G8TOR Sequencer Synth

Official support for: 2getheraudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

G8TOR is another 2getheraudio virtual instrument aimed at giving more motion and emotion to your music tracks. In G8TOR you start your creation with a modern subtractive synth sound run through one of 3 programmable sequencers/arpeggiators, then, to add more variation you use 8 trigger pads to filter, modulate and otherwise morph the sequence as its playing. The result is modern, sometimes unpredictable, and a lot of fun to play with. You can check it out here:

https://www.2getheraudio.com/instruments/g8tor/

Hello Gator hunters...

We just released a new set of sounds (expansion pack) for G8TOR. Here are the deets...

Retro Rider includes 64 presets aimed at synthwave, retrowave and futuresynth music styles, inspired by many 1980s films, video games and music by Tangerine Dream, Vangelis and John Carpenter. Retro Rider faithful reproduces the sonic spirit of this genre and has something for all music production styles with its rich collection of basses, keys, risers, leads, brass, pads and effects. Also included are additional sequencer and arpeggiator patterns which give these sounds even more versatility.

There's a demo here: https://www.2getheraudio.com/expansions/retro-rider/
Price is Pay-What-You-Want ($10 min)

If I don't like the demo tracks of G8TOR, will I likely not enjoy using the instrument? To me the demos sounds at first listen as "bad digital" rather than the opposite. Are these demos representative for what you can achieve with G8TOR?

I like the concept.

It's pretty hard to make demos that appeal to everyone as you can imagine. That said, at the moment our demos are done internally by the sound designers, as opposed to artists or professional composers, and usually just one sound designer at that. So yes, there's certainly more in these plugins than you hear in the demos, as I suspect is the case with all manufacturers product demos.

The other thing is you can get a free trial of all our plugins and try it out before you purchase. (exception being there are no free trials for expansion packs). The other thing I'd say is that our plugins are sold under a pay-what-you-want model with a minimum price of $10. I'm 100% sure you'll find $10 worth of goodies in there!

Thanks for reaching out. Hope this answer helps.

Is there a chance you can add additional steps to sequencer, make it polyphonic-capable, and also act as midi input device to other vsts (midi out)?

Yes those are good suggestions. I'll put them on the list. We're also thinking about micro tuning capabilities. Is that interesting to people I wonder?

It's popular with some.
http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/
See list of synths, etc.
Some soft synths have it also.

2getheraudio wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:34 pm Yes those are good suggestions. I'll put them on the list. We're also thinking about micro tuning capabilities. Is that interesting to people I wonder?
Sure could be useful, though I'm more attracted to pitch drift and small shifts making every note somewhat dissimilar from others.

Yes I like that technique also. Especially with drums and percussion. I think the micro tuning feature could allow for this also. I'm just thinking back to how we implemented it in the Kurzweil synths. You could select from a list of non-equal temperament scales (actually Wendy Carlos did those for us) or you could define your own intervals and save your scales. It was never perfect on a conventional keyboard though because so many of those scales are more than 12 notes.

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to use the sequencer with another synth in vst and if yes, how ?
Thank you

Return to “2getheraudio”