Available now: Tone2 Saurus4 analog synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Very nice. Markus does the standalone Mac version mean standalone versions of your other instruments coming in the future for the Mac? Very handy as its nice sometimes to just load something up and play so the standalone mode for Saurus is fantastic.
Yes. There will be standalone as well VST3 versions (both M1 native + Intel) available for free for:
Electra2
Icarus2
Saurus

VST3 and standalone might also be available for:
Nemesis
RayBlaster
Gladiator

M1 native VST2 and AU versions are already available for:
Electra2
Icarus2
Saurus
Nemesis
RayBlaster

Thank you 😊

Thanks.
rsp
sound sculptist

The PC version is also available.

------------------------------------
Saurus 3.3 beta (free update)

The update is available for free for all Saurus users. It adds a VST3 and a standalone version for Mac and includes some fixes.

New features:

- Added a VST3 version for Mac (M1 native and Intel).
- Added a standalone version for Mac (M1 native and Intel).

Fixes:

- The VST3 version on PC did not properly list all parameters.
- The AU version of Saurus 3.2 running in M1 mode could occasionally crash.
Last edited by Markus Krause on Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Many thanks Markus, seems your in fire!

Thanks! Just did a quick check with the MIDI learn from my controller for the Volume knob.

I set it once, and it was remembered in all formats in use here: VST, VST3, and standalone! Nice!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Gosh! Saurus is at v3 ?! I'm still at version 1 ! :o
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:31 pm Gosh! Saurus is at v3 ?! I'm still at version 1 ! :o
Upgrading from v2 to 3 was free, but I'm not sure about v1 to v3.

Any thoughts of doing a version for iPad?

cyberheater wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:27 pm Any thoughts of doing a version for iPad?
So far the Tone2 synths only have PC and Mac versions.

Can't say I would be in favor of Markus taking on another platform to support!

I think a lot of folks would be interested in a iPad version.

cyberheater wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:37 pm I think a lot of folks would be interested in a iPad version.
Maybe so, but then that would take away development time for Markus to focus on PC & Mac.

Markus some good news...as of v 11.2 of Ableton the M1 AU of Saurus is scanned properly and works.

cyberheater wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:37 pm I think a lot of folks would be interested in a iPad version.
The version for iPad will be more of a toy, I don’t quite understand what the convenience is.
Live performances?

No need to shift the focus from the PC versions for manufacturer, there will always be something to add and fix.

Le0nidas wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:35 pm
The version for iPad will be more of a toy, I don’t quite understand what the convenience is.
Live performances?

No need to shift the focus from the PC versions for manufacturer, there will always be something to add and fix.
The developer of KV331 Audio went down the i-Thingy rabbit hole, and that set him back a few years on the SynthMaster 3 timeline. Then he had to deal with the Apple switch to the Silicon CPU. Another big setback...

I am all for focusing development on the major computer platforms first, then playing with the toys later...

Return to “Instruments”