GForce OB-1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As expected.... OB-1 is here!
https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/ob-1/
After a quick demo looking like an instabuy for me.

https://youtu.be/OrQVK2C4kf0

f**king gnarly!

but too expensive

They advertise poly aftertouch and poly pitchbend---but I didn't find "MPE" anywhere on the product page. Is it fully MPE compatible? Or is it limited to poly aftertouch and "poly pitchbend" (and if so, does the poly pitchbend work with MPE)?

sqigls wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:46 am f**king gnarly!

but too expensive
It's half price intro, seems reasonable.

Have to try it later

Sounds great! So far some patches have high CPU (for "Worn Tape" while I press 3 keys and sort of rotate around them with poly AT). Wish they did a u-he multicore kind of thing but not sure that's possible with their architecture; nevertheless seems very nice so far

Gforce support:

"Poly Pitchbend and Aftertouch are two of the more obvious features of MPE. OB-1 will respond to both of these on a Roli, or Osmose (other controllers not tested), using MPE mode and multi-channel MIDI modes. We don't declare OB-1 as "MPE" because it lacks other features such as strike, release velocity, multichannel CC, and full range key sensitivity, but it should still give an enjoyable experience when played with popular MPE controllers."

I'd assume Y axis/Slide/MPE Timbre falls under "multichannel cc" and/or "full range key sensitivity" (not sure what they mean by that).

Saying it doesn't support strike is a bit odd since iirc strike is essentially velocity.

f**k ME DEAD!!! Every second SEQ patch is an awesome bassline from the Halcyon days of EBM. Some of the Textures and Effects patches are just f**king amazing. This thing is an absolute f**king animal! Best 40 quid I've ever spent.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | Zoom U24 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

You are a good man, Bones.

May the GForce be with you, always.

:borg:
You can be creative in any right place on Earth, and not only in the wealthiest cities. Bring the world feelings from everywhere, and not only feelings of capitalistic or jail environment.
― Aleksey Vaneev

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:09 amBest 40 quid I've ever spent.
Better than that hooker in Brisbane in '86?

The UI is too hard to read and the synth sounds like another gforce Oberheim synth. Yeah it’s a different flavor. Prefer the SEM.

Think it’s a pass on this one.

Recently (finally) got Spire and I love it and connect with the sound. Not so much this one.

They’re really cranking these things out huh?
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

While OB-X covers similar ground, I wonder if they'll do specific OB-Xa and OB-8 instruments too, to round out the Complete Tom collection?

beely wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:14 am While OB-X covers similar ground, I wonder if they'll do specific OB-Xa and OB-8 instruments too, to round out the Complete Tom collection?
https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/ob-e/
<list your stupid gear here>

?

OB-E is an emulation of the Oberheim 8-Voice. Nothing at all to do with the OB-Xa or OB-8, which are completely different instruments, and not SEM-based at all...

beely wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:49 am
?

OB-E is an emulation of the Oberheim 8-Voice. Nothing at all to do with the OB-Xa or OB-8, which are completely different instruments, and not SEM-based at all...
Fair enuf.
<list your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”