Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

RPH wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:07 am There is an active roadmap for Fathom, GPU support is next up AFAIK.
I understand. Where can I find roadmap ?
Thank you.

rtoip wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:42 pm
RPH wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:07 am There is an active roadmap for Fathom, GPU support is next up AFAIK.
I understand. Where can I find roadmap ?
Thank you.
Search this thread. It was all discussed here.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I really tink Fathom is one of the most underrated Synths. I have learned a few things from Fathom that are not in any other synth... "Skip Cycle" setting for instance. And the latest addition to the Meatmorphich Osc ... they are just unique.
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

I totally agree Peter
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Just a quick update based on some of the recent posts above.

Thanks for the kind words regarding Fathom's cult appeal.

Yes, Fathom is still under active development by the original author and that would be me "Everett".

For the time being PayPal will not be available on the web site. PayPal closed my account because of a recurring bill I forgot about which over charged. This was the last straw for me with PayPal. They've been nothing but trouble since I started working with them so I'm finally giving up on them. If people want to purchase for now they will just have to use a credit card or buy it here on KVR.

I've recorded all the feature requests over the last few pages for future development plans. Just to confirm, no, sorry, the front panel XY controls are not currently automated from the host. I will add that as a feature.

In regard to spectral features in Fathom Vector everything is explained in the manual. Sorry there is yet no specific tutorial video on that feature, that is until Scrubbing Monkeys makes one.

Yes, GPU processing is high on the list.

As an early adopter but later ignorant, does Fathom fully support MacOS? I had the feeling it wasn’t. Would it run on a M1 Mac?

A Mac OSX release is available for Fathom both on the Website and included in the update email.

However years ago Apple disabled security permissions for private developers.
So you have to perform some magic by which OSX will allow your host to run the plugin.
There are instructions for that on the website and in the user guide.

Fathom on Mac runs a lot slower so it is a better experience on a PC.

Hm, the Update Server is still down ... :-(

Just checked today. Still no server available... Hope that Everett is doing okay!

Hmm, last time the server was turned off or something?

The server doesn't appear to have ever been turned back on...

zzz00m wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:36 pm The server doesn't appear to have ever been turned back on...
Has anybody talked to Everett lately besides trying to contact him through this thread?

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:53 pm
zzz00m wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:36 pm The server doesn't appear to have ever been turned back on...
Has anybody talked to Everett lately besides trying to contact him through this thread?
Good Question. Had some contact a while ago, yet not after the Server apparently went down. Anyone else?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

I tried to e-mail and PM him. No response yet.

Here's a Fathom tune. I think the boss was going to relocate to a new state.
A big process that can be full of unexpected twists and turns. Hopefully
really good ones, in this case, with more great coding in due season. Getting
affordable GPU units running intensive dsp on an already amazing synth/effects tool
will be great feature :hyper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKYpWo5cvXU

Return to “Instruments”