A.O.M. has released Wave Shredder, a VST effect plug-in for Windows that features a collection of destructive processors: Rate Reducer, Zero-time Gate and Chopper, Waveform Cut&Fold and Bit Crusher.
Rate Reducer is based on zero-order sample hold. Zero-time Gate sets the input signal to zero immediately when the signal level falls below the threshold. Zero-time Chopper plays the inverse of Gate. The Cut&Fold section truncates under zero signal to zero, and in fold mode, the section puts inverse truncated signal instead of truncation. Bit Crusher reduces signal's resolution.
- Sound destroying suite.
- Zero-order hold rate reducer.
- Zero-time Gate.
- Zero-time Chopper with auto-gain.
- Waveform Cut&fold.
- Bit crusher [0.0-24.0 bits].
- Supports from 44.1kHz to 192kHz sample rate.
- Supports up to 64bit floating-point I/O.
- 64bit floating-point internal resolution.
- Compatible 32-bit VST interface on Windows.
A.O.M. Wave Shredder costs $38 and is available for Windows as a VST Effect plug-in.