OwlPlug - An audio plugin manager

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OwlPlug

dropsnorz wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:43 am
Saffran wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:12 am I hope you have a switch to use another display type when the directory have more than 50 plugins in it. Otherwise it would be hard to understand the clutter. Probably needs a list display in that case.
Yes, in fact, always the top 8 largest files are displayed on the chart. If there are more than 8 files, they are grouped into the "Others" section. (Like on the screenshot)
Ok. Sorry for my bad wording. The pie chart is fine. I don't see the plugin size in the list above which is where you would have to look for those plugin sizes in the "other" category.
Is it there but hidden from sight?
I think it's highly possible that you would want to remove other plugins than the largest by comparing plugin names and their size with each other to filter out those you use seldom or never and have large file size.

P.S. Maybe a list with checkboxes for every plugin. All checkboxes that are checked gives you the sum of space you will save if you delete them.

Saffran wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:54 pm Ok. Sorry for my bad wording. The pie chart is fine. I don't see the plugin size in the list above which is where you would have to look for those plugin sizes in the "other" category.
Is it there but hidden from sight?
I think it's highly possible that you would want to remove other plugins than the largest by comparing plugin names and their size with each other to filter out those you use seldom or never and have large file size.

P.S. Maybe a list with checkboxes for every plugin. All checkboxes that are checked gives you the sum of space you will save if you delete them.
I get your point and you are right. This list is now very confusing because it displays plugins recursively (including plugins nested in subdirectories) for a given directory. But the chart on the bottom displays the largest file in the directory (a subdirectory counts as a file).

Anyway, I agree it would be nice to have more details about files on this view. I've created an issue to track this improvement: https://github.com/DropSnorz/OwlPlug/issues/204

Thank you for the feedback :wink:

Is this something I can use to delete my unused plugins?

Fornicras wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:36 am Is this something I can use to delete my unused plugins?
You won't be able to sort plugins by "last used plugins". But you can delete unwanted plugin folders and files directly from the OwlPlug UI.

Hello !

I’ve released a new version, OwlPlug 1.25.0 , with a new feature to scan DAW project files to extract referenced plugins. Plugins references in project files are compared to plugins installed in configured directories. This way, users can quickly identify missing plugins in the local setup.

For now, only Ableton Live (.als) files are supported but other file formats will be added in the future. I’ve already created a list, but let me know if you are interested in this feature for a specific DAW. I will try to prioritize based on your feedback.

I've also updated the look and feel with more contrast and clarity on UI controls.

I hope you'll enjoy it !

Really nice idea! Maybe it needs some GUI semplification, but i'ts still a really good job.

Hello !

I’ve released a new version, OwlPlug 1.26.0, with some new features requested by the community:
  • Support for Reaper DAW project files (.rpp) discovery.
  • Added a list of files and size in directory view as suggested by @Saffran
  • Support for linux AppImage distribution

did you consider asking developers if they want to build on with your project? Maybe a CLAP extension for OwlPlugin with automated update checks or something would be cool.

Hi,
thanks for your work! Please add support for Cubase!
Thanks
Luciano

Any chance of supporting MuLab daw?

llze wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:01 pm did you consider asking developers if they want to build on with your project? Maybe a CLAP extension for OwlPlugin with automated update checks or something would be cool.
I've already contacted some developers of open source plugins. OwlPlug do not require a very specifc format for plugin distribution, so it's easy for creators. CLAP Support would be great. As OwlPlug is mainly using JUCE to scan audio plugins, I'm waiting for official CLAP support.
newluc wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:27 pm Hi,
thanks for your work! Please add support for Cubase!
Thanks
Luciano
A feature request is open for Cubase support in OwlPlug : https://github.com/DropSnorz/OwlPlug/issues/218
I'm struggling to find a way to decode .cpr Cubase Project files. :dog:
sl23 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:10 am Any chance of supporting MuLab daw?
For now, it's not planned. Seems hard for me to get started implementing this feature, Mulab Free do not allow VST / CLAP usage and Mulab Demo do not allow saving projects. Maybe i can get a free licence for development purposes contacting devs.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”