Welcome to the KVR Developer Challenge 2014, the fifth free-for-all audio plug-in / audio application / soundware design event!
The "KVR Developer Challenge" is for anyone who develops Audio Plug-ins or Applications and Soundware. The challenge is to create and release a brand new free audio plug-in, application or sound library / pack / set that will benefit the community at large. Creativity is key, it can be as simple or as complex as you want - KVR members will vote on the entries and pick the eventual winner using whatever criteria they choose to. Anyone can make a donation via PayPal, the prize fund will be distributed to the eventual winners (details below).
Below you'll find the 37 entries for KVRDC14! 29 run on Windows, 9 on Mac OS X, 1 on Linux, 1 on iOS and 6 are Soundware for other products. Thank you and congratulations to all developers for getting your entries in.
Donate: Have you donated to the prize fund yet? Remember, if you enter, donate or vote you'll be in with a chance to win one or more of the extra prizes from the KVR DC sponsors listed at the bottom of this page!
KVR Developer Challenge 2014 Entries
Acon Digital Multiply is a versatile chorus effect with a unique twist. Each simulated voice is processed with a phase randomizing filter so that unpleasant comb filter effects are avoided. The effect can be used to simulate the effect of several performers playing the same tones simultaneously, to widen the spatial image or to create special effects for sound design. Multiply can simulate up to 6 additional voices and both the pitch and the loudness of the voices can be modulated. There is also an integrated equalizer consisting of low cut, low shelf, high shelf and high cut filters that can be applied to the effect signal. An integrated pre-delay section makes it possible to create modulated and diffuse echo effects.
Acon Digital Multiply is available free of charge for both Windows (PC) and OS X (Macintosh). Both 32 and 64-bit versions are available, and the plug-in formats VST, AAX and Audio Units (OS X only) are supported.
Nova-67P is a parallel parametric equalizer plugin combined with a compressor. The compressor can optionally operate in frequency dependent and split-band modes. In this case the plugin operates as a parallel dynamic equalizer.
- 5 bands parallel equalizer with auto-gain.
- Optional high-pass and low-pass filters.
- Full-band frequency dependent and/or split-band compression.
- Side-chain filtering and pre-emphasis.
- Third-octave real-time spectrum analysis down to 15 Hz.
- External side-chain support.
- 64-bit internal processing.
- Ascetic UI style.
by Ignite Amps
Amp Simulator, Amp Modeling, amplifier simulator, Distortion / Overdrive / Amp
The Emissary is a digital emulation of a custom dual channel guitar tube amplifier. It has been developed to accurately model its real hardware counterpart, built for Ryan Huthnance (The Seer / Gaped / Chrome Bison / Emissary Studios) by Ignite Amps, in 2014.
The Emissary is a no compromise custom amp built for the kill. Featuring a very versatile clean channel that ranges from pristine cleans to slightly overdriven tones and a mean lead channel designed for serious bone-crushing distortions, it offers a very wide tonal palette for the modern metal musician.
Every single component on the signal path of the real analog circuit has been taken into account and modeled in the best possible way to match the original sound, keeping an eye on CPU performance and real-time playability at the same time.
The plug-in GUI has been 3D modeled and rendered by Voger Design, in order to resemble the real amplifier as much as possible.
The Emissary is meant to be used as a virtual guitar amplifier for live playing and jamming, tracking or mixing inside hosts capable of VST or AU Plug-Ins support.
Guitar Amp Sim and FX Modeling, Distortion, Tube Preamp Simulator
Flextron is a virtual-analog guitar amp based on a concept of the hybrid guitar distortion pedal I've built for myself a while ago. The prototype pedal in its turn was based on two commercial tube emulation technologies – Flexwave by Crate and Cooltron by VOX. This combination was discovered by accident when I was repairing my bandmate's VOX Bulldog distortion pedal. I didn't like the Bulldog that much, however I got interested in its low-voltage tube design so I assembled a copy on a test bench. On its own it has provided very little overdrive, just as expected, but when combined with the Crate Flexwave preamp (my favorite solid-state distortion) it has completed its already great tone, giving it more fullness and presence. I've used this arrangement for rehearsals and some gigs and got complemented for the tone.
Flextron goes a step further and accurately models a range of Crate solid-state amps powered by the Flexwave circuit. Every stage of the preamp signal path is carefully analyzed and modeled with the same attention to details as my previous SoftDrive GV and SoftAmp FM25 plugins.
The Flexwave amp design has evolved over the years. I counted 6 different variations. After careful analysis, I've narrowed down the scope to 3 models. The one I've played with was made in the late 90's and I think it's ahead of the pack. However in 2000's they have changed the gain channel structure significantly and after some consideration I've decided to model all three.
The Cooltron circuit in its turn stayed the same across their pedal range. I've tried a couple of different approaches to modeling it before settling on the final one. Since I've had a real physical implementation at my disposal I was able to successfully verify the accuracy of the digital model.
Interestingly, both Flexwave and Cooltron follow exactly the same idea – they essentially are an asymmetric clipping stage biased by the low-passed feedback signal. Having made my own SoftAmp 3OD model I can say that this is exactly how a real guitar amp triode stage works. The main difference is that Cooltron uses a 12AU7 tube running on 6V anode voltage for the authentic tube waveshaping, while Flexwave relies on an asymmetrically configured "rubber diode" pair to achieve the same effect.
In addition to the fully featured 3-channel preamp and a tube saturation stage, Flextron offers a dual-mode stereo reverb (algorithmic and convolution-based), a speaker simulator with two cabinet models and an ambience control (intended mainly for practising in headphones), a switchable order oversampling and a set of visualization instruments, such as an EQ curve plot and stage bias meters.
Just as with my previous plugins, every single control is remapped to produce linear response on a dB scale.
Additional details can be found in the bundled manual.
- Lokomotiv is a software synthesizer for both Windows and Mac.
"Lokomotiv is designed to make your sounds more powerful and create wide range of sounds way easier."
- Mathematically generated high definition Oscillator without using wavetable or interpolation.
- Silky smooth 9 X detuned sawtooth wave.
- Pulse wave with self PWM.
- Shape morphing sub oscillator.
- MG ladder modeling multimode filter featured Zero Delay Feedback technology.
- Routable filter Drive. (Pre / Post).
- Natural Curved ADSR Envelope generator.
- Oneshot LFO which can be used as envelope.
- 1 X OSC (Saw+ Pulse) + 1 Sub OSC. Noise Generator.
- 1 X multimode Filter with Drive.
- 1 X LFO, 1 X Envelop Generator.
- 8 polyphonic voices, Mono and Legato mode supported.
- 64 Factory preset included.
- Native 64-bit, Mac and Windows OS supported.
- ONLY Factory presets of Lokomotiv and automation used.
- NO EFFECTS (internal, external or master) at all.
- Maximum 2 instances used at once.
Guitar Gadgets is a compilation of "false" analog guitar pedal simulations, made to be used mainly with electric guitars and guitar amp simulations, but which may be sound interesting in any situation. The focus here wasn't to design classic effects, but weird, strange, ugly or "different" ones instead. The effects included are the following:
- Delay Attack: a delay effect which can be controlled by the way you attack the guitar strings.
- Super Phazor: a phaser effect with a feedback control.
- Niagara Falls: a bathroom / cathedral / Niagara Falls - like reverberation effect.
- The Crusher: an effect which brings only destruction and annihilation.
- Larsenator: a false larsen generator thanks to distortion and feedback.
- Combulator: a modulated comb filter effect.
- Miaou Miaou pedal: it's like a Wah Wah pedal, but it does "Miaou Miaou" instead.
- Microcassette: one particular tape recorder emulation, going a little too far maybe.
- Slicer: an effect which slices the sound from the guitar at any specified rate.
- Filtrator: a filter pedal effect like, based on the EMS VCS3 analog filter.
- Convolutor: a gadget to convolute weird sounds.
There is also a surprise somewhere (see the official thread on KVR forums for that !), some shiny animations, and a lot of fun I hope. Indeed, I tried to develop effects that are really amusing to use, and give sounds you don't often hear from your playing.
Guitar Gadgets is available on VST and AU formats (32/64-bits, Windows & Mac OS X).
Mastering Equalizer, Analog Emulation, EQ, Equalizer, High Pass, Mid-Side EQ
Toned is a specialized tone shaping plugin with analog modeling. It is designed primarily for use in the mastering process or on two-track audio busses. Toned uses two distinct equalization processes: a three-band tone-shaping matrix, and a specially designed high pass (HP) filter.
The three-band tone-shaping matrix uses a crossover-style filter bank of first-order filters (-6dB per octave). This type of equalization produces very gentle and broad filtering, with minimal alteration of phase. Very wide boosts and cuts can be accomplished while still sounding natural. This style of equalization also mimics some of the interactions between frequency bands that are commonly found in passive analog EQs and analog tone controls. The tone-shaping matrix can be applied to stereo channels, or specifically to the mid or side channel. Additionally, Toned can be switched to use a two-band matrix.
The HP filter is specifically designed for accurately adjusting the low/sub bass energy. The filter has selectable Q and roll-off. The scale of the HP controls is specific to low bass, and ranges from 10 Hz to 50 Hz (with accuracy to 0.01 Hz). Just like the tone controls, the HP filter can be applied to the stereo channels, or specifically target the mid or side channel.
In addition to all of the tone and HP filter controls, Toned also includes an analog modeling engine to simulate the sound of hardware devices. The Toned analog sound consists of numerous parameters to simulate the unique frequency characteristics, saturation, self-noise, and other nuances of high-quality analog equipment. There is also a feedback control to simulate the effect of using negative feedback within an analog amplifier path.
Toned also includes many standard LVC-Audio features. This includes:
- Delay and phase compensated mix control.
- Adjustable input and output metering with peak and loudness meters.
- Internal 64-bit precision with 2x fixed oversampling rate.
- Knob controllers with fine- and superfine- control, and built-in A-B comparison.
System Requirements and Specifications:
Windows: VST and VST3 plugin formats. Toned requires Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machines with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later).
OS X: AU, VST, and VST3 plugin formats. Toned requires OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel Core2Duo processor (or better).
Strum is Karplus-Strong synth, written completely in assembly. Very simple and clean UI with visual feedback of used/unused features for easy overview.
Two different and independent string generators for more variety of sounds, with own feedback, string length, attack/decay envelope and vibrato settings. First OSC is trying to simulate basic characteristics of four basic string types - nylon, bronze, steel and flatwound. Second generator uses basic shapes - sine, saw, triangle and square with additional options to tweak (tension & position).
Both generators share the same amp envelope, tremolo, timbre feedback settings and multi mode filter (lowpass, bandpass, highpass, bandreject, peak, Chamberlin lowpass, bandpass, highpass, peak, zOne lowpass, bandpass, highpass, peak, 303 lowpass, highpass and resonant filter). One LFO for cutoff modulation with 17 different shapes (Sine, Saw, Triangle, Ramp, Square and 4 of each based on Lorenz, Rosler and Ikeda attractors.
Delay, chorus and reverb module and simple soft knee limiter.
ReFine is a plugin that allows to add a final polishing to your tracks, busses and masters. It extracts psycho-acoustic parameters from the source and thus allows to add warmth, space and punch to your mixes. This is done level dependent and rather subtle; you probably won't be able to create heavy distortion effects with this plugin.
- 1.0.5: fixed CPU issue in Cubase during silence.
- 1.0.3: added support for older VST hosts on Windows, OS X 10.6 support.
- 1.0.2: fixed denormalisation bug.
- 1.0.1: fixed high CPU bug (appeared when silence was put in after a signal).
Lucid is a Subtractive Synth that combines Waveshaping with FM and Morphing.
- 3 Oscillators with one waveshaper each.
- 3 different FM modes (Algorithms).
- 4 different Osc combination modes. Mix, Morph, Meld and Vertical Morph.
- 1 ZDF Filter with 6 different modes.
- 3 LFOs with Audio rate modes of which two can be waveshaped.
- 2 ADSRs with adjustable slopes, Velocity control, randomization and Keytracking.
- 1 Polyphonic distortion (waveshaper).
- 1 Delay that can be modulated.
- 1 Reverb.
- 1 Randomizer, key triggered or run by LFO3.
- 384 presets.
This plug-in allows you to design your own equalizer by acting on parameters that change the curves behavior.
- Double precision filters.
- Automatic band width correction at Nyquist frequency when working below 48 kHz.
- Two GUI modes: really simple or highly editable.
- Integrated help window.
- Some presets based on classic gear.
- Two saturation modes: Soft clip (only odd harmonics) and Tube (even and odd harmonics).
Paraphrasis is an Open Source spectral resynthesis synthesizer which can model any sound with only one sonic sample. It is based on modified Loris - an Open Source sound modeling and processing software package - and JUCE.
Only two parameters are needed:
- frequency pitch of a sample.
- frequency resolution of spectral analysis.
Paraphrasis has a 16 voice polyphony and has a "Reverse" option to analyse the sample backward so it is synthesised reversed as well.
Note: Currently only mono sounds can be handled - the stereo input is automatically converted into mono.
- Fixed: Sound glitches when playing note repetitively (partials missing)
- Fixed: When note is finished (sample is done) CPU went high - MainStage
- Fixed: Reverse button position
- Fixed: Reverse button and status LED synchronisation
- Fixed: CPU went high when long sample was loaded and note was triggered.
- Fixed: plugin did not load on some Win Hosts
- Fixed: VST3 version did not clean buffer before synthesising new samples.
EpiCentre is a Distortion/FSU effect designed with minimal controls, to get fast and dirty results:
- 25x Distortion/FSU/Filter Effects.
- Mix Control.
- Gain Control.
- Low & High Tilt Filters.
Custom coded in C++, oversampled where useful, SSE2 optimizations of some critical code and ZDF filters for smooth modulation. GUI by Sebastian Heemsath aka Halma.
NanoMod 8-bit is a simple but versatile Kontakt synthesiser based on vintage 8-bit polysynths, featuring an "intelligent" interface that allows the user to adjust multiple parameters with single controls. It is offered as part of the KVR Developers' Challenge 2014.
NanoMod 8-bit brings the simplicity of Rhythmic Robot's NanoMod interface to bear on the crusty, gritty, aliased sounds of classic 8-bit synthesisers of the early to mid 80s. Using source waves taken from vintage Ensoniq hardware and a front-end incorporating convolved Wasp and MS20 filters, this NanoMod is aimed squarely at big, powerful polysynth sounds – everything from warm and evolving pads to screaming leads.
The wave blend dial to the left of the panel shifts between the two raw waveforms at the heart of the NanoMod, both of which were sampled from vintage 8-bit Ensoniq synths. One is a rough, aggressive sawtooth-based tone, with two detuned saws added to a pulse-width modulated pulse wave for a shifting and thick sound with a lot of harmonics for the filters to bite into. This is intended as a very versatile "classic" synth sound, though with the inevitable artefacts and distortions of the 8-bit resolution clearly evident. The second wave is a shiny, breathy, noise-rich digital wave very typical of early 80s digital synthesisers, which lends sheen and aliasing noise to the mix. Intermediate positions on the dial blend these two waves, yielding a wide range of starting points for all kinds of synth tones.
These starting points can then be sculpted with the set of "intelligent" controls, which adjust multiple parameters behind the scenes. The Grit Filter pushes the raw sound through convolved vintage filters sampled from Wasp and MS20 circuitry, while the Smooth Filter allows for sweeps and more precise adjustments. Glow and Shimmer add movement to the sound, while Warmth adds analogue-style instability. The Glitch button musically randomises all the controls for instant inspiration and patch generation, with its intelligent algorithm biasing it towards musically useful results. Any patch you create can of course be saved.
NanoMods are all about simplicity and fun, and NanoMod 8-bit continues the tradition. It is capable of generating thousands of unique patches with a handful of intelligent controls, and best of all, it's absolutely free.
NanoMod 8-bit requires Kontakt v4.2.3 or later to run. It's compatible with all versions of Kontakt 5. More information is at Rhythmic Robot.
blewm for Windows.
Further description has been withheld by the developer in order to reduce presupposition. Awareness of this product's function and features can be safely limited to what renown it finds and curiosity.
Rez3 is a Resonator FX VST plugin, it offers a multi LFO with 6 different waveforms and an envelope follower to modulate tone, feedback, filter cutoff and filter resonance.
Further it provides 6 independent resonator voices where the first of it is the master and all others can be detuned to the master note, each voice is also equipped with a pan slider and a range button which you can use to set the detune range between one octave and one semitone.
The built in keyboard allows you to play notes directly or you can use your host sequencer or MIDI keyboard to play notes.
Rez3 is a free VST plugin and comes with 32 Presets.
Brakeback Mangler is an audio mangler for tapestop/reverse/delay effects.
It includes a tape-stop effect, a reverse playback unit, an instant non-stop reverse sound faker and a stereo delay with filter, overdrive and forward/backward/pingpong/panner extras.
The effects are connected in row, so the tape stop or backwards effect is send thru the delay. As the delay has it's own bw-fw mode, interesting mixtures can be achieved. When delay feedback is zero, in bw-fw mode with mix to full fx only the backwards delay is present, which is then a mangled forward sound if the FAKER or BACK is on...
- knobs function is now toggle instead of momentary
- backwards play knob will switch off after play finished if MIX is not set rightmost.
by Solcito Música
Synth Arpeggios, Analog, Arpeggiator, Arpeggios, Bass, Bass Synth, FM lead, FM leads, FM Oscillator, FM Synth, FM Synthesiser, FX Noise, fx sounds, Lead Synth, Pattern arpeggiator, Solo, Solo Leads, Synth Leads, Virtual analog subtractive synth, Virtual Analog Synthesizer
Crio is a virtual analog/FM synthesizer to make arpeggios, bass, solos, leads, FX-style sounds. The aim was to make an instrument with minimal controls and maximum functionality, to be used at studio or live, with facilities to drastically modify the sounds on the fly, while playing.
The LFO has special functions for rhythmic uses, such as quantization of waveforms synchronized with tempo. If the user applies tone modulation from the LFO with quantization, the resulting tones are forced to a scale, like an autotuner. An interesting result occurs when the noise wave is selected in the LFO.
The modulation wheel can be linked to the overall function of the LFO. Therefore, the user must use that wheel to check the importance of the sound modifications that can be done. For example, when applied quantized tone modulation from LFO, the player can use the modulation wheel to add automatic variations when playing a solo.
- 1 monophonic oscillator with noise generator and 3 voices, including sub oscillator.
- 1 LFO with functions of wave quantization and tempo synchronization.
- 2 filters: typical state variable filter and comb filter.
- 1 envelope generator.
- 1 amplifier with booster and saturation.
- slide tone control that applies to keyboard and tone modulation from LFO.
- MIDI learn in most of the controls.
New at version 1.02: Improved the "boost" function of the amplifier, so the overall sound is a bit louder either that function is On or Off.
fa FractionalDelay is a completely free phase alignment and time manipulation effect plugin. It uses an oversampling and interpolation algorithm to apply signal delays with a precision of 0.000001 Samples. With this possibility it does phase alignments between microphone signals even with varying microphone or sound source distances during the recording. It gives you the ability to improve your post-production of live/studio recordings when moving musicians or microphones can complicate phase relations. In that case, use your DAW automation to smoothly fade between single delay amounts.
Nevertheless, with a correct DAW routing and multiple instances of fa FractionalDelay, you can also apply stereo effects like moving haas delays, create colorful filter textures like a moving comb filter (similar to a really slow phaser effect) or do manual artificial double tracking with varying delays.
The plugin user interface is specially designed to quickly find and compare the right delay value. Therefore, you're able to determine the applied delay in samples, milliseconds, meter and foot. For quick setting comparisons use the A/B Switch and if you want to have fine adjustments the Min-Max-Editfields let you change the control range of the delay knob.
Remember: This is NOT a regular delay effect with several duplicates of an original signal. It's a phase alignment tool which also needs to be applied on different tracks with an existing phase relation. If you apply it to a mixdown or on tracks without phase relation you will hear NO AUDIBLE DIFFERENCE. A tutorial video on using fa FractionalDelay will be published in mid-August to show the right usage of this plugin:
- Signal delaying with a precision of 0.000001 Samples (Maximum of 100,000 Samples).
- Phase alignment of varying microphone distances via DAW automation.
- Oversampling with 2x-8x.
- A/B comparisons.
- Enter delay values in samples, ms, meter & foot.
- Editable Min-Max-Values of the Delayknob.
- Unique flexible user interface.
- Available as VST 2 for Windows (VST/AU for Mac currently in development).
Dynamic Frequency Limiter is a combination of a band- peakfilter / compressor / limiter / transient designer.
The plugin scans a frequency region in the spectrum to find the dB level of this region and use it to dynamically control the volume of the same or another frequency region either (sidechained) ducking, compressing, limiting, enhance transients or everything together at the same time.
In comparison to normal compressors/limiters, which compress the whole signal or a wide band, this compressor uses biquad filters to apply the gain reduction/addition needed even if the bandwidth is just a single frequency (e.g. using it as a feedback destroyer).
The GUI is straight forward and what you see is what you get. Having learned from the former DC, I tried to keep this plugin dead simple so everybody can understand it.
The cutoff frequency and bandwidth of both the scanning of a region and the alteration of a region can be independently controlled or linked together.
The compression part of the plugin contains all the normal controls for a compressor: threshold, ratio, attack, decay, gain, which meaning should be known to all. Though, the threshold is applied to a band-filtered signal, reading the amplitude of only that frequency region. Then goes through a delay, envelope follower and clipper to calculate the gain reduction, which is then applied to a biquad peak filter. Also, the gain is not applied to the whole signal, but is added to the peak-filter's gain. Using the make-up gain (adds the inverted threshold dB to the gain) or gain knob a sustain function for a certain frequency region is created. Using short attack&release values this can make up some wild, dynamic distortions.
Using the transient knob, the attack stage becomes a transient designer. This part isn't delayed by the envelope-delay. So combining these can create a LOT of punch! Also adding boost and grid when using the plugin as a distortion.
Using the exaggerate button, the compressor ratio is multiplied by 2, creating a ducking effect when the signal surpasses the threshold amount. Combined with the transient knob, this allows for fully accentuating drum punch/hit while ducking the sustain part at the same time.
A delay on the envelope allows you to delay the gain reduction, to allow the passage of a short burst of sound before the compression kicks in.
The internal routing ends with a simple hard limiter to protect your dear speakers. Only the release time can be adjusted and the threshold is 0dB (maximum loudness)
Uses can be:
- Removing (compressing/limiting) annoying peaks in a certain frequency region without altering the volume of other regions in the spectrum.
- Feedback destroyer.
- Creating peak-controlled resonances.
- Shaping the overall envelope of sounds (excellent on both drums and synthesizers).
- Leaving a frequency region through, while blocking another.
- On short attack/decay times, all kinds of (very nasty) shapable distortions can be created. Combined with the sidechain functionality this can create lots of interesting effects.
- Maximizing loudness/sustain of a frequency region.
- Overall soundsculpting.
- Sidechaining by another channel to induce sound effects ranging from simple compressing/ducking, resonating, expanding frequency regions, dynamic distortions to audiorate AM modulation.
The sidechain switch wasn't functioning yet, do to wrong internal values. This is fixed in the V1.1 version.
V1.11 has it's knobs changed from rotary mouse-control to horizontal mouse control.
Time Stretch, Evolving drones and rhythms, Pads textures soundfx, Textures Soundscapes and deep emotional pads
Instretch is an instant extreme time stretcher. It will record audio for up to 30 seconds and then play it back up to 100 times slower with selectable pitch. Also manual "riding" thru the sample with endless hold of a grain is possible.
Please read the included README .
Regen is at its heart a looper plugin (a la Frippertronics) that is well suited for ambient/textural/soundscape type layering. It can be a simple looper but also offers deeper dive controls to modify playback of recorded material.
It features four independent loopers ("tracks") that are built up from individually recorded audio segments ("layers"). Recorded material in the layers and tracks can be manipulated (playback rate, direction, blend, pan, level, start offset) post-recording for creative playback. Regen accepts stereo input and supports up to 4 stereo outputs. Regen allows Undo and Redo of recorded material and supports control via MIDI.
Mormox Imitate by easytoolz.de is an "Emulation" of a very new hardware-synth from Greece, called "Murmux Initate". And it has a very "simple" structure at original: 2 Oscillators with 2 waves (Saw and Pulse) with Subosc, Lowpass-Filter, simple LFO, 2 Envelopes (one AD, one ADSR)... that's all.
My "Emu" has some extra Features, indeed, I have tried to receive the brilliantly easy
- 2 OSC with Saw and Pulse, 2 Octave Tuner-knobs and FM-Modulation (Osc1 > Cutoff).
- Sub-oscillator (one Octave lower as Osc1) with Pulsewave.
- Combined Lowpass-Bandpass-Filter with Cutoff and Resonance and ADSR EG.
- LFO with Rate and Depth Pots for Oscillator or Cutoff Modulations.
- Special ADSR EG with embedded LFO/Loop (Ramp and S/H waves), the Sustain-pot regulates the intensity. Targets are the Amplifier, Oscillator Tuning or Cutoff .
- Delay section with Pan-LFO > Glide and > warm Shaper/Overdrive.
- Monophonic and only 18 Patches at moment, Sorry but my time did not reach for more.
Maybe at an Update after the DC ;)
Update to V 1.1: MIDI Controller inserted.
Update to V 1.11: Little Bug fix (Glide-Poti fixed) and little GUI (Big Potis)
There are 3 Banks with 32 New Patches each available.
from the famous Patchdesigners Kujashi aka Schiffbauer, Subderground, .
ynx and the Original-bank from NEK-X (with some new Patches, too ;-))
MANY THANKS !!
A total of 128 sounds ! Hope You enjoy it ....
Mate is a hands-on, simple desktop musicians friend, inspired by synthesizers of the seventies and eighties. It produces original synth tones and reproduces strings, pianos, basses, organs and bells patches with ease, but it can also explore wild and spacey atmos using its flexible modulation options and smart programming.
- 32-bit ultra-optimized code, zero latency, samplerate independent engine.
- All sample rates supported.
- Each control is fully recordable and automatable in host.
- Most knobs & switches receive external MIDI control changes.
From a few simple elements complexity can arise. Fifth Degree is a MIDI sequencer based on a simple concept: loop around the musical circle of fifths in key and tweak the performance parameters live. You can use it to create a mesmerising loop and change the way it plays or use it as a base while you improvise alongside it with another instrument. You can even use it as a convenient loop of notes while you try out different sound patches on your synthesiser.
- Lean user interface that gathers the essential performance controls on the main screen.
- Fixed sequence of notes (ascending circle of fifths).
- Outputs to CoreMIDI output ports (virtual, network and physical).
- Keeps sending MIDI while in the background.
- Can send MIDI notes and MIDI clock, so other apps can choose to synchronise.
Fifth Degree is a MIDI sequencer app supporting any CoreMIDI output: virtual MIDI, MIDI over Wi-Fi and CoreMIDI compatible hardware interfaces. Since it is a sequencer it does not generate sounds on its own, so use it with your favourite CoreMIDI-compatible sound generation app or hardware.
Fifth Degree uses the MIDIBus library from Audeonic.
Carefully programmed set of 64 quality presets, designed for performance and soundtrack. Each of them is very responsive for MIDI informations such as velocity and ModWheel. Some of the patches included are already award winners of the Bazille Patch Competitions provided by u-he (Penizille, Land of Bazille, 6th Element). Made with joy... :)
Bazille is an incredible, top-class, modular style softsynth made by u-he, the company behind some market leading software synthesizers like Zebra2, ACE and Diva.
The public beta version of Bazille is still available as free download till the end of August here.
The ADD-one is a real nice little gem. Basically it is a drum machine from the 80s containing ROM samples from different drum sounds. With the help of an external disk drive users can also record their own samples. But the most interesting part is the engine behind the 12 bit converters. Analog envelopes and analog filters are used for the signal path and features like LFO and auxiliary envelopes give many possibilities to sculpt the sound of the waveform.
This unique drum machine is actually not as famous as many of its counterparts but it's getting more popular thanks to praising reviews recently published on the web.
Maybe because this piece of gear is a hard to find obscurity, there is not one sample pack dedicated to this instrument. Well, until now.
With this sample pack we present you the first drum collection exclusively made with the ADD-one. Everything is recorded directly from the output in 24-bit and 44.1 kHz. We extensively made use of the synthesis engine, the filters or the possibility to layer samples.
This package contains 420 WAV-files located in two folders.
The 4 Velocities folder contains samples recorded with four different velocities. The samples with the 1 at the end are recorded with the lowest velocity whereas the samples indicated with a 4 at the end were done with the max velocity. The numbers 2 and 3 are the velocities between as you can guess ;)
The One-Shots folder contains a nice collection of one-shot samples. We got kicks, snares, cymbals & hats, claps, percussion, toms and sounds we labeled sounds/FX. Some of them can be used together, they are the same sound treated with different pitches, envelope or filter settings. The file names and the numbers should indicate which samples belong together. (To be honest, we finished this pack on the last minute so maybe the names and numbers are a little bit chaotic. So we are!)
We hope you enjoy our work. Use these samples for your new beats and fresh tunes.
Abstract Grooves 2 is an element loop collection made mainly out of granular samples using Native Instrument's latest Kontakt Sampler.
Every loop was recorded in 24-bit/44.1kHz and sliced in the Kontakt Sampler to use them in your tracks.
Add your own kicks, snares or claps to the loops without changing the loop itself, this is possible because we left the space free in the element loops.
To make the package complete, we made 75 Multis. Multis are layered Loops using the engine from the Kontakt Sampler by adding different effects.
- 150 Main Element Loops + variations (WAV Format).
- 75 Multis.
- Native Instrument's Kontakt Sampler 5.3.137.
Finding samples ain't easy. This tool makes it a bit easier. Zoundle is a tool that takes the search of samples on freesound.org straight into your DAW.
It lets you search in simple mode, but it also let you go down and deep into the search process and specify things such as:
- Bit rate.
- Bit depth.
- Sample rate.
- File format.
- and more...
It lets you list files regards to:
- Creation date.
- and more...
It lets you search in:
- and more...
This plugin comes with 100 different presets covering several search methods.
Once the search parameters has been specified, the plugin launches the search in your Internet browser with your specified parameters.
by WNP Sounds
Loops, Acoustic Drum Loops, Construction Kits, Hip-Hop Drum Loops, Orchestral Loops
Soundware for: WAV
- 2 Orchestral kit.
- 2 Hip-Hop Construction Kits.
- 15 Drum Sound 120 BPM.
- 20 Hip-Hop 100 BPM drum.
- 14 Loops bonus.
Alternative link - WeTransfer
Doctor Doubledrop Free Sample Pack
by Doctor Doubledrop
psytrance, Downlifter, FX Hits, FX Samples, fx sounds, psytrance bass, Trance bass, Uplifter
Soundware for: Kontakt, NKI, sfz, WAV, WAV 24-Bit
Doctor Doubledrop Free Sample Pack contains over 1GB of WAV format FX samples, which are divided into one shot FX, uplifter FX and downlifter FX for any EDM style; plus a psytrance bass preset for Native Instrument Kontakt 5.
- 332 One shot FX- (Wav).
- 90 Uplifter FX - (Wav).
- 72 Downlifter FX - (Wav).
- 1 Psybass - (Wav-Nki-Sfz).
MeekPro takes a stab at capturing the spirit and tones of the 50s, that's open to debate. The added feature that you will not hear on Joe Meek's recordings will be the dirt from the equipment. So I decided to put dirt in there with nice eq to capture that meek tone. The dirt is easy to control, as Joe made it seem so, enjoy.
Guitars scream and drums are amped up.
by Midi Mobiles
Sampler (Loop Tool / Slicer), Audio Recorder, BPM sync, FX Engine, Glitcher, Groove Player, midi loop extractor, Multi Channel, Multi Effect, Multi-Sampled, sample instrument, Sample Looper, Tempo Finder
EcolooP is a sampler tool that integrated some originals functions for recreating a new loop, pattern or song by recycling recorded sounds or by importing custom waves file or sliced wave files (EcoWav). Allowing to create or open Pre-existent instruments. There's an administrator note mode with different possibilities to locking up sound.
A loop generator allowing to calculate tempo loop and save the informations in text files with time segments annexed to sounds files and save different data parameters for a sound...
I shall speak about it with more ample details soon.
P.S: A lot of sound files compatible with EcolooP already exist and EcolooP soundbank can be easily open for playing music with them...
Some video tutorial and documentation should follow.
The Midimobile blog is in the course of translation for Anglophiles user.
Check to my blog for download soundbanks and instructions for EcolooP.
Now, you can download the User Manual for EcolooP_Island 1.9
And another Quick getting start for how load and play a sound.
you could also download the EcolooPStartKit for A fast handling of the soft with samples for EcolooP Inside.
- Remove of the Patch button reset at launch and new .fxp, .fxb.
- More 'Hint' in controls.
- Reframing of the advertisement message in 'panel rec' press.
Update 1.926 :
- Improvement to the reset of pitchbends (Update Eco Sample).
- Fix on the bug concerning the .txt creation file and the imprint tempo.
Update 1.927 :
- Fix bug when you load .fxp, .fxb files.
- Good parameters values when you launch the plugins in slot 7.
- Improvment at the yellow slider (can disappaer in extreme right).
Update 1.928 :
- Fix bug to Load 'link delay' n°4.
- Fix bug to the 16th slot in reverse mode play looped.
- Functions 'Import sample parameters' et 'Export sample parameters' are now operational for VibratoR and TremoleX (Management of all the parameters).
- Improvement of the reset functions for TremoleX and VibratoR modules.
Update 1.929 :
- Revision of the internal core.
- Improvements of delay modules (fewer crackles when we move controls).
- Optimisation CPU / PERFORMANCES.
- Optimisation to improve the CPU consumption when the EcolooP is launched (less risk of crash).
Update 1.930 :
- Correction of triggers in the list 'menu'.
- Revision of ' Data sample parameters ' and reduction of the internal assembly.
- Remove of 'Load All Data Sample Parameter' (too heavy).
- Blocking of the files creation (.sam/.ads) at the launch of the plugins.
- Reset sample parameter puts 0 on ' to Master'.
Update 1.931 :
- Correction of the segment list view and the entry of the emprint tempo.
Update 1.932 :
- Optimization of the initials parameters.
Update 1.933 :
- Correction .ads files for the vibratoR (bypass and waveform).
- Updating of the segments list by pressing on ' add '
* If you do not manage to write data with 'Add', press before on 'Write information' to free the list (it's a security).
Update 1.934 :
- Logo.png is now attached in the EcolooP repertory (use this image to illustrate your soundbanks in background).
- Improvement of the interaction of buttons pad (The poly mode don't have to change the number slot selection of the sample).
- initialization of 'click' mode ready to play when this option is enable.
- Fix bug at the internal audio recording. Error of connection solved.
Update 1.935 :
- Fix bug on the ' loads ' of some samples paramèters (.sam & .ads).
- Improvement of the reset of menu.
Thank you for your interest brought to MIDImobiles plugins.
Alphabeat is a 16-step sequencer with built in samples ready to use, and customizable with your own samples - WAVE/AIFF/MP3 file types.
Built-in Frequency filter, Reverb, Delay and Compressors with DSP Scripting from Software Designer and MAX/MSP contributor.
The Rewire should be OK, but there's been an issue with several DAWs. Although the standalone mode would give you satisfaction.
This is Lite, and built specially for KVR Audio Challenge 2014.
StepFilterDC2014 is a filter effect VST plug-in for Windows.
X3 MIDI is a virtual analog synthesizer to emulate acoustic instruments and allow creation of infinite sounds.
To use X3MIDI you will need to test first the built in presets, you will need to use the VU meter indicate -10db any time you play so if you like to design your sounds it's the only restriction.
It is designed for musicians of all instruments, they can discover aspects they do not usually approach and "transform an instrument to another, " flute to cello, clarinet to piano, etc., never far to another or two.
"Only fresh wave", no LFO, only shapes and range, a sinusoidal sound beyond all the acoustic parameters reduced to the phase and the note length for repaint the sound image of the instruments.
We do not yet know if it is capable of doing all the orchestra but it's made as it was intended at this performance.
"the controls stay below the interface, not the old analog with scientific words."
More at x3midi.com.
We released new user manuals and new presets at strainwave
15 .08 .14 : X3 IS UPDATED.
Presets are old, now you can add new sound packs.
at kvr "banks & patches"
Strainwave latest sound pack : X3midi ACOUSTIC PACK.
acoustic : Pianos, harpsichord, Altowood2, Altochords, .
Nylonguit, Stringharp, keyboards.
fxp pack2 include new synths, organs, ambient, other keyboards, .
pack 1 included :
18 presets 4 pianos, 4 synth, 4 winds, 4 woods, plus 2 others insts.
This plugin was created with free version of "SynthEdit", .
"obviously a design interface also exists".
BoostComp is a Waveshaper, that can be use for distortion, boosting and compressing an input stereo signal. The source code can be downloaded from here.
Advanced Audio + Application Exchange
New this year is a grand prize from KVR Audio and A3E (Advanced Audio + Application Exchange). The winning developer will have the opportunity to present their entry at the A3E show in Boston, September 23-24, 2014!
The winning developer will be provided with transportation to Boston, two nights stay at one of the A3E host hotels for the nights of Monday, September 22 and Tuesday, September 23, 2014. The winner will also receive a complimentary A3E Audio Developer Conference pass, special recognition on the A3E website and at the A3E event in Boston, as well as a dedicated announcement and press release to A3E's global industry communities.
Visit the "DC Chat" Forum
Thanks to all these developers for donating even more prizes. We'll announce who gets what nearer the prize giving time - it could be you!
If you enter, donate or vote you'll be in with a chance to win one or more of these extra prizes!
Rules, Information, Guidelines, etc.
Any operating system, any plug-in format, a stand-alone application, a sound library - anything that will assist in music making goes! You have four months to get it together - submissions will end on July 31st, 2014. They will all then be hosted for download on the KVR server and released "AT ONCE" for public appraisal and voting!
Although anything goes, you should consider how to appeal to the largest market - things such as open source or being multi-platform may garner a bigger audience, and consequently more votes. This is your call though. Whatever you are comfortable with!
- Anyone may enter.
- Your entry must be an original creation made by you (your team / crew / company / family). Of course you may reuse code / modules / development frameworks, but the actual plug-in / application / sound library should be a new, original creation, not just an obviously cut-down subset of a program you have already written.
- Your entry must not break any copyright rules or license agreements - if your entry uses GPL code then your code should adhere to any restrictions imposed by this, for example.
- Your entry must not be restricted in any way that could make it appear to be a demo / trial version for a subsequent "full" release. i.e. It must not be save-disabled or beep every few seconds or nag the user to donate / pay, etc. Your entry should be fully functioning and remain fully functioning forever.
- Your entry may support any operating system(s) in general use for making music: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS or Android.
- Your entry may support any plug-in format, or be a stand alone application / utility, or be a sound / sample library.
- You may use any programming language or development environment (e.g. programming languages such as C++, Delphi, Java, etc. or any of the myriad development applications such as SynthEdit, SynthMaker, Max, etc.).
- Design and testing must be done in private - public beta testing is not allowed as this may affect the voting process.
- During the voting period you may update your entry but updates must be bug fixes ONLY. You are NOT allowed to add new features or rework existing ones during the voting period.
- You grant KVRaudio.com the permission to distribute your entry for download via our server from August 1st, 2014, onwards.
- You grant KVRaudio.com the permission to act on your behalf, without monetary involvement, for your entry to be published and/or publicized in/on written publications with or without accompanied media such as CDs and DVDs, as well as online publications. You may choose to opt out via a written (email) disapproval of such permission at the time of your entry. KVRaudio.com will not seek or make attempts at financial gain by promoting your entries on written or online publications.
How To Enter:
- To enter you will need a KVR Developer Account [get one here - it's free]. If you already manage your products and submit news directly at KVR, you will already have one.
- Access the Developer Control area and add your entry as a new product but remember to also set the KVRDC14 flag. Anything flagged as KVRDC14 will NOT be made live on KVR until the KVRDC14 go live date of August, 2014.
- KVR Members will vote for their favourite entries between August 1st-25th, 2014. Depending on the amount of submissions, the voting period (and consequently the winner announcement date) may be extended for another week or so. All KVR members will be eligible to vote although we may instigate some restrictions at the time of voting - maximum joined date, minimum number of posts, etc. - to help prevent voter fraud.
- Voting will be in the form of selecting a top 5:
- 1st choice will be awarded 5 points.
- 2nd choice will be awarded 4 points.
- 3rd choice will be awarded 3 points.
- 4th choice will be awarded 2 points.
- 5th choice will be awarded 1 point.
- The winners will be announced on August 26th, 2014.
- The prize fund will be delivered to the winners (or charity or recipient of the winners' choices) via PayPal within a week of the winner being announced.
The Prize Fund (Money Money Money)
- The prize will be cold, hard, cash, made up from donations from the KVR community. Donations can be made via PayPal and will be held in escrow by KVR Audio until the winner has been selected. The prize will be paid to the eventual winner via PayPal. We'll endeavor to keep the prize fund total updated here.
- The prize fund will be split:
- 30% to the Windows Plug-in or Standalone Application entry with the most votes 1, 2
- 30% to the Mac OS X Plug-in or Standalone Application entry with the most votes 1, 2
- 20% to the next highest placed entry
- 10% to the highest placed Soundware entry
- 10% to a wild card random selection (maybe an iOS or Android entry, if we get any!)
- Additional prizes, donated by fellow developers, will also be available and distributed on an ad-hoc basis. If you wish to donate something please contact email@example.com
1 These can be the same entry. If it is multi-format and gets the most votes the entrant would receive 60% of the prize fund.
2 Yes we know Linux (and other OS) appears to be overlooked but the Linux (and other OS) userbase at KVR is very small so we'll concentrate prize distribution on the two major Operating Systems for audio production - Windows and Mac OS X. However, in the event of the unlikely situation that the entry with the most votes is for Linux (or another OS) only it will be awarded 30% of the prize fund and the next 40% will be split between the highest placed Windows and Mac OS X entries (20% each) and the "next highest placed entry" will receive 10% instead of 20%.