The automatic noise reduction feature allows use of the built-in noise reduction even when there is no part of the recording available that contains noise only. Also aimed at LP or cassette to CD transfers is the new automatic track splitting feature with adjustable noise level threshold and minimal pause length. The handling of markers is greatly improved. Labels and the new region markers are listed in optional region list and label list windows where they can also be removed or renamed.
New in version 3.2 is the support for file meta information such as titles and artist names. Acoustica supports such meta information for files in the MP3 (ID3 tags), OGG and RIFF Wave formats.
The complete list of new features in v3.2 is:
- Automatic noise reduction that does not require the noise analysis step.
- Automatic track splitting.
- Faster loading of audio files.
- Support for region markers.
- Meta information editor for title, artist name and other additional data.
- New dockable windows containing labels and region markers.
- The output meter is now dockable.
- Several new usability features, including new short cuts for faster user interaction.
The upgrade to v3.2 is free for registered Acoustica 3.0/3.1 users. Registered users of older versions can upgrade for US$19.