Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

I'm not so sure, there are a lot of MPC style beat making guys and they are very well catered for by Maschine and Akia etc, but there are probably just as many 'FL Studio' step sequencing guys making this type of music, so a step sequencer is pretty smart as this is a strong existing feature in S1.

All will be revealed in less than an hour :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

From the Youtube comments:
Studio two coming

It appears that one of it's intended uses is for live performance...
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

"Studio One 5 will be available at 11:00 a.m. CDT."

:)
Last edited by dirtydenver on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clip gain envelopes, finally!

They have integrated the score editor!!
Added articulation!!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Holly shit this is a big release!

I think this version 5 may actually allow me to commit exclusively to one DAW!!! Can't wait to get my hands on the demo.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Shame that people always shout for features, features, features. I'd really rather have seen some well due fine tuning, than a gazillion of new features.

Yes, you can't please everyone. But, this is kind of a bummer for the people who like Studio One for it's streamlined feature set and feel.

E.g. I'd really like to see them revamping the inspector (it's way too busy...), and fine tune the GUI to be a bit more clear and have more contrast.

Anyone interested in Notion 6 for "free" (just pay the transfer fee)? :dog: :ud:

Can't see I have any use for it anymore. Or should I keep it still? :)
Last edited by starflakeprj on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Here comes the subscription plan, Personus Sphere !!!
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

The 'Exciting new product' is Subscription' !! :-O That is some disappointing end to the big build up secret product!
Fortunately you can still buy it outright

No MPE though :(

15$ monthly subscription. I liked Presonus, that they didn't use this bullsh*t before. Very sad to hear it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”