Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

HI

Very nice looking Synth ...

I have tried your filter and think it is probably the most impressive sounding software emu of a filter yet; unfortunately it is a bit of a cpu guzzler - how do you expect this synth to perform - resource wise; considering it has two of the same (?) filters, 3 oscillators ect?

Flipper.

ChocoLatteRabbit wrote: I hope I don't appear totally abrasive to everyone in this thread.

nope - it's up to you what resolution to use even if personally I find your preference a bit stra- ...er uncommon...

but this 'Improv'-guy got unreasonably insulting and agressive towards you - I think he's in dire need of a clue, a life and a sense of humour - not neccessarily in that order of course...

but then again: perhaps his nick is trying to tell us that he's just an improvisation anyway... :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

That's one hell of a nice Gui. If it's as good as your filter, you're on to a winner. Just make sure the oscillators have some balls and not watered down to get max polyphony/cpu

original flipper wrote:HI

Very nice looking Synth ...

I have tried your filter and think it is probably the most impressive sounding software emu of a filter yet; unfortunately it is a bit of a cpu guzzler - how do you expect this synth to perform - resource wise; considering it has two of the same (?) filters, 3 oscillators ect?

Flipper.
Good question! Answer is: You can expect this one to be a fairly processor-heavy instrument, but exactly how much, I can't tell you yet.

(But I will. Soon. Few more weeks... :) )

Spaceman Sounds wrote:That's one hell of a nice Gui. If it's as good as your filter, you're on to a winner. Just make sure the oscillators have some balls and not watered down to get max polyphony/cpu
Yeah, I'll put up with CPU for balls! :lol:

Looking forward to it, Admiral.

While the black bakelite arrow-knobs are both charmingly retro and ergonomic, those big metaloid source selector knobs area a really bad idea. They take up a lot of space displaying unselected options that are anyway unreadable. If you have to be totally retro and electromechanical, I'd suggest you replace them with a little window over an imaginary wheel whose axis is horizontal and below the panel surface (like a slot machine), with buttons next to it to click it "up" or "down" to the next position.

looks fantastic ... i want a powder blue one :D

I say OH MY SEX to that gui :love:

very nice look :) ...and the sounds?...cya

tro

i was lookng forward to seeing what you've been working away at, Admiral.
this looks like it has all sorts of features that i like in a synth. I hope it sounds as good as i think it will :D
however, my main computer is a laptop ( Athlon 64 / ATI chipset: i won't be upgrading for at least another year) so i don't think i will be able to use it :cry:
as it is, the GUI will just fit on my screen. But, add in the host window, and the frame for the display window, and there won't be any way; unless you can make it scrollable...?

i love the look, and i am quite fond also of the 'inspirational' picture your friend sent you; one of my favourite things is cold war era control surfaces, etc.
I have maybe an idea: there was another selector type of control that was common on both musical and other technology for that period, that that is small horizontal LED readouts (think maybe amber or maybe cobalt blue?). Like the classic LED digital watch, but longer; It could be a fun thing to program (i mean actually code/design wise) as well.
I don't know, it might help reduce the vertical size.
Another type of selector Knob used a small window through which the current possition could be viewed, with only the top of the knob sticking out, to be turned...
i wish i knew what that style was called.... do you know what i mean?
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

SCAMP sounds awesome, I'm sure so will this.

I DO like the GUI, but I kinda dislike the huge modulation source knobs. Much space wasted here. Just an idea: maybe you could vertically bisect them, so that the left half of the knob seems to disappear below the surface panel.

Hi,

The GUI is too large, both on a 19" with 1600*1200 and 15,4" 1280*800.

Sorry but doesn't matter how it sounds, it won't fit the screen on real-life situations.

It looks cool, but size matters :-)

It's very... red! 8)

Yeah... too red. This deep red is more like it. Looks like SCAMP, even a bit deeper.

http://www.admiralquality.com/spimages/ ... eepRed.png

I think the prototype/beta will look like this (I want MY color first! ;) ), and you'll get your choice of different colors by version 1.0.

nice! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”