IK Multimedia has released UNO Synth, IK's first entry in the hardware synthesizer world.
IK say: "We have created a no-compromise instrument with massive analog sound that's also easy to use with hands-on programmability and advanced features at an unbeatable price. With both classic and modern synth sounds instantly at hand, UNO will put a smile on the face of synth fans of every musical genre. All this in a synth module that can be easily carried anywhere."
Thanks to its onboard presets and easy-to-play keyboard with selectable scales and arpeggiator, UNO Synth is a great gateway into the synthesizer world, say IK. The true analog synth module comes with 100 grab-and-go presets (80 fully rewritable), making it ready to play right out of the box.
- All-analog audio path with 2 VCOs, noise generator, resonant multimode VCF and VCA.
- 2 independent VCOs with Saw, Triangle, Pulse waveforms with continuously variable shape including PWM of the square wave plus a separate white noise generator.
- A 2-pole OTA-based analog resonant sweepable multimode filter with LPF, HPF and BPF.
- Custom-designed, dual-stage overdrive that provides filter input overdrive for classic synth saturation tone, from subtle warming to aggressive distortion.
- LFO with Saw, Square, Triangle and Sine, Random and Sample-and-Hold to modulate Pitch, Filter, Amp and continuous oscillator wave shapes including PWM.
- 100 grab-and-go presets (80 fully rewritable).
- 40 onboard controls and LED display.
- Generous 27-note on-board multi-touch keyboard.
- Ultra-portable and lightweight.
- Made in Italy.
The pure analog filter brings all the warmth, depth and fatness you'd expect from a real analog synth. The multimode resonant filter can be used for subtle tonal modification or screaming aggressive resonant sweeps. A custom-designed overdrive circuit lets you easily dial in modern saturated tones. And of course, you can modulate the filter with the filter envelope, LFO and performance buttons, as well as automate it in the sequencer and via external MIDI controllers.
Use it standalone, live with your keyboard or with your DAW
The built-in audio input allows for daisy chaining other external audio device so they can be used together with UNO Synth without the need for an additional mixer.
Keyboard players and producers can connect it to their preferred master keyboard or any MIDI gear using the built-in MIDI In and Out ports and integrate UNO Synth into their live or studio rigs as a powerful and versatile analog synth sound module. With the built-in USB MIDI port, UNO Synth also integrates directly with a DAW or other audio tools running on Mac/PC computers or mobile devices, without needing additional hardware such as MIDI interfaces.
Pricing and Availability