RapidComposer v5 beta feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

sj1 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:43 pm It seems that a close/restart is needed to see the update when a change to this setting is made. Am I observing correctly?

If so, a) it would be nice if this could be a "live" feature, but b) if not, then I suggest a note on the settings page indicating that a restart is required.
You are right, I did not realize that. I have fixed this in the new beta version (see below).
Thanks for bringing this into my attention.

RapidComposer v5.2b4 is available!

Lots of improvements have been implemented in this update.

Improvements:
  • Reworked rhythm processing in the MIDI Mutator: non-destructive options added
  • Extracting rests from MIDI files added to MIDI Mutator with randomization option
  • The folder track shows all notes of the included tracks. This is especially useful when it is collapsed (thanks to Janos Karpati for the idea)
  • Fixed: switching from alternative to conventional notation (or back) updates chord names immediately
  • Fixed several bugs when offseting notes in the new rhythm processing
  • Saving the VST/VST3 plug-in state in the 'undo' history is disabled by default. It takes seconds for some plug-ins which slows down the whole application.

Thanks for 5.2b4 !
The folder track shows all notes of the included tracks. This is especially useful when it is collapsed (thanks to Janos Karpati for the idea)
It's a very nice display! I do suggest that on/off for it be optional/toggleable. Sometimes we will only want to see onscreen that which is clickable/editable.

Fixed: switching from alternative to conventional notation (or back) updates chord names immediately
Nice. Thanks for this!

sj1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:59 am It's a very nice display! I do suggest that on/off for it be optional/toggleable. Sometimes we will only want to see onscreen that which is clickable/editable.
Thanks, Steve! I added a button for toggling displaying notes in the folder track.
Attila

Reworked rhythm processing in the MIDI Mutator: non-destructive options added
Extracting rests from MIDI files added to MIDI Mutator with randomization option

i hope this options will be added to the separate mutator plugin

mongoloff wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:25 am Reworked rhythm processing in the MIDI Mutator: non-destructive options added
Extracting rests from MIDI files added to MIDI Mutator with randomization option

i hope this options will be added to the separate mutator plugin
Yes, of course! Once all bugs are eliminated, I'll upload the MIDI Mutator plug-in too.

Hello Attila. It would be very good to solve two old inconveniences in Mutator. When working with a mono phrase, doubling of notes often occurs (like the consonance of two notes) and I would really like to have a reset button to the original midi file. Thank you .

:!: This is important: since March 11th the built-in update checking stopped working due to server configuration changes. You will receive a "Connection error" message... This affects all users.

A new update checking mechanism was implemented in RapidComposer v5.1.4 that was uploaded on March 12th. The beta version will be updated shortly.

You can download demo versions from the website (that turn into unlocked versions after installing them) or you can use the download links you received in e-mail.

I apologize for the inconveniences. :oops:
Attila

EDIT: replaced 'yesterday' and 'today' with dates

lulukom wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:48 pm Hello Attila. It would be very good to solve two old inconveniences in Mutator. When working with a mono phrase, doubling of notes often occurs (like the consonance of two notes) and I would really like to have a reset button to the original midi file. Thank you .
Hello lulukom!

I added a 'reset' button to restore the original MIDI file. In addition overlapped notes are checked and fixed if there are any.

If there is a specific operation when note doubling occurs, please let me know. I would like to reproduce this, but I could not so far. Some rhythm operations may create overlapping notes, e.g. when the "Preserve original length" option is set (but this is expected).

EDIT: I realized adding chord notes also cause overlapped notes. This is also fixed in the next beta.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks Attila. So far I have noticed precisely the doubling of notes in some variants of the algorithms, in particular in manipulations with rhythm. We are, of course, talking about monophonic midi files.

RapidComposer v5.2b5 is available!

Since update checking does not work, you'll need to use the .php link to download this beta version... Please e-mail or PM me if you cannot find the links.

Improvements:
  • Button added to restore the original phrase in the MIDI Mutator
  • Overlapped notes are checked and corrected in the MIDI Mutator
  • Folder tracks have an option to display the notes
  • Fixed a bug when zooming folder tracks
  • Fixed: due to server configuration changes, update checking stopped working

Hello Attila. Thanks for beta 5. Now everything is better in Mutator, but I don’t like that after I made settings for example Rhythm 1 and turn on or change quantization, the settings are reset. I don't think this is right.

Hello Attila. Well, here's an example of doubling notes in a monophonic file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi. Thanks for RC v2.5b5 !

I have 3 quick observations about MIDI Mutator:

1. The Restore Original MIDI icon does not work.
2. The scrolling line is visible way off from the audio playback
3. It would be nice to have a "Master Dice" that would roll all the rest of them.

Also, the hot key that turns loop on/off in the Composition view does not work after MIDI Mutator is opened. (Same for Phrase Editor, and maybe others.)

It would be good for the loop hotkey to operate in all views.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”