VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Apricot

courtjestr wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:20 am
jens wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:11 am
sinkmusic wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:51 pm
bagpipe200 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:22 pm Does anyone know if it will run in Reaper?
It does.
Does Reaper support Clap now? I couldn't find anything about in this year's changelogs...:?
The development version does. Search Google for reaper pre-release.

I know the land of leet, so there's no need for Google...

let me fix that for you then:

sinkmusic wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:51 pm
bagpipe200 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:22 pm Does anyone know if it will run in Reaper?
It does not in any offcial/ regular version. There is a development branch however that includes unofficial features that may of may not make it into a release in the future and since last month this also includes Clap-support.

You won't find it anywhere on the official Reaper website though.
Ah, interesting - it's been a while since I looked through the changelog over there, so I wasn't aware of this - thanks for the heads up! :tu:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm taking requests for future preset bank expansions! Drop suggestions in the itch.io thread or here on KVR.
https://itch.io/t/2353821/preset-requests-and-ideas

Kokoala wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:25 pm well I tested it today..and there is the same problem than Fluctus... when you play with a master keyboard, all keys work exept one...the G2 key ..no sound .... in the Bitwig keys editor the G2 key works...it's only with a keyboard.
Hmm, this is a very strange bug. Can you send me a PM with more information? And if you can try with different MIDI keyboards, different CLAP plugins, etc, let me know if anything else reproduces the issue.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:45 pm Nice sounding synth as is Integrate. The Sample Osc adds more sound design options. :tu:
Glad you like it :)
Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:45 pm That's going eat up quite a bit of disk space if one auditions a lot of samples
Okay, I've uploaded Version 0.6.7 onto the download page which lets you delete samples from the library. Right click on a sample in the picker list and you will be presented with the option "Delete from library".
But please be careful with this, since sample data is not stored in individual patches, if you have any patches or projects that use the sample they will be broken after the sample is deleted (until the sample is re-imported). But if nothing uses the sample, then it is safe to delete.

sinkmusic wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:52 pm By the way, it seems that the plugin installs several folders on the hard drive, but there is no uninstaller... If at some point I have to uninstall it, how should we proceed?
In the installer, there is a button on the bottom-left (after the license screen) labelled "Uninstall". This will remove the plugin files.

The patches saved by the user and imported samples are by default saved to the folder "Documents\Apricot Synthesizer". This folder is not deleted when the plugin is uninstalled, since it is only for content saved/imported by the user (unlike e.g. Serum where factory content and user content is mixed together). You can delete it at any point, even while the plugin is still installed. If you move the folder, you can update its location in the plugin by selecting "Change user content folders" in the settings menu.

nakst wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:53 am Okay, I've uploaded Version 0.6.7 onto the download page which lets you delete samples from the library. Right click on a sample in the picker list and you will be presented with the option "Delete from library".
But please be careful with this, since sample data is not stored in individual patches, if you have any patches or projects that use the sample they will be broken after the sample is deleted (until the sample is re-imported). But if nothing uses the sample, then it is safe to delete.
Ok thanks I'll give the new version a test.

But I think the real problem is that samples are stored in .dat files even when they're just auditioned. Again if one auditions a lot of samples it's going to get really messy pretty quickly.

Not all samples are going to work in a single sample player so there is going to be a lot of hits and misses. That's no different than the single sample players in other plugins I own.

If samples were only stored once they are used in a saved patch that wouldn't be bad because then you'd know that every sample in the list is used in a patch and deleting it will break that patch.

Also creating a new .dat file every time the same sample is used in a different patch is not optimal.

I assume everyone already has folders where they keep samples so we can still draw from those folders when looking for something to use in Apricot. Then as I say once used in a patch the sample would be added to the Apricot folder. :tu:

EDIT: In 0.6.7 FL version, same with the CLAP version in Bitwig:

Apricot 091122-3.png

If I attempt to delete one of the 05 Vox 05 entries both entries light up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:05 pm But I think the real problem is that samples are stored in .dat files even when they're just auditioned. Again if one auditions a lot of samples it's going to get really messy pretty quickly.

Not all samples are going to work in a single sample player so there is going to be a lot of hits and misses. That's no different than the single sample players in other plugins I own.
I think you make a good point here. I think I will change it so that on the sample import popup you can hear the sample that's about to be imported, rather than the previously selected sample. That way you can still cancel the import and choose a different sample with the "Cancel" button.
Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:05 pm Also creating a new .dat file every time the same sample is used in a different patch is not optimal.
I am not sure what you are describing here. A .dat file is only added to the sample library when you import a sample, not when you select a sample for use in a patch. And if you try to import the same sample into the library more than once (with the same root note) then it will give you an error message.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:05 pm EDIT: In 0.6.7 FL version:
If I attempt to delete one of the 05 Vox 05 entries both entries light up.
Sorry, that's an issue caused by the sample importer from version 0.6.6 where it can cause the UI to get confused. If you delete the samples and then re-import using version 0.6.7 this issue should not occur.

Ok I think the new system might work. If you import a sample to audition and you don't like it, never plan on using it, just manually delete it.

We'll have to pay attention and keep our samples in order or things could still get messy. We'll still have to take care not to delete a sample that is used.

One thing I notice is the sample picker window is rather small. It only allows viewing of 10 samples at a time before needing to scroll. If one accumulates say 50 or more samples in any particular category then the scrolling is going to take some time especially considering when reopening the window it auto scrolls back to the top each time.

Anyway I'm not complaining, just giving feedback while testing the Betas. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Is it possible to add a sample by dragging it over the UI? That would be good as I'd rather use my DAW or OS Sample Browser.

Some nice sounds in that demo, will have to give it a go :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Hope a Mac version will follow up that Linux version.

Version 0.6.10 changes:
  • Larger sample picker popup. (Roughly twice the original size.)
  • You can now drag a sample from another application onto the sample layer to import it.
  • On the sample import popup, the new sample is used when playing notes. You can also hear the effect of changing the root note of the sample.
  • If you try to import a sample into the library that has already been imported, the sample layer will switch to the existing sample. (An error dialog still shows up in this case to inform you of what happened though -- maybe I should remove it?)
  • CLAP: fix issue where parameter automation cause could some the interfaces of some hosts to become laggy.
  • Improved compression of the installer. It is now roughly 25% the size of the previous versions.
  • Fix minor issues when switching patches.
Download here, as usual: https://nakst.itch.io/apricot :)

Ok, giving the new beta a quick test. I think the "sample has already been imported to the library" message is useful especially if you've already imported the same sample into a different category and may not realize it.

Here's a quick patch to see how sharing will work. Is it better to include the .dat file or the sample when sharing patches? I included the .dat file just to see how that works.

Given the number of characters and possible combinations in the name of the .dat files I suppose the possibility that different people will have the same .dat file name is pretty low.

Chiff Tek.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”