Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

I just checked Rapid and it's silent in Studio One / Windows. Even after I activate, the plugin shows not activated and content not installed.

thenumber23 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:48 am I just checked Rapid and it's silent in Studio One / Windows. Even after I activate, the plugin shows not activated and content not installed.
Make sure the plugin and content, is installed to the default install paths, and activate it as normal.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Thanks for the info. I emailed support - they had me uninstall first then reinstall. This fixed it.

What I am missing most from Rapid is more Banks, third party and parawave.
rsp
sound sculptist

Is there any updates ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:35 pm Are there any updates ?
Sorry, but i had to fix that :)

it's abandoned sadly...

just kidding

but man, i had hoped for more news. what happens if the dev/company is out of business? no offline activation?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Parawave even have a FAQ entry for our insecure fellow forumers:
Is Rapid still being developed?
Yes, we will add new features and improvements. Take a look at our roadmap.

https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_roadmap

"But, but... the last entry on the roadmap is from 2022!!"

Yes yes, my dear... tranquilo, tranquilo.

Just talking without any actions still counts as abandoned.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:24 pm Just talking without any actions still counts as abandoned.
Last update was a mere 4 months ago. Do you know how many plugins I own which haven't been updated for 4 months or longer?

I would say about 80% of them.

No, they're not all "abandoned".

Abandoned is nothing but a feeling anyway. It rather describes the state of mind of the people using it, than the thing they're talking about.

Abandoned is when the developer can't be bothered to inform others of their progress. Or other factors are at play.
Either way Parawave are at this point MIA.

Doggo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:31 pm Abandoned is when the developer can't be bothered to inform others of their progress. Or other factors are at play.
Ok...Uhe Bazille, Spire, Sylenth1, U-He Hive ech so many i think its just easier to name those that are not abandonware.

Or -hear me out- devs like uHe have other plugins as well and are actually very vocal (we know they're alive), while parawave is a one-trick-pony and seems already very overwhelmed with that. Even Lennart Digital regularly posts about updates and progress here.

Doggo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:31 pm Abandoned is when the developer can't be bothered to inform others of their progress. Or other factors are at play.
Most developers don't post here, I doubt many even read KVR...(I don't blame them!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”