Overloud has announced TH-U, the evolution of their TH3 guitar amp simulation plugin. The product will be released on February 6th, 2019. Customers who purchased TH3 Full after January 7th are eligible for a free upgrade to TH-U Full.
- 92 guitar and bass amp models.
- 52 cabinet models.
- 77 guitar and studio effects, including Breverb 2 powered reverbs.
- More than 1000 presets covering any musical style.
- Official emulation of Randall, THD, DVmark and Brunetti branded amplifiers.
- Amp Tweak technology, allows to mod the amplifiers by changing the preamp and poweramp tube models, as well as simulating the action of a variac.
- Rig Player, allows to reproduce rig profiles created by sampling real setups using the R2M (Rig To Model) technology.
- 3D, gap-less positioning of microphones and room simulation.
- ReSPiRe technology gives the feeling of standing in front of the real cabinet.
- Fully customizable MIDI control for live usage.
- Cabinet IR component, allows to load external IRs and mix two of them.
- Multitrack looper with limitless recording time.
- Flexible sound chain with split point for parallel processing.
- Built-in chromatic tuner.
In addition to the models available in TH3, TH-U includes:
- 15 new amplifiers, including the Superlead and Superbass models, Polytone jazz amplifiers and DVmark Triple 6 head.
- 14 new cabinets.
- Rig Player, reproduces profiles captured from real rigs with the R2M (Rig To Model) technology.
- Amp Tweaks, mod amplifiers by customizing pre and power tubes.
- A Shimmer Reverb and a Shimmer Delay.
- An improved and redesigned Cabinet IR module.
- A new multitrack looper.
- Search function on the preset banks.
TH-U is able to load rig profiles created by sampling real setups. The Rig To Model (R2M) proprietary technology allows Overloud engineers to sample and capture the response of an entire rig, including the nonlinear and dynamic response of the amplifier, the cabinet, the microphones, the mic preamplifier and the room sound. Rig To Model technology allows to capture both analog and digital setups. The Rig Player, integrated into TH-U, allows to reproduce any nuance of the sampled rigs. Overloud is currently sampling artist rigs and will release expansion libraries of them later.
Thanks to its innovative DSP technology, TH-U features a new panel which allows to change the pre and power tubes models, as well as to simulate the action of a variac. This allows to mod any amplifier model with an almost limitless combination of tubes and opens the product to new sound capabilities.
The TH-U roadmap includes also the iOS (iPhone and iPad) version of TH-U and a preset cloud system to share the presets between computer and mobile devices.