One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Submissions, Voting & Results

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Congrats to Bzur, Jasinski, z.prime, bjulin and all other contestants. Glad to be in top 5. I almost gave up on my track but finally submitted 20 mins before the deadline. I am glad that I did :-)

Thank you so much for listening and your valuable comments on SC. :hug:

Is it my turn to choose prize? Ok, I will have Sylenth.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Breeze wrote: But I think the point of the OSC is not just competitive: there's a significant amount of camaraderie and sharing going on which is just phenomenal! I have to confess that I didn't participate in this aspect of it because of a lack of time. I'm not a committed soundcloud user and I never even left a single comment on anyone's track. I have to admit that it was nice to see what people thought of my track and I sincerely apologize for not having reciprocated. I see now that this as much a part of the OSC as entering and winning prizes, and it's why I sadly won't be participating again any time soon.
There is, but the commenting is kinda optional don't feel you have to do it and don't apologies for it, some just like giving recognition to parts they like. Most are encouragements, some are constructive criticism, so never take that to heart as it's only one persons opinion. Plus it takes time especially when there are 60-70 tracks.
So take it from someone who constantly strives to finish near the bottom each time :dog: .
Just do the fun part of creating a track each month and see the experience you gain of outputting a track each month. :hyper:

Congrats to the winners! :) :clap: :tu: :party:

chilledpanda wrote: There is, but the commenting is kinda optional don't feel you have to do it and don't apologies for it, some just like giving recognition to parts they like. Most are encouragements, some are constructive criticism, so never take that to heart as it's only one persons opinion. Plus it takes time especially when there are 60-70 tracks.
So take it from someone who constantly strives to finish near the bottom each time :dog: .
Just do the fun part of creating a track each month and see the experience you gain of outputting a track each month. :hyper:
Yeah I agree, the commenting isn't mandatory, if you don't have the time or don't feel like commenting on the entries you can still enter. I think not many people have a problem with that. It's all about learning here, practicing your sound design skills, and for me also finishing tracks ;)
I have a nasty habit of starting tracks left and right and the abandoning them somewhere in the middle.... But if I decide to participate in the OSC I just try harder for some reason. Which doesn't necessarily have to mean that I will finish them, but it certainly improves the chance (from 1-5 to about 25-50 %) :lol:

And I also think most people here enter full well knowing they don't have a chance of finishing in the top 5, there are so many talented musicians joining the OSC every month that the chances to win for most of us are practically zero. But that shouldn't stop you either I think, every time you enter you will learn something new about synthesizing different sounds that you can use later on so everybody wins in a way :)

Oh and congratulations to the winners, great tracks that deserved to win :party:

Though I have to say I was a little surprised to place 10th, since I kind of rushed it (again)... Seems to me that there were many tracks this month that are really a lot better than what I submitted yet placed lower... Maybe it was because of my unexpected/strange choice of synth :lol:

I wish there were a 'like' button on comments in this forum.

There is! Here:

Try it! :hihi:

+1 for like-button... haha... :lol:

Well, I guess everything meaningful was said about participating in OSC. I´m going to shut up and choose my prize: EAReverb.

I really had no time to do comments on Soundcloud this month. So, sorry but Jasinski´s and Bzur´s entries were my favorites anyway! REALLY OUTSTANDING AND THEREFORE WELL DESERVED!!! :tu: :clap: :clap:

Hopefully, I´ll have enough time. I thought, I could do a short video with an overview of my track. What´s happening there and stuff like that... maybe some stuff could be usefull for some of you guys :?:
https://audile.shop - the quality controlled sound shop
http://bjulin.de

Bjulin wrote: Hopefully, I´ll have enough time. I thought, I could do a short video with an overview of my track. What´s happening there and stuff like that... maybe some stuff could be usefull for some of you guys :?:
That's kind of you!

Congrats to the winners!! :party: :tu:

It was a great and fun competition, thanks to the staff for the organization and thanks to all partecipants for the good music :)

chilledpanda wrote:Congratulations to the winners and everyone else participating, been interesting to see the variety of tracks on some of the synths ( ending up purchasing one ).
Curious which one?
Breeze wrote:A last point about all this to the organizers: congrats on keeping up this creative festival for so long! It takes an unusual level of commitment to do anything like this on an ongoing basis. I hope you won't give up any time soon and keep looking for better ways to run and foster this community.
Cheers for the nice comment :)

And about not having time to comment much on SoundCloud or whatever, don't mind that at all. As others have said, people put whatever they want in this competition; it's all good.

V'ger wrote:
chilledpanda wrote:Congratulations to the winners and everyone else participating, been interesting to see the variety of tracks on some of the synths ( ending up purchasing one ).
Curious which one?
Ah it was NI Monark, currently has 50%* off so that kinda swung it, good price (£44.50) for a pretty good emulation of a mmmd. Was some others that tweaked interest, plus some like diva/zebra2 which are already topping my list though I'm trying to resist for now, I want use the ones I have and there was a few free ones used that I haven't used, plus don't want to get into the syndrome of loads of toys that I don't use, its just wasting money, I got massive and linplugs octopus before xmas in the sale. So massive had it's first run out this time. I have plenty to play with, just not the time :cry:

*( ended 17th which was yesterday)
Last edited by chilledpanda on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congratulations to all the Zebras. :)

Hi Chilledpanda and everyone here!

I must confess after hearing the entries here i persued to go and buy Cobalt by Leslie Sanford...such a nice synth and a very helpful developer. What is Linplugs Octopus like? I am very curious on your opinions?

Regards

TB4C
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

bjporter wrote:
But I think the point of the OSC is not just competitive: there's a significant amount of camaraderie and sharing going on which is just phenomenal! I have to confess that I didn't participate in this aspect of it because of a lack of time. I'm not a committed soundcloud user and I never even left a single comment on anyone's track. I see now that this as much a part of the OSC as entering and winning prizes, and it's why I sadly won't be participating again any time soon.
Can you elaborate a bit more on the above quote though?
I really should have said "one of the reasons..." But I really got the feeling, based on comments thrown on my track, and listening and reading the comments on other tracks, that this was a significant part of the process. Despite the disclaimers, I still feel it's an important aspect of the OSC and probably ads a lot to the experience for many participants.

BTW, thanks for the nice words on my entry and the nice comments people left on Soundcloud; I was thinking "entertainment" at the time, and I'm glad it did what it was meant to do. :D

But like others, a much more serious bottom line for me is time; it's a considerable investment in time not only to produce the work, but also to seriously participate in the judging. Time is something I need to manage carefully; it turned out I had some down time to do this, and now things are already getting busy again. But "Never Say Never", right?

Breeze wrote: But like others, a much more serious bottom line for me is time; it's a considerable investment in time not only to produce the work, but also to seriously participate in the judging. Time is something I need to manage carefully; it turned out I had some down time to do this, and now things are already getting busy again. But "Never Say Never", right?
There's no community shaming here, or anything like that, so you'll never be required to judge or participate. You just need to make sure you get the rules right and submit on time.

So if you feel like you just want to jam out and submit that, do so, or whatever you need to do. :hug:

Return to “Instruments”