FR theme: Gimmeback (features from eXT1 missing in XT2)

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can we have velocity color coded notes?? it was reallt handy with ext1, and it could be even more handy with the new drum track.

= = = =
Mod Edit: I edited the title to make the FR theme clearer. DarkStar

:lol: I like the theme. There's some nice stuff from XT1 not there yet. I'm holding on to most of my requests, but:

The recent VST folder and "Replace", I am so missing.

in another thread, bengeorge wrote:An incomplete list:

MIDI: Two word review: "Somewhat Annoying"
1. Double click a note to spilt at the click point.
2. Mousewheel to move note up and down.
3. Octave up octave down buttons.

AUDIO: Two word review: "What? Unusable."
5. Can't figure out how to edit the sample? (To trim it etc)In 1.4 there was a "lowest level" editor if you clicked on the wave in the audio comp. You could move the start point and end point, as well as creating a volume gradient.
6. Can't split the sample? (In 1.4 alt+rightmouse.)

Hope I'm not on the noobie juice here. I've been using v1 for a few years now.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

- add VSTi by right-clicking the track header

- horizontal divider lines (e.g. 25%, 50%, 74%, but ideally configurable by specifying the interval, e.g. 32 or 8 ) in the controller lanes would be useful

- it would be useful if the Controller drop-down list showed listed the CC#s for which messages existed

- add Audio samples/MIDI files/clips by right-clicking in track

- move recordings from the temporary audio file into the project's audio folder

- a "Recent" section in the Plugins section

- route a MIDI track to an Insert FX
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

- Preview when creating/placing/moving notes

- Able to set/modify start/end loop locator with one click

-Pre/post send switch

silicon/silicium wrote:Can we have velocity color coded notes?? it was reallt handy with ext1, and it could be even more handy with the new drum track.
you mean something like this?

Ill see what I can do :hihi:

cheers
jorgen
Half developer half human
XT Software
http://www.energy-xt.com

nice, can you adjust the velocity without having to expand the track lane ?

soma wrote:The recent VST folder and "Replace", I am so missing.
seconded. can't believe how much i miss them, such a boost to eXTs workflow imo.

The replace function, oh yeah, and actually I use the duplicate function for tracks and comps more than I thought I did it seems... And right clicking on a MIDI track or the main window (or the group comp IF IT WAS AVAILABLE :P)

Of course now you can have XTC's with your favourite VSTs saved in a special section of the browser which allows you to insert the plug-in and a blank midi track at the same time - woohoo. It's almost like having a track template.

Regards
Caleb

-EDIT- of course what I'm talking about here isn't exactly a replacement - I just like the idea that I can shortcircuit having to go through a number of directories to find my favourite VSTi by having a folder where my favourites are attached to an XTC clip.
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

what did jorgen say about saving the mixer strip into xtc files btw ?

druid wrote:
The replace function, oh yeah, and actually I use the duplicate function for tracks and comps more than I thought I did it seems... And right clicking on a MIDI track or the main window (or the group comp IF IT WAS AVAILABLE :P)
ctrl+D works in component view but not in tracks. To duplicate components in the mixer, ctrl+drag. You can't duplicate whole channels yet (I think this is related to not being able toe duplicate tracks)

Ill see what I can do
héhé, that was quick! while you re at it, don't forget full alt+click features for editing drum lanes!

jorgen wrote:
silicon/silicium wrote:Can we have velocity color coded notes?? it was reallt handy with ext1, and it could be even more handy with the new drum track.
you mean something like this?

Ill see what I can do :hihi:

cheers
jorgen

:lol:

i'm on a laptop & didint see this post was from jorgen & thought to myself, "how the f**k did he do that mock up"

:hihi:

such exciteing times here,

& its good to see jorgen still in good faith with all the crazy stuff going on here!

this screen shot makes me hope we have a beta comming tomoz :)

Subz

Return to “energyXT”