FL Studio 20.5 | Introducing a new free plugin FLEX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:46 am
telecode wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:03 pm Anyways, I upgraded to 10.13.6 and the product still crashes like a Luftwaffe over London in 36
Let’s hope Santa brought you a history book 😉
welcome to my foes list. ;-)
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I’ve been testing FL Studio on my High Sierra iMac... And by “testing”, I mean watching it crash while playing the demo songs. :shrug:

(No, I don’t have problems on this computer; it’s just FL Studio)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Maybe try with a real computer? 8)

anyway I still miss the theming possibility
(open on new tab)

big respect to the unofficial modders to make FL so eye candy
Last edited by xbitz on Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:54 pm Maybe try with a real computer? 8)
Don’t start.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

xbitz wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:00 pm anyway I still miss the theming possibility
I think it’s very pretty by default (though cluttered to hell and back). The graphic design (not the planning/layout) is very pleasing to me. It’s some of the best detailed graphic design still going strong in the software world. It’s not dominated by stupid flat fad minimalism. No blinding whitespace. No cyan and teal. Good contrast (except for the menus, with their tiny text).

I just wish the layout and UI design wasn’t so... MUCH. It’s very Windows & Linux.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Really hope those with crashes reported them to IL incl. crash logs or a way to replicate. Would be a shame if complaining in a forum is the only thing done.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:06 pm
xbitz wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:00 pm anyway I still miss the theming possibility
I think it’s very pretty by default (though cluttered to hell and back). The graphic design (not the planning/layout) is very pleasing to me. It’s some of the best detailed graphic design still going strong in the software world. It’s not dominated by stupid flat fad minimalism. No blinding whitespace. No cyan and teal. Good contrast (except for the menus, with their tiny text).

I just wish the layout and UI design wasn’t so... MUCH. It’s very Windows & Linux.
open FL after worked with Cubase for hours :D
gonna look like a ... Meh :) this is why I'm using the modded one

I’m not fond of Cubase’s overall user experience either.

Edit: though I can find my way around in it fairly well, unlike the foreign land that is FL Studio. And I even grew up on soundtrackers!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:01 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:54 pm Maybe try with a real computer? 8)
Don’t start.
:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist :hug:

Pattern Track in playlist
I see FL is adopting some instrument track paradigm. And there has been a feature called "Split by Channel" for long. It's a kind of process that commits to generate and add new data to the project. (i.e. Creating new patterns for each played instruments.)

But how about giving Pattern Track (default playlist track with steroid?) which can be expand/fold and works like Split by Channel/Merge Patterns back and forth.
  • Expand
Each instruments go to have each tracks/clips.
  • Fold
Each tracks/clips are folded into one Pattern Track and pattern clip(s).

^^^ channel filter group - pattern - playlist "Pattern Track" should be created with same names
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTuvMFhNUPs
instruments etc. with track assignments go into them, automation goes automatically to the given "Pattern track" this is how it works now, additionally patterns can be created with "Make unique"

@xbitz
Yeah advanced channel filter group feature would be beneficial with this Pattern Track idea.

FL STUDIO DA' BEST! :phones:

Chipi wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:58 am FL STUDIO DA' BEST! :phones:

That's a nice layout .

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”