MusicDevelopments has released RapidComposer version 3.1 for Windows and OS X. The new version features MIDI importing, user interface and workflow improvements.
MIDI Import Improvements:
- Redesigned UI.
- Phrase detection: the MIDI events are automatically grouped in phrases. Similar and same note groups are recognized.
- Display detected scale, live chords preview, file and selected tracks info, 'Trim Silence' option.
- Channel 10 handling option (join, split), better instrument selection.
- Improved "Import MIDI Into Current Composition".
- Track templates added. Save complete tracks and restore them from the Track browser.
Phrase Generators And Variations:
- Added "Convert To Phrase Generator" in the phrase inspector.
- New phrase generator: 'Rest' to be used in the Idea Tool.
- New variation: "Rotate Notes".
- New variation: "Remove Short Notes".
- 'Sustain Notes' option added in 'Apply Rhythm' variation.
- 'Truncate Phrase' option added to 'Delay Notes'.
- 'Fill' and 'Velocity For Filled Notes' options added to 'Arpeggiator'.
- 'Mute Original Notes' option added in 'Add Interval' variation.
- Improved 'Join Notes' when applied on a phrase.
User Interface Improvements:
- Track mute/solo logic changed, allowing you to select multiple tracks as solo.
- New setting to use UTF-8 sharp and flat characters (enabled by default).
- Group entry has a menu with recent groups.
- Default track view options can be set in the preferences.
- "Rescan MIDI Devices" button added under Settings / MIDI.
- MIDI file name is displayed for dropped MIDI file instead of "midi".
- You are asked to save or discard the edited phrase, if you set "Always Confirm Discarding Edited Phrase" (disabled by default).
- Ctrl+Shift+click can be used on the Master track to select a chord box even if clicked on the chord name.
- [Windows] WASAPI audio support (shared and exclusive mode).
- Master track chords can be transposed by semitones (found in the master track inspector).
- 9 new phrase arrangements added in Idea Tool (for 3 and 4 used phrases).
- 48 new interesting "5 in 16 pulses" clave patterns in the Rhythm browser.
- New shortcut: "Preview Edited Phrase With Unmuted Tracks".
- New shortcut: "Stop Playback/Jump To Playback Start Position" (Shift+Enter by default).
- New setting: "Export Chords As MIDI Markers" (when exporting MIDI files).
- It is possible to open composition files (.rcCOMP) by doubleclicking on them (both on OS X and Windows).
- The "GeneralUser GS" soundfont is distributed with RapidComposer.
- [Windows] RapidComposerV3 folder is moved to /Users/<name>/Documents.
- [VST] When enabling 'Use Host Tempo' the RC VST plug-in will follow the host tempo changes.
- Lots of bug fixes and stability improvements.
Read more at www.musicdevelopments.com