|Product||Scarlett Plug-in Suite|
|Type / Tags|
Scarlett is a plug-in suite that provides a collection of compression, gating, EQ, and reverb plug-ins for tracking and mixing. The Scarlett user interface features a Red anodized aluminum look featuring intricately modeled, life-like VU meters.
Each plug-in has a host of fast and easy-to-use presets, providing a great starting point for processing everything from vocals and guitars to synth bass and percussion. In addition, every plug-in parameter can be finely tuned to achieve the desired sound.
- Sonic Quality: From the team behind the Forté Suite and the famous Focusrite hardware line.
- Faithful Recreation Of Classic Compressors & Gates: Modeled on original ear-tuned hardware optical compressors, exclusive to Focusrite, Scarlett's dynamics modules deliver that authentic 1960s Opto sound.
- Multi-modes Enable Creative Gating Techniques: The Gate can operate in stereo mode and, in different dual mono configurations, one signal can be used to trigger the gate of another. Ideal for tightening up a bass line, for example.
- Classic Focusrite EQ Curves & Controls: Scarlett uses the same Focusrite six-band EQ approach as the Red 2 and ISA EQs, with filters, parametric mids and shelving, all modeled to offer an authentic response across the entire audible frequency spectrum.
- Professional Reverb With Concise Controls: Based on classic algorithmic studio reverb designs. Easy to use controls get you to the ideal reverb sound in seconds.
- GUI With Life-like Port-hole VU Meters: Scarlett features a red anodized aluminum look, extremely detailed metering and other visual elements from Focusrite's recording history.
Reviewed By Sycopation
April 10, 2016
A lot of you probably own this because you got it free when you bought a Focusrite interface. That's why I have it. Since it was free I really didn't bother with it much for the first half year or so I owned it. But I've been using the EQ and compressor a lot more lately and I quite like both of them. The reverb is okay, but nothing too special, imo. But the compressor specifically is pretty great as a bread and butter track compressor (i.e. not for buses). The gain reduction metering is great, the controls are very easy to use, the interface is pretty good looking. Best of all, the CPU load is reeeeaaaalllly low, which is great for anyone working with an older or relatively underpowered machine.
The simplicity of these plugins is a huge plus. They do what they're supposed to do and they're easy to use.Read more
Reviewed By dancetech
October 16, 2014
Excellent little set of plugins, see full video review here (a proper review, not a re-posted promo video) which shows all the plug-in's features in action, including the various Gate trigger options explained and demonstrated as well as an explantion of the low and high eq bands for beginners who may be interested in getting this suite: http://youtu.be/AVCeUeYNT18.Read more