Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

May update:

Release postponed indefinitely (along with another new product from them). They're still working on it but have not yet provided a new release date other than "soon."

Messe update:

Release date May 11, $99 for a basic set of modules including 6 Doepfer emulations, microtransactions for additional modules beyond that to include (at launch) Intellijel Rubicon, Korgasmatron, uFold II and Doepfer LPG priced in the neighborhood of $29-$49 each. If you own Heartbeat you will also have access to 8 Heartbeat drum modules.

Official announcement: http://www.softube.com/index.php?id=news150
Messe video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... A1lYDmKLIA
Another messe video courtesy bpblog showing a bit more of the drums, a feedback patch, and intellijel modules (this one is better imo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUxJ6Odoq8

Previously:

Only this little teaser so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... awRqNNLmsg

Looks to be some kind of licensing or collab with Doepfer, and maybe Intellijel? Aside from the obvious Doepfer stuff in the GUI shown in the teaser, in the thumbnail for this video on the channel page you can see what appears to be UI for an Intellijel Rubicon. They also have some Intellijel in their hardware rack in the teaser. More info to come at messe. Quite interested to see how this turns out!
Last edited by contrast on Fri May 13, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sounds like modular for sure :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Is this going to be a modular VST?

Yep, you can see it running in Ableton briefly at the end of the video.

i absolutely loathe camera mic recordings .... especially when they're showing off boutique gear, often in a studio loaded with boutique gear ... so why the f**k can't the give us the proper line recording ? no excuses, you got imovie on osx and a range of similar options on windows. And that's just how I feel about regular, joe soap amateurs.

So what's Softtube's excuse ? I know it's a teaser...but I get the impression I'm supposed to be like 'wowee wee wow!' when they switch off the modular and we realise it's their new plugin(s) we're hearing through the camera mic.

wagtunes wrote:Is this going to be a modular VST?
It is not going to be THAT modular VST :troll:

The video shows just what I usually expect from modulars - pointless non-musical noise :wink:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: The video shows just what I usually expect from modulars - pointless non-musical noise :wink:
:hihi:

Yes, but where are the patch cables?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Muziksculp wrote:
recursive one wrote: The video shows just what I usually expect from modulars - pointless non-musical noise :wink:
:hihi:
Right, because the best use of a complex, fully modular, reconfigurable system is to make standard monosynth bass and lead sounds.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Wow, this looks awesome.

Nice lookin'

Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Softube Modular is available from May 11 for $99
Additional modules from Doepfer and Intellijel will be available as add-ons at launch (such as LPG, uFold II, Korgasmatron, Rubicon).
So, pretty cheap for a modular plugin, but with plugins (for the plugin) at extra cost. Kinda makes sense; gives it that authentic Pokemonesque ('gotta get them all') modular attraction. ;)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Instruments”