Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:09 pm My next guitar turned out to be an amp ...
I went to this little hippy town north of where I live that was supposed to have this custom guitar dude. I needed some work on my tele that I wasn't comfortable doing. Anyhow, when I walked in his shop he had a 65' deluxe reverb sitting there. emphasis on "had" as it's sitting in my room now. It is likely the most spotless one I've ever seen. It still has the original 2 prong plug with the bakelite surround, making it a nice vintage death machine!

Verrry nice SJ. Now you can surely stop f**king about with that prog-rokk nonsense and give us a bit of Fender Twin jangle.

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:12 pm Verrry nice SJ. Now you can surely stop f**king about with that prog-rokk nonsense and give us a bit of Fender Twin jangle.
I'd have to disconnect the 4 echos, 3 phasers, 2 choruses and 2 fuzzes that are split to the leslie... Too much work, I'll have to stick with the prog. :hihi:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

ill translate for you donks
he said
"piss off folky!"
:hihi:

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:49 pm
"piss off folky!"
As well as being the Bob Dylan of Little London, I think you are well aware (given that I trounced you... :hihi: ) that I am also MOST METEL :band2:

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:58 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:49 pm
"piss off folky!"
As well as being the Bob Dylan of Little London, I think you are well aware (given that I trounced you... :hihi: ) that I am also MOST METEL :band2:
don't shoot the messenger, i was only translating :hihi:

:D

justin3am wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:48 am You have a Variax, right? I've always liked the sound of the guitar parts in your music. Do you have any recordings with some of the more left-field configurations?
Justin, Sweetwater has a bstock for decent price. You can probably do better if you have a relationship with them.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... atch-white

SJ_Digriz wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:18 pm
justin3am wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:48 am You have a Variax, right? I've always liked the sound of the guitar parts in your music. Do you have any recordings with some of the more left-field configurations?
Justin, Sweetwater has a bstock for decent price. You can probably do better if you have a relationship with them.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... atch-white
Not the f**king white one. :x

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:08 pm Not the f**king white one. :x
rofl, you made me trip over my cape and fall down laughing. :help:

That's it!

Still considering colouring in the pickups with a black marker pen...

By the way .. total off topic .. Every time I see the incredibles and Edna does the "no capes" bit I think of DT. I kind of picture Donkey Tugger as Edna in his posts.

EDIT: Except I hear her say "NO F'N CAPES" in DT's voice.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 pm By the way .. total off topic .. Every time I see the incredibles and Edna does the "no capes" bit I think of DT. I kind of picture Donkey Tugger as Edna in his posts.

EDIT: Except I hear her say "NO F'N CAPES" in DT's voice.
http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/nfc.mp3

:hihi:

that's getting sampled!

ROFL !! Awesome

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”