HGFortune: Astral Dreamer out now - free version - plus free 3 CD Set!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, downloaded it out of curiosity. Is it just me or is there some serious cracking and background noise in the sound when playing chords with certain waveforms?
For instance with this patch:
https://www.box.com/s/jvigcjbnmbfyxgbqfqrx

According to the meter it is not too loud, seems something internal...

Am I blind or are the basic waveforms missing? No osc fine tuning?

fluffy_little_something wrote:OK, downloaded it out of curiosity. Is it just me or is there some serious cracking and background noise in the sound when playing chords with certain waveforms?
For instance with this patch:
https://www.box.com/s/jvigcjbnmbfyxgbqfqrx

According to the meter it is not too loud, seems something internal...
What do you think are the level knobs at the oscis for? Just for this kind of special case if the Osci wave is quite some punchy to level it down to avoid such. Instead then raise the main volume which is set low (around 9:00 c'clock) in your patch.
fluffy_little_something wrote:Am I blind or are the basic waveforms missing?
It should be no problem to load some basic waveforms via some free sf2 files. Maybe you don't like this "Saw" but instead prefer another one which is more to your liking? So you might add your favourite basic waveforms.
Anyway this synth is not meant to be a VA synth with basic waveforms.
Instead it features a lot of - even more complex - waveforms to get fairly easy to the results for the musical genres it is meant to be used for: Ambient, Electronica, Experimental, Soundscapes etc. If you are not into one of those genres this one is probably not the synth you are looking for.
fluffy_little_something wrote:No osc fine tuning?
Keep it simple via one Detune knob ;-) - refer to manual how this works.

hth
HG

Well, I simply started from the init patch, thus the 4 level knobs were set the way they were... Thinking about it, I guess I did turn back the global volume, if I remember correctly. I thought it was faster than turning down three osc level knobs. I have already removed the synth, so I can't try what you said, i.e. reduce osc levels and increase global volume.

But after trying some of those waveforms, I guess that synth is indeed not for me, I am not into those genres, was just curious because I like 3-oscillator synths :)

This is a great demo track by Alexey Parfyonov created with the 4 voice free version of Astral Dreamer! A cinematic score track!

https://soundcloud.com/user798439712/as ... audio-demo

enjoy :D
Last edited by Fortune on Tue May 07, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRILLIANT demo, Alexey!

Astral Dreamer is really a nice synth. I really like the direction your synths are going these days, H.G.

They still have the ability to get those signature spacey sounds, but you can also get some bread and butter sounds as well. In other words, it seems to me your synths are getting more versatile with each release. The Tiger was a step in that direction and this one is even better. There are some great "basic" pads in Astral Dreamer that would work in many different types of music.

The interface on this one is easy to read and easy to follow as well. Again, one of the best you've done.

A+ on this one, H.G! :)

Many thanks to the patch designers for their work as well. There are a good number and variety of presets. You can get lost in time listening to some of them!

Hello. I have just uploaded a recently finished 64 Patch bank for Astral Dreamer onto Kvr. Thanks again HG for a wonderful Music Machine. LK.lucknow 13 (Lloyd McKay).

Fortune wrote:This is a great demo track by Alexey Parfyonov created with the 4 voice free version of Astral Dreamer! A cinematic score track!
enjoy :D
Does a nice mood switch from dramatic, towards an Abba-esque style theme 8)
Loading of soundfonts always maximizes your instruments potential beyond just
the more obvious main purpose! :)
Cheers

lucknow13 wrote:Hello. I have just uploaded a recently finished 64 Patch bank for Astral Dreamer onto Kvr. Thanks again HG for a wonderful Music Machine. LK.lucknow 13 (Lloyd McKay).
Great! Thanks a lot!

Sorry to pick up on this again, but I was just listening to that second demo track (Kujashi patches) on your site, from 11:26 on you can hear quite a lot of ugly distortion of the kind I had mentioned before... Seems it is easy to overpower that synth ;)

It's interesting, some of those sampled waveforms don't sound good on their own (especially on good headphones where one hears every little sample flaw), but mixed with two others they can nevertheless result in quite interesting amalgamated sounds :)

JUst wanted to Say that the newest bank(5) by DS is really very good and am looking forward to investigating it more fully. Thanks for this DS.lk
Last edited by lucknow13 on Wed May 22, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for yet another top synth! :tu:

It's a great synth, and I will buy it if I can get it working.

I've been experimenting with the free version (in Fruity Loops), and if I have more than a half-dozen instances I get the very bad crackling/overdrive, including when rendering. Also, even wthout the crackle, the program hangs for 5-10 seconds when I move the playback position. It gets worse as I add more instances.

Free 3 CD Set by Inner Dreamer:
https://archive.org/details/AstralDream ... Experience
(Does also include all required images files for CD and Covers in a separate zip file.)

Astral Dreamer Hyper Experience - One Night From Eternity 2013!

All tracks exclusively made with HGF Astral Dreamer VSTi plugin Synthesizer.
No external FX, nor sequencer, no other synth, no loop nothing else.
Only the incredible Astral Dreamer and its Magical Morphism used in realtime.

All tracks are exclusive "oneshots" (no past, no future). They are only fruits of the present because they reveal what's inside our heart deep inside the "moment". Each sound has it's own story!

Enjoy :)

Thanks man, that is very nice of you :tu:

Return to “Instruments”