Toontrack has announced the release of EZkeys Small Upright and Indie Pop EZkeys MIDI. This marks the ninth sound library product and the sixteenth MIDI title in the company's line of piano and keyboard products.
The Small Upright sound library ($179) features a carefully sampled six-octave model 1001 piano by August Hoffman, a Swedish brand with lineage tracing back to the late 1800s. This specific instrument is often referred to as the "Bambino" and was built in the 1970s. Due to its small size, it produces a distinct, focused tone perfectly suited for edgy, modern music production. Still to this day, and despite the fact that it's since long out of production, the timbre of the six-octave piano can be heard in mixes by many indie pop, rock and alternative bands from around the world.
- The full EZkeys software and MIDI library.
- A carefully sampled 1970s August Hoffman model 1001 "Bambino" piano.
- A broad selection of presets for quick sound design.
Indie Pop EZkeys MIDI ($29) is inspired by the post-punk soaked late 1970s London, through the synthesizer era of the '80s, the explosion of 1990s Britpop to the countless variations of today – indie pop has swept through the decades and vacuumed every odd bit and piece it found along the way. Inspired by some of the key artists of each era, this collection of EZkeys MIDI takes that very same route and comes out on the other end with a versatile set of song foundations that touch on pop, rock, soul, synth and psychedelia:
- Piano/keyboard MIDI inspired by piano-based indie pop music.
- Performed by professional piano player.
- 3/4 and/or 4/4 playing variations in straight time.
- Organized in traditional song structures.