EastWest follows their Hollywood Strings Virtual Instrument with Hollywood Brass, a massive 150GB instrument that features the brand new PLAY 3 playback engine for the very latest in performance and control. It's scheduled for release in July.
The second installment in the Hollywood series, Hollywood Brass once again combines the talents of Shawn Murphy, Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix and Thomas Bergersen. Recorded in place at EastWest Studio 1, with 5 user-controllable mic positions, Hollywood Brass is designed to work seamlessly with Hollywood Strings (and the upcoming Woodwinds and Percussion) for the ultimate in virtual Hollywood scoring.
Hollywood Brass is approximately 150 gigabytes of "pure Hollywood magic" and includes Solo Trumpet, 2 Trumpets, 3 Trumpets, Solo French Horn, 2 French Horns, 6 French Horns, Solo Trombone, 2 Tenor + 1 Bass Trombone, Solo Tuba, Solo Cimbasso, and a low brass section consisting of 2 Tenor Bones, 1 Bass Trombone, 1 Tuba and 1 Cimbasso. A world-class group of brass artists was gathered for a sampling marathon that lasted for 21 straight 11-hour days followed by a year of post-production.
Here is a list of articulations and techniques that make Hollywood Brass:
- True legato intervals at 3 dynamics that are smooth and realistic.
- Polyphonic legato.
- True connected legato repetitions at 3 dynamics.
- Sustained legato samples from pp all the way to fff.
- True double tonguing for all instruments and sections.
- Expressive sustains.
- Mute sustains and staccatos.
- 8 way staccato round robin at 4 dynamics.
- 4 way round robin marcato short at 3 dynamics.
- 4 way round robin marcato long at 3 dynamics.
- Multi dynamic playable runs patches that will inject real life into brass compositions.
- Trills at 3 dynamics.
- Multi speed and multi dynamic repetition performances that work flawlessly with PLAY's time engine.
- Multi speed time synced crescendos.
- Multi dynamic portato.
- Flutter tongue.
- Slide trombone legato.
- Various effects and clusters and more.
Hollywood Brass also includes new brass reverb impulses taken from the convolution reverb Quantum Leap SPACES.
Hollywood Brass key features: :
- Produced by Doug Rogers, Nick Phoenix, and Thomas Bergersen.
- Sound engineered by Shawn Murphy - Academy Award, C.A.S. (Cinema Audio Society), BAFTA, and EMMY award-winning sound engineer.
- Extensive multiple-dynamic "true legato" solo and ensemble brass, with multiple sized sections and mutes.
- 5 user-mixable mic positions, extensive articulations, and no shortcuts.
- Includes new PLAY 3 64-bit/32-bit software on both MAC and PC, powerful scripting for ease of use, more user control and detail than any other collection, all recorded in the world famous EastWest Studio 1, the home of major Hollywood soundtracks and television themes.
EastWest/Quantum Leap Hollywood Brass Diamond Edition will be available on July 10, 2011, for $995 MSRP ($795 introductory offer) and Hollywood Brass Gold Edition will be available for $595 MSRP ($495 introductory offer).