LiveSlice is out now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This sounds like a great idea actually.
I'm definitely trying this and if I like it - simple purchase.

I'm such a hard sell for these types of things, but this is different enough to warrant my attention me thinks.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

loachm wrote:... seems like someone has developed something I have been waiting for YEARS
hehe ;)
i was thinking the same when i found the buzz-version on the net.. then i got in contact with ohm and learned about the vst-version.. and joined the beta-tester-team.

liveslice is a great tool when it comes to fast and easy beat-manipulation for live-performances and is capable of so much more! :)

Just playing around with it tonight with some waveform files from other wavetable synths. Not only good for beat arrangements, but makes for a cool pseudogranular/brassage/waveset distortion type of synthesizer, too.

fabi the underachiever wrote:...donated for some ioplong (he didn't get back to me, yet, anyone know if he's on vacation or something?
I made a donation to him for FlitchSplifter, well over a month ago, and have recieved no reply.
Emailed him 2 or 3 times, but got no response.
So, you're not alone. :)

Hopefully he's ok, not burnt out from work, or worse.
Just got another idea.... :)

ioplong problems solved. :)
Andreas discovered the payment confirmations got injested by a spam-infected mailbox.
He was very apologetic and generous in his reply.
Should be no problems now.
Donate away!

So anyone try this out yet?

I heard the very cool audio demos and already downloaded the demo as well. Will check it later. Seems very interesting.

Best wishes, FRitz
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

... as far as I understood the concept I thought it would be possible to rearrange more than one loop and route these to one key in order to have one multiloop rhythm at one key. Was I wrong or am I using it wrong? Evertime I'm trying to load an additional loop the first one is unloaded from LiveSlice...

wait how is this different than microdicer

RONC

Hi all, just found this thread. Thanks for the kind words everybody.

loachm: I just answered your question in the livelab forum here at kvr.

RONC: the two products are very different. Microdicer is like reCycle it can slice your loops and map the slices to midi keys. You have to use an external sequencer to make arrangements.
LiveSlice can do that, and it has a built in graphical arranger with 32 tracks, specialized at slice arranging. Each slice has loads of parameters (like pitch, probability, attack) and cool randomization options. (and the autoslicer works better) and, and, and. read more here : http://www.livelab.dk/liveslice.php
Check the demo or look at the flash demos - they give you a hint of what LiveSlice can do.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

yay, new flash demos since i last checked. :)
once i have money, i think i'll shell out. beginning of november, then. :D
till then i'll read the manual, watch the flash and try the demo. :)

:D
I took a sawtooth wave off this Pantomime4, looped it back, mixed it with the sound of this crab committing suicide and let it stew in its own reverb for about 3 hours, then I pumped it all out through this shoe to give it that oak'y timbre.

@ loachm:
Same here. All the high-rated "pro-plugs" inside my DAW..
But this one looks like one of those nice small plugs to get sth. going
immediately.

More and more I realize how much money and time I have wasted in the past..

Cool slicer Ohm. It reminds of an older vst plugin called "bomb that beat" but way better.

A quick question for adding events in the arranger. Is there a zoom for this? When you have a lot of events, it makes it harder to edit.

Return to “Instruments”