Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

I have also asked for this :) Right now there isn't afaik.

It would be nice to have some converter which can do this, doesn't even need to be a part of Atlas 2 itself. You could ask the developer about it, he's quite responsible and open to suggestions.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Never tried it. It got an excellent export function though where you can export MIDIs and Audios in nice ways.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Atlas 2 is available for $49! I think this is a great price and deserves a mention.
https://algonaut.audio/

I hope they will add layering per pad ability, and sequencer variations. :roll:
But overall it one of the best drum plugins!

Stan Navi wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:32 am I hope they will add layering per pad ability, and sequencer variations. :roll:
I found that the developer is very open to suggestions, if you send him an e-mail. I agree: layering per pad or at least linking pads (to play together once you hit one pad) would be a useful feature.

BackInCheck wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:42 am
Stan Navi wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:32 am I hope they will add layering per pad ability, and sequencer variations. :roll:
I found that the developer is very open to suggestions, if you send him an e-mail. I agree: layering per pad or at least linking pads (to play together once you hit one pad) would be a useful feature.
I already sent the request to developer. I confirm, that he is quite responsive.

not reading through the whole 30 pages and the search didn't bring any results. but how do I demo atlas? downloaded and installed the trial and now it's asking me to login to authorize? i don't have and don't want an account (by now). is this necessary to demo?

DrGonzo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:45 am Atlas is a fantastic drum machine. I just wish they would refine their core features a bit more. But I guess a future update would bring more effects and most likely probability.
I don't care much about any of that, but what I would like...:

Some kind of mixer. At 0db in the mixer and the Atlas gain reset Atlas outputs overall drums at +6db...

Multiple patterns in a sequence, that I can select via a midi note

An improved view of the pads and more detailed controls at this level i.e. output channel, level faders per cell, so I can make global changes, perhaps also allow me to save these as 'templates'

Let me edit the velocities on multiple rows at the same time...

Perhaps do the Bitwig thing and let grids stack up and below the initial grid, so I can map more than 16 sounds. Bitwig has pages basically. You may not think it is useful, but I will use half a page just on shaker samples :hihi:

I wonder what the status of the development of this plug-in is !?

...anyone have a clue ? Does the DEV give any life signs ?

There just very recently has been a minor update to Atlas 2. And they released 3 new commercial soundsets. I would count this as life-sign :). See https://algonaut.audio/premium-expansions/

But I notice that this is not very visible from the actual home page.

I've also written mails with the dev and he's actually got quite a few more updates (mostly for improving the sequencer?) in the pipeline, but I think he priorized adding the store / soundsets for this year.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

All my Atlas 2 loop packs are 30% OFF until end of this month (29th Feb) including the double packs, use code SOUND30 to get your discount:
https://sound7.co.uk/search?q=atlas+2&_ ... s=e&_v=1.0

So...any real newS from the dev...?

Uppdate time ?

Live 12 makes Atlas obsolete for a good chunk of the market. They’ll have to up their game to stay relevant.

nanostream wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:11 am Live 12 makes Atlas obsolete for a good chunk of the market. They’ll have to up their game to stay relevant.
how's that?

if live 12 really makes atlas 'obsolete', then that's a benefit... for live 12 users. for all other DAW users, it's still valuable. in fact, for live 12 users who like using atlas... it's still valuable

fisherKing wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:45 am
nanostream wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:11 am Live 12 makes Atlas obsolete for a good chunk of the market. They’ll have to up their game to stay relevant.
how's that?

if live 12 really makes atlas 'obsolete', then that's a benefit... for live 12 users. for all other DAW users, it's still valuable. in fact, for live 12 users who like using atlas... it's still valuable
Sure, that’s why I added „for a good chunk of the market“ :) If they want to continue to appeal to Live users like me, they’ll have to up their game. That’s all.

Return to “Instruments”