One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Submissions, Voting & Results

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

First of all, amazing system!! Really, BJ, congratulations: awesome, awesome work! :tu:

On the previous voting system, voters had to give themselves a "1". Now they simply have to put themselves on last place?

woops - double posted
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

animehaus wrote:First of all, amazing system!! Really, BJ, congratulations: awesome, awesome work! :tu:

On the previous voting system, voters had to give themselves a "1". Now they simply have to put themselves on last place?
Oh man you rock! Thanks for spotting this. Yeah I'll update the rules. Eventually you won't have to do this, but we're taking small baby steps :)

Just a reminder that the voting website does not use your KVRAudio login / password. It's a totally different system.

Hmmm, can't say I like the new system. Now I have to value each and every track over another while with the former system, if I thought two or more tracks were equal in quality, no problem,,just award them the same score. :? Trying to get used to the new one... :neutral:

ThePresent wrote:Hmmm, can't say I like the new system. Now I have to value each and every track over another while with the former system, if I thought two or more tracks were equal in quality, no problem,,just award them the same score. :? Trying to get used to the new one... :neutral:
Thanks for this info. The system in place is highly malleable, so we can always change things up. Bzur brought up something not too long ago - perhaps limit the stacking system where if there are 50 tracks, you only score 10. If there are 50-75, you score 15. That way you only put your top 10 / 15 / xyz tracks up, rather than having to do all of them.

Can voting privileges be extended to accounts which have been in existence for some time instead of going strictly by the number of posts?

I've been checking out KVR for years but only decided to create an account in 2012. I'm a very passive reader and almost never post but I would certainly like to participate in OSC and show my appreciation for the great productions in a voter capacity.

Please consider relaxing the rules.

wizetek wrote:Can voting privileges be extended to accounts which have been in existence for some time instead of going strictly by the number of posts?

I've been checking out KVR for years but only decided to create an account in 2012. I'm a very passive reader and almost never post but I would certainly like to participate in OSC and show my appreciation for the great productions in a voter capacity.

Please consider relaxing the rules.
We'll consider this, thanks :)

bjporter wrote:
ThePresent wrote:Hmmm, can't say I like the new system. Now I have to value each and every track over another while with the former system, if I thought two or more tracks were equal in quality, no problem,,just award them the same score. :? Trying to get used to the new one... :neutral:
Thanks for this info. The system in place is highly malleable, so we can always change things up. Bzur brought up something not too long ago - perhaps limit the stacking system where if there are 50 tracks, you only score 10. If there are 50-75, you score 15. That way you only put your top 10 / 15 / xyz tracks up, rather than having to do all of them.
Thinking about this some more... yeah, I think I agree. If you could automatically make the left side 20% of the amount of submitted tracks. So, like you said, when there are 50 submitted tracks, you need to make a top10.. when there are 60 submitted tracks, you need to make a top 12.. etc.. It would get my vote :wink:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

bjporter wrote:Thanks for this info. The system in place is highly malleable, so we can always change things up. Bzur brought up something not too long ago - perhaps limit the stacking system where if there are 50 tracks, you only score 10. If there are 50-75, you score 15. That way you only put your top 10 / 15 / xyz tracks up, rather than having to do all of them.
I don't know, I always get a little sad when seeing scoreboards from older OSC editions, with lots of tracks with zero points, because voters could only chose their top 5 at that time. It's not one of the most exciting things, psychologically speaking. :P

OSC 60 might not be the best OSC edition to evaluate the effectiveness of the stacking system, because of the huge amount of entries. Better wait a little bit more and see how the system will actually work out on "normal" OSC editions, so to speak.

Voted.
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

Voted.

I just want to say that being my first OSC, I am completely overwhelmed by number of entries and the quality and creativity of many of the offerings. Giving 70 odd pieces of music a thorough and honest comparative evaluation is no small exercise! ;) So they can be re-ordered once selected, right?

Breeze wrote:I just want to say that being my first OSC, I am completely overwhelmed by number of entries and the quality and creativity of many of the offerings. Giving 70 odd pieces of music a thorough and honest comparative evaluation is no small exercise! ;) So they can be re-ordered once selected, right?
Re-ordered, yes.

Voted.

Great OSC all! Lots of great submissions here!

Wish you all luck!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “Instruments”