IK Multimedia has updated Modo Bass, the virtual bass instrument for Mac and PC, to v1.5 with new bass models from the most frequent user requests, with more strings, greater range and more control options for enhanced realism and playability.
Described as "the first physically modeled bass virtual instrument", Modo Bass gives you a realistic performance for your bass tracks. Modo Bass isn't a sample-based instrument, but rather a completely new technology where sound is generated by recreating the physical properties of a real instrument — everything that makes an instrument create sound is physically modeled and sound is synthesized in real time.
New in version 1.5:
- 2 new bass models: Metal (based on a 5-string fanned-fret model); Imperial (based on a 6-string custom model).
- 6 string feature: all models can now be turned into 6 string basses.
- Drop A feature: drops the low B String to an A note.
- A redesigned, more flexible control section.
Modo Bass contains a collection of 14 physically modeled iconic electric basses including 2 all new models:
- The "Metal Bass," based on a fanned-fret 5-string model, is particularly suitable for use with the new drop A feature, which allows the lowest note to be tuned from low B to low A, recreating the typical tone loved so much by metal fans.
- The "Imperial Bass," based on a custom 6-string model, provides an expensive, creamy and rich sound that is ideal for funk, pop, Latin-pop, fusion, jazz-rock, alt-rock and many more genres which require a very round, resonant bass tone.
Another new feature is the ability to choose the number of strings on all the models (4, 5 or 6) to determine the note scale range of the bass. Any 4-string model can be turned into a 5 or 6 string bass at a click of a mouse. The Drop option tunes the lowest string one note lower, bringing it from E to D (or from B to A in the case of a 5 or 6 string setup).
Modo Bass provides MIDI control of critical parameters that can be automated in real time. Adding to the versatility is a new feature that allows users to remap keyswitches or link controls to any MIDI control change. Keyswitching in Modo Bass allows players to create real techniques like slides and percussive ghost notes. Users can switch on the fly between chord mode and note mode, the type of stroke used for playing, the fingers used and the method of playing in real time.
Pricing and availability
Modo Bass version 1.5 is a free update for registered users. Modo Bass is available now from the IK Multimedia online store for $/€299.99* and a crossgrade is available for $/€199.99** to qualified users.
* All prices MSRP excluding taxes
** Any previous purchase of an IK Multimedia product with a value of $/€99.99 or more qualifies for crossgrade pricing.