculously powerful mod matrix that runs at audiorate).it might not be directly modelled on the Moog One,but i think it's the only one out of these recommendations that will get you in the ballpark IMHO and perhaps PhasePlant.Legend has 8 voices too but they all occur directly on top of eachother and essentially duplicates what the first voice is doing despite whatever claims it makes to the authenticity of the model it just sounds like pretty much any well made VA VSTI doing unison :P
Massive X has the VR (random) modulator that can somewhat mimic the per voice variances of an analog synth. Obviously not the same as the real deal, but in practice it can be pretty good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

felis wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:04 pm GForce Minimonsta 2
Yeah, I came here to suggest this one. Throw some Eventide plugins after it and you’re approaching Moog One territory.
Zerocrossing Media

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:01 pm Well, depending on the subjective assessment, everything can sound like a Moog. Or nothing. ;)

Personally, I'd at least go with something that models the filter. Modelled Moog oscillators are a nice bonus. Diva is the answer here, IMO.
Dune 3, Phase Plant and Pigments all have Moog filter emulations. The problem with getting them to sound like a Moog, is that they don’t have Moog VCO emulations. Dune and Phase Plant don’t have any analog oscillator emulation at all, but Pigments does.

Frankly, I wouldn’t recommend any of them as a way to get close to a Moog sound, though I own and like all three of them. If I want a lot of voices in a Moog poly, I have a Melbourne Instruments Nina that sounds f’n incredible, though it doesn’t come close to the architecture of the One. I actually think that, tone wise, it beats the Moog One by a lot, but it is a much simpler synth.

The last thing I’ll say is that insisting on 16 voices is painting yourself into a corner for Moog One type sounds. Clearly Moog markets the One as a multitimbral instrument. Fat analog sounds with a lot of complexity are mix hogs, so it’s unlikely that you’d need more than 8 voices for sounds like that, even for sounds with longer release times. It’s nice to have 16 voice for layered sounds, but in a plugin it’s trivial to just load another instance, or even another plugin along side. So, I’d say get your Moogiest out of something like The Legend, and then pair it with any of the above listed plugins, and you’ll end up with something that’s super cool.
Zerocrossing Media

the best moog emulator is the Softube one, Synapse Legend second place
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:11 pm the best moog emulator is the Softube one, Synapse Legend second place
Agreed, the most authentic sounding is the Softube, but The Legend still sounds awesome and adds so much.
Zerocrossing Media

martiu wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:11 pm the best moog emulator is the Softube one, Synapse Legend second place
For me the Legend is on the first place.
Softube Model 72's Decay behavior is way off compared to Legend when i compare them to my hw.

Tone2's Icarus 3 is not only going to have a lowpass Ladder filter, but it will also have new oscillator drift modes! It will have a few new random modulation sources as well.

Return to “Instruments”