Softube Model 72 - Plugin + Modules for Softube Modular and Amp Room

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

for the modular system I want it, so hope they will include it in Volume 5

e-crooner wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:30 pm
GRUMP wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:06 pm You probably don´t belong to the Target Group. Motor Cycles are also not made for young Rowdies anymore. They are designed for the ones that have once been a young Rowdie. Decades ago. They´re also probably the only ones who really concider buying a monophonic Synth in 2020 :D
You mean they make plugins specifically for the elderly?! That's very nice and geriatric 8)
Lately when it's about financial Affairs and Marketing (Business Side) you'll allways target certain Groups - at least to have something to tell to convince the Others.

And let's face the Truth: Generation WHO has lots of Money and Time now, so ...

One more Minimoog emu. I'll stick with Diva.
Murderous duck!

Unless I am mistaken, I think this is the first Minimoog emulation (besides the sampled UVI product) to require iLok.

Examigan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:17 am Unless I am mistaken, I think this is the first Minimoog emulation (besides the sampled UVI product) to require iLok.
The Universal Audio Minimoog requires iLok too.
Yorgos Simeonidis

WasteLand wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pmthe discount works also for everyone
Everyone aware of the code. If you didn't read KVR, or get marketing emails, you don't get the discount since it's not auto applied. That means those who spent €€€€'s with them, and actually own the qualifying product, may get no discount. No biggie. I just don't like it when companies operate in such ways. :shrug:
it is €79.20. so €100 less than diva.
If you also own Softube's modular product, and can get usage from that angle too, then €79 euro is maybe an ok price. But, as pointed out, it's €159 once the intro sale period is over. At that point it's directly comparable to Diva since it's in the same price bracket. If you're going in the sale price / more direct comparison direction, then there's obviously Monark, which (iirc) has been €49 on sale.

“The Legend” takes the crown for me.
I already had Diva but Synapse really hit it out of the park. The 8 voice poly mode really adds to the package too.

PAK wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 am
Everyone aware of the code. If you didn't read KVR, or get marketing emails, you don't get the discount since it's not auto applied. That means those who spent €€€€'s with them, and actually own the qualifying product, may get no discount. No biggie. I just don't like it when companies operate in such ways. :shrug:
If you also own Softube's modular product, and can get usage from that angle too, then €79 euro is maybe an ok price. But, as pointed out, it's €159 once the intro sale period is over. At that point it's directly comparable to Diva since it's in the same price bracket. If you're going in the sale price / more direct comparison direction, then there's obviously Monark, which (iirc) has been €49 on sale.
I have volume 5 and a lot other softube products, my price is $99

sacer wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:40 am
PAK wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 am
I have volume 5 and a lot other softube products, my price is $99
There is a code for Amp room and modular owners earlier in this thread.

EDIT: MONOPHONICLEGEND

sacer wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:40 amI have volume 5 and a lot other softube products, my price is $99
Volume 4 ITYM? Anyway, it's a €99 intro price for everyone afaik? Someone posted a further €20 coupon which anyone can use, but was (apparently) meant for Modular owners. IE It should've included you as a Vol bundle owner, but apparently doesn't unless you read about it.

In terms of a product btw, it's not a bad one at all. On par with Monark, but with it's own take on the feedback, and some subtle differences in the way it handles mixer volume levels. You could reasonably argue that it's the most accurate Minimoog emulation available, but that would mostly be because it also sticks to the original layout the most (small hidden panel and doubling feature aside)

Why they wouldn't have chosen a lower fixed price, and try to use it to lure in more customers for the Modular product, I'm not sure. But there you go..
Last edited by PAK on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I tried the demo... And I think it's very nice indeed. The sound is very squidgy and hefty... It easily matches the other heavy hitters out there. I think I prefer it a bit if I'm being honest.

That said, I've got a lot of similar softies that do the same thing, or at least a similar thing already - So I don't think I need yet another one. I'd highly recommend this if you've not got a similar soft synth already.

i was very sceptical in the beginning, but as an addition to soft modular, i am trying it now in softube modalur (you can make it even MPE in it... or take 4 instances in voltage modular and use MPE...), the 7 modules, if it add enough to the sounds i consider to buy it. so making patches with it now, with the other modules, and the roli module.
nothing decision yet, the filter is great, and a real addition. but the other parts, o well, the doubler and spread...
the doubling is controlable in modular, not in soft modular, and i have the feeling the doubling is in way always active in the background in the vst version. because if you dial in the doubler, you get that drift..

must try more, experiment more, and double check..

MONOPHONICLEGEND

gives 20% discount!!

this will work, i hope, the discount will work for everyone (can't check it, but it is accepted, when i am nót logged in..).

Some tests with only one activated oscillator and adjusted levels. 1 bar @C1 and later 1 bar @C2.
Legend, Model 72, Diva - in this order.
Legend is the earlier model and a small drift of "2" (saturation with default setting "2").
24dB filter closed, filter envelope enabled.

https://4damind.com/frank/frank_arnold- ... 2_diva.wav

There is more low end with Model 72 and Diva (sounding similar), at @C2 there is not so much difference. Model 72 sounds for me the best, directly followed by Diva, Legend the last place.

4damind wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:17 pm Some tests with only one activated oscillator and adjusted levels. 1 bar @C1 and later 1 bar @C2.
Legend is the earlier model and a small drift of "2" (saturation with default setting "2").

There is more low end with Model 72 and Diva (sounding similar), at @C2 there is not so much difference. Model 72 sounds for me the best, directly followed by Diva, Legend the last place.
I checked your sample in my car and all sounded like coming from same synthesizer just with different filter setting. :-D

the.new.me wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm
4damind wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:17 pm Some tests with only one activated oscillator and adjusted levels. 1 bar @C1 and later 1 bar @C2.

I checked your sample in my car and all sounded like coming from same synthesizer just with different filter setting. :-D
Yes, any decent synth can make that sound.

Return to “Instruments”