What Did You Wonder About Today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
harryupbabble
KVRAF
1542 posts since 20 Mar, 2012 from Babbleon

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:57 pm

After I created this post, I wondered why I created this thread.
I created this thread because I don't think this thread is the same as the What Has Baffled You Today thread.

Anyways, today I wondered if Jimmy Page really did make a deal with the Devil.
Although it's probably a sick musing, and I don't really think Jimmy Page would agree to such a deal.. I did wonder about it.

Did the proposal go something like this?

Devil: Hey, you. I sense a "interested in the occult" aura about you.

Jimmy Page: What the f**k!!!??? How did you get past Peter Grant and security? What are you, a sick groupie voyeur or something?

Devil: Hush. Do you want your new band to fade into oblivion? Led Zeppelin. I like the name. You are kind of a kinky dude huh?

Jimmy Page: Nope, nuh-uh, I surely do not want that. Oblivion, I mean. How come your skin is red? Hey wait a minute, you are the...

Devil: None of yo biz, fool. But I'll tell you anyway.

Devil: (proceeds to lie) I'm red because I'm horny.

Devil: And did you not notice I have horns and a tail and a goatee and a perpetual grin? Hello?

Devil: (After a brief pause, for dramatic effect) Okay, so, I can stave off oblivion for your new band.

Devil: (After a second brief pause, for a second dramatic effect) You will have this one particular song and it will have flute.

Jimmy Page: What do you mean by "stave off"? What exactly will you do for my new band? And what's the price?

Devil: Ultrasupermega fame for your fluty song and for your testicular/feminine band as a whole... till the Second Coming.

Devil: (Pauses again, longer this time) The price is that in 1980, your drummer will die.

Jimmy Page: Aaarrghh geezus man, why must you be such a meany? Just because you're the freakin' Devil? When is the Second Coming?

Devil: April 1, 2019. One second after midnight. Greenwich time.

PS Pardon me if Jimmy Page didn't sound British nor grown-up and also pardon if both Jimmy Page and the Devil were grammar-challenged.
I'm just practicing my so-called typing skills, man. I needs a lot of improving. I may be never improve. Oh, well. Hahaha.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Bombadil
KVRAF
4536 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Re: What Did You Wonder About Today?

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:58 pm

I wonder why Martin guitars, when you open the case, are an olfactory feast. My rosewood backed Martins smell kinda like roses and chocolate, and my mahogany backed Martin smells like...I dunno, but it smells delicious. Aroma therapy. No other acoustic guitar that I've owned has this trait. I had two Seagulls for a while, and they smelled like sawed timber. But Martins? Mmmmmmm!
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

harryupbabble
KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 pm

And I wonder, I wa wa wa wa wonder.
Why a why why why why why.
I wonder why my armpits are in reach of my nostrils.
I wonder if that is contributing to my insomnia.

vurt
addled muppet weed
54683 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:35 am

currently wondering "where the f**k is my bus?"

harryupbabble
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:58 am

Today, I wondered if that was really flute on that "fluty song". The consensus seems to be that it's not flute but recorder.

harryupbabble
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 am

I wondered what percentage of popular music, past and present, were/are pattern-based.

I already know that a lot of the Beatles music are pattern-based.

In between speed scrabble games, while waiting for an opponent to join my game, I examine Beatles song.
The last one that I examined is Taxman. Here's what I learned:

The bass part uses 6 patterns that repeats throughout the song. It also uses 6 patterns that never repeats.

The kick part uses 5 patterns that repeats throughout the song. It also uses 2 patterns that never repeats.

The snare part uses 4 patterns that repeats throughout the song. It also uses 3 patterns that never repeats.

Et cetera. Patterns everywhere.

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:32 am

historical war re-enactment : do participants choose which side, or are you given your "orders" for the day, and you could be on either side?

Bombadil
KVRAF
4536 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:55 am

I just want to be on the winning side!
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:25 am

today : the cia document, on their own website, pertaining to dimensional gateways, time space distortion and other such, usually fringe conspiracy nonsense.
im wondering, are there two cia operatives rolling around on the floor in the office after watching various youtoobers almost spill their load while reading it online? :hihi:

Firebird
KVRian
541 posts since 9 Aug, 2005 from USA

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:53 am

Bombadil wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:58 pm
I wonder why Martin guitars, when you open the case, are an olfactory feast.
I left my socks in my Martin case once, boy that hit the old olfactory with a punch!

harryupbabble
KVRAF

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 pm

I wonder what the actual word that Robert Plant is singing in The Rain Song.

Is it growin? Or is it groin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4uzD_hLds

harryupbabble
KVRAF

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:12 pm

I wonder if The Rain Song is actually about urination because... Robert Plant is not always dead serious?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:30 am

wondering why they were digging the path outside my house up, using a mini cat, at 230 - 330 in the morning? :x

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:50 am

seems the electric junction box outside my house blew last night. leaving my next door neighbour to the top of the block without electricity.
me and the 3 houses down the block, no issues :hihi:

mumpcake
KVRian
1119 posts since 27 Aug, 2004

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 pm

I was thinking about some odd consequences if Jesus were divine.

So what if you had some nutjob from the future with a time machine who goes back in time to clone Jesus. Only they want to do a twist on Boys From Brazil where they raise all these Jesuses to be the next Hitler. Someone needs to make this into a movie so I can watch MST3K making fun of it.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Return to “Off Topic”