Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

The thing is with reason is that it's ONLY wav, right?

I use MP3 all the time to check mixes in automobiles, on phones, etc. It's still an extremely popular and nearly universally supported format. But I use an external transcoder and also several other formats. As there are lot of free encoders available, I don't see it as must-have for any DAW, just a convenience.

Yeah, same for me. MP3 is also still a important format for me, and, i don't need a DAW internal encoder, when i can do the encoding with other tools. I mostly just output WAV from a DAW anyway.

Yeah I have to agree, mp3 as a reason for complaint is weird. There are plenty of free or nearly free converters on OSX and Windows etc. Looking at songs of mine from 15 years ago that I never bounced tracks to audio files, that have discontinued 32 bit only VSTs, that I can only find the mp3 version of....

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:10 pm The thing is with reason is that it's ONLY wav, right?
This is the only option for Reason, correct? :shrug:

There are plenty of free mp3 converters, it can't be that hard to download and install and use it.

Audacity exports to MP3 and OGG. You can also normalize, edit, and clean up your files before export. Quick and free solution.

If no MP3 export is the biggest controversy in this new DAW release, it sounds like a winner to me! I never export mp3 anymore and my releases are always submitted as FLAC or WAV.

Anosou wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:33 pm
Reason Intro = Reason Intro + Reason Rack Plugin with all devices that come with Reason Intro.
Reason = Reason + Reason Rack Plugin with all devices that come with Reason
Reason Suite = Reason Suite + Reason Rack Plugin with all devices that come with Reason Suite.

The new devices added in Reason 11, the five effects, are only added to Reason and Reason Suite. They're not available in Reason Intro.

At the bottom of this page you'll see the current differences between Intro and Reason: https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reason

We'll have a new comparison matrix at launch. :)

Anosou, Is Reason 11 Lite being discontinued?
And/or will it be available through Reason Compact?
Last edited by festeringheap on Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wow, it's nice to see that Reason did that, and we can use it in other DAW's :)
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Beta version has landed on my PC!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: Basically it means no sex or anything where I'm needed for at least couple of weeks.. I'll call to work that I'm sick :lol:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:43 pm Beta version has landed on my PC!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: Basically it means no sex or anything where I'm needed for at least couple of weeks.. I'll call to work that I'm sick :lol:
Welcome home :help:
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:43 pm Basically it means no sex or anything where I'm needed for at least couple of weeks.. I'll call to work that I'm sick :lol:
You're a prostitute? How totally cool! :party: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:14 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:43 pm Basically it means no sex or anything where I'm needed for at least couple of weeks.. I'll call to work that I'm sick :lol:
You're a prostitute? How totally cool! :party: :lol:
:D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

They call it beta but it’s rock solid, loving it!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”