Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

i have the latest version, but did some already contact Fathom, and perhaps it can't work, because... the same server?

or i will try to contact support.

zzz00m wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:14 pm This is the IP address Fathom attempts to reach out to when I check for updates here: 96.245.225.2, and using a ping command to that address times out. Trace route also times out.

IP lookup shows this as a Verizon Fios IP located in Philadelphia, PA. That is Fathom home base I believe.

IP lookup here:
https://www.wmtips.com/tools/ip/96.245.225.2
That ping is deactivated is quite okay ... I hope Fathom is still alive.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:42 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:14 pm This is the IP address Fathom attempts to reach out to when I check for updates here: 96.245.225.2, and using a ping command to that address times out. Trace route also times out.

IP lookup shows this as a Verizon Fios IP located in Philadelphia, PA. That is Fathom home base I believe.

IP lookup here:
https://www.wmtips.com/tools/ip/96.245.225.2
That ping is deactivated is quite okay ... I hope Fathom is still alive.
i contacted support, i hope i get a reaction, and perhaps others already tried.

it are problematic times for indie developers, it seems.

EDIT: Fathom Pro/Vector (i have Vector) is one of the unique or special synths out there, so i hope...

perhaps vacation.. heatwaves? o well...

Got an email from Everett an hour ago - No mention of the server issue but got manual links to the latest build, so he's still out there :)

mcbpete wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:25 pm got manual links to the latest build, so he's still out there :)
Great news!!!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yes, I'm still here.

The server is currently down for maintenance as I'm in the process of moving from Philadelphia to Florida. You do not need to ping the server for version 3.8.3. I still read the support email every morning so anyone needing the links can get them fairly quickly and to install you just drop them in, no need for the server.

There have been some sales of Vector recently so thank you to everyone who just made a purchase. Sorry I don't check here more often but the thread often goes months without any posts so I sometimes get out of the habit.

Hey, does anyone subscribe to the hardcopy of Computer Music Magazine. I need to update them for 3.8.3 but I'm not sure if they still include Fathom on the DVD. Maybe someone could check their DVD for the last issue and see if Fathom CM is still in there. If so, I need to give them 3.8.3 since it has massive new features.

Very heartfelt thanks for everyone who still uses Fathom and supports us.

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:16 pm Hey, does anyone subscribe to the hardcopy of Computer Music Magazine. I need to update them for 3.8.3 but I'm not sure if they still include Fathom on the DVD. Maybe someone could check their DVD for the last issue and see if Fathom CM is still in there. If so, I need to give them 3.8.3 since it has massive new features.
It's included with every issue of Computer Music via filesilo.co.uk where it is part of their plugin suite. So it's probably a good idea to get in touch with them again.

I haven't checked, but do they even still have a physical DVD?

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:16 pm Hey, does anyone subscribe to the hardcopy of Computer Music Magazine. I need to update them for 3.8.3 but I'm not sure if they still include Fathom on the DVD. Maybe someone could check their DVD for the last issue and see if Fathom CM is still in there. If so, I need to give them 3.8.3 since it has massive new features.
I don't have the hardcopy, but do subscribe to the CM electronic edition. I get access to the CM plugin suites online via File Silo.

CM updated the plugin suites earlier this year, and the new version contains Fathom CM 3.6, compared with the previous suite which contained Fathom CM 2.31.

I subscribe and get the paper copy, but as people have said, they stopped doing the cover-mounted disc maybe a year or so ago (likewise paper copy in physical walk in shops/newsagents. No cover disc). There is only the terribly slow FileSilo now.

Hope the move goes smoothly Everett.

sbmongoose wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:44 am Hope the move goes smoothly Everett.
:tu:

sbmongoose wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:44 am I subscribe and get the paper copy, but as people have said, they stopped doing the cover-mounted disc maybe a year or so ago (likewise paper copy in physical walk in shops/newsagents. No cover disc). There is only the terribly slow FileSilo now.

Hope the move goes smoothly Everett.
Time flies, the last DVD was in CM220 dated September 2015 :wink:

I wasn't subscribed to CM that far back, sorry, so they have had cover discs way, way after that.

I've got CM DVD from the June 2021 ussue on my desk right now. It was the issue with Kilohearts Carve EQ. There may be more after that too, but I'm not certain.

Ok, after a quick hunt around I've found the disks from the October 2021 issue and the Autum 20212 issue as well.

*edit* ok, after a bit of a hunt, issue CM302 Dec 2021 (ironically considering which thread we are in as Fathom CM2 was the covermount), the editor talks about it is going to be the last issue with a cover disc due to rising costs.

How to CM subscribers get the free plugins if there is no longer a DVD?

FathomSynth wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:35 pm How to CM subscribers get the free plugins if there is no longer a DVD?
By downloading from FileSilo https://www.filesilo.co.uk/computermusic/

FathomSynth wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:35 pm How to CM subscribers get the free plugins if there is no longer a DVD?

Return to “Instruments”