DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Yes I did, (I would suggest you mention stuff like that in your post).
But yes I did..
no strange behaviour my way.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Ok, thank you.

I'll investigate further.

This happens only with the VST2 version. VST3 is fine just like yours, but...

If you compare your last image with your previous, there's a white dot next to the first red dot.

Did you put it there, or it just pop up?

When using VST3, sometimes some dot will appear out of nowhere somewhere in the MSEG, without input from mouse. But just momentarily.

Stranger things happening... :hihi:

EDIT: typo
Last edited by XorXisT on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

you asked me to trigger notes.. so that white dote moves along the MSEG depending on how long I hold the note down....It is a playback position in other words.

You might also want to give your OS and your DAW if someone else will try to replicate it.

Also vst2.4 works fine on my system.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

I've never seen anything like this with the MSEGs and I've been beta-testing DUNE from the start and testing on several computers. What are your computer specs and version of DUNE3?
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

VST3 version the white dot don't move, just appear momentarily.

VST2 version the white dot sticks all over MSEG, like in the image I've showed.

Live 11.0 release, Live 10.1 & Beta 11, Windows 10, Dune 3 3.41, latest amd drivers.

I get the same thing as shown in zvenx's screenshot above using the VST2 in Cakewalk, Reaper and FL Studio.

Patch plays as expected and no odd visual glitch. Windows 10, everything 64 bit.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

XorXisT wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:13 am VST3 version the white dot don't move, just appear momentarily.
The dot moves in the VST 3 version here in three DAWs.

Are you doing any unusual UI scaling in either Windows or in Live ?

Do you have another DAW other than live in which to test ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

cytospur wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:13 am I've never seen anything like this with the MSEGs and I've been beta-testing DUNE from the start and testing on several computers. What are your computer specs and version of DUNE3?
I7 4770, 16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, RX580. Little old but working fine for now.

Latest version of DUNE 3: 3.41.

XorXisT wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:13 am VST3 version the white dot don't move, just appear momentarily.

Live 11.0 release, Live 10.1 & Beta 11, Windows 10, Dune 3 3.41, latest amd drivers.
And it's only with that patch or with others as well?
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:17 am
The dot moves in the VST 3 version here in three DAWs.

Are you doing any unusual UI scaling in either Windows or in Live ?

Do you have another DAW other than live in which to test ?
Windows scaling is 125%. Live is 100%, with HiDPI on. DUNE is with auto-scale OFF and Gray Huge skin.

No other daw to test.

XorXisT wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:22 am Windows scaling is 125%. Live is 100%, with HiDPI on. DUNE is with auto-scale OFF and Gray Huge skin.
Can you try it with Windows scaling set to 100% ? I think scaling might be a clue.

cytospur wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:18 am

And it's only with that patch or with others as well?
Gate Express KS does exactly the same.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:24 am
XorXisT wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:22 am Windows scaling is 125%. Live is 100%, with HiDPI on. DUNE is with auto-scale OFF and Gray Huge skin.
Can you try it with Windows scaling set to 100% ? I think scaling might be a clue.
Sorry my bad, actually windows scaling was 150%.

And BINGO! Both VST2 & VST3 work fine with windows scaling at 100% :tu: .

I'll try other scaling sizes and will report back.

Great, I had the feeling that scaling might be the issue. I've seen reports about other plugins that don't seem to like scaling other than 100% especially VST3 versions.

Return to “Instruments”