7Aliens Catanya - Music Phrase Arpeggiator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh damn, this was actually on my to-buy list.

I'm hoping it was just a domain registration glitch...

That's a shame the website is down. I'm still looking for an FM8 type arp that will work with any synth (VST or hardware). 7 Aliens Catanya looked good, but not quite there for me to purchase. I was hoping a future 7 Aliens release would make the difference.

I'm not a programmer, but you would think somebody (like NI???) would have released an FM8 type arp that would work with any synth. Heck, I'd buy the whole Komplete upgrade if that was the only new thing it offered!

Best future hopes to 7 Aliens and for those customers that bought in.

FYI: Site's back up!

http://www.7aliens.com/

UltimateOutsider wrote:FYI: Site's back up!

http://www.7aliens.com/
Yay! I was just using it today, thinking 'what a shame' but luckily it was just a glitch :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Igor Polóny wrote:We plan to release new version catanya and w2 harmonizer with new features and new presets and many other cool improvements that will be compatible also with Mac and 64 bit Windows. It will be really amazing stuff. We hope it will be soon.
Any news on this?

firepile wrote:
Igor Polóny wrote:We plan to release new version catanya and w2 harmonizer with new features and new presets and many other cool improvements that will be compatible also with Mac and 64 bit Windows. It will be really amazing stuff. We hope it will be soon.
Any news on this?
+100

I bought Catanya when it came out, and they were talking about a "mac release coming soon" in 2010. My PC was old back then and I switched to mac a few months later, thinking I'd be able to crossgrade "soon." So 2013, and the last "coming soon" was dropped last March. Their site is back up, but is still the same as 2010. Really a shame...and I hope they didn't fade away. I was looking for something like Catanya for many years even back then. I'm surprised no one else has come out with something similar in all this time, for mac I mean.

Lately, I've also been looking for a really simple, straight-forward step sequencer...one where you can program patterns, and fire them from a key or pad. Like how ReDrum works in reason, or the D16 stuff, but with a simple piano roll window. You guys know of anything?

Mark

As for an innovative arp, why not try out Xferrecords' Cthulhu? It's a lot deeper than it appears at first look. And Steve Duda, the dev, is very responsive.

As far as Catanya goes, I gave up on a Mac port long ago.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:As for an innovative arp, why not try out Xferrecords' Cthulhu? It's a lot deeper than it appears at first look. And Steve Duda, the dev, is very responsive.

As far as Catanya goes, I gave up on a Mac port long ago.

/Joachim
Joachim, thanks so much for that. Their site was done for maintenance but I saw some video demos. WOW...really cool stuff. Yeah, 90% gave up on Catanya too, but I still check when I think about it. It seems from what I saw that Cthulhu will do what I'm looking for, and the whole chord generator part is a nice bonus. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction...

Cheers,
Mark

The older I get, the more I hope every honest developer can bounce back
from hardship, improve their products, and provide superior service.
2010 :? Seems like I had big plans for that year, and 2014
is already knocking at the door :-o

Cthulhu is very nice but I don't think it's comparable to Catanya.

I wish someone would take the concept Catanya uses and run with it, at least in a max for Live device :) My biggest gripe with Catanya really is that it doesn't have a free sync mode where it doesn't retrigger with each new chord, but plays through the pattern instead. I'd use it a lot more if it could do this. TimeCore does allow this I believe but the timing on that one is wonky. But it is the only one directly comparable to Catanya I have seen, except for something for Reaktor.

Anyhow, I really hope 7aliens can pull it together and get a new version out. Cthulhu is really cool though, and to a degree can give some similar results since you can define which note of the chord to arpeggiate, but sadly it only allows one note at a time.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:.... Cthulhu is really cool though, and to a degree can give some similar results since you can define which note of the chord to arpeggiate, but sadly it only allows one note at a time.
I'm pretty sure it's more than one note...there's a "harmony" tab on the UI. Might only be one more note, but that's better than most. I'll get it soon and confirm. There's also a retrigger button, so I think it does what you're looking for there, too

markcohn wrote:
braj wrote:.... Cthulhu is really cool though, and to a degree can give some similar results since you can define which note of the chord to arpeggiate, but sadly it only allows one note at a time.
I'm pretty sure it's more than one note...there's a "harmony" tab on the UI. Might only be one more note, but that's better than most. I'll get it soon and confirm. There's also a retrigger button, so I think it does what you're looking for there, too
Only one extra note arpeggiated with Harmony, and it does some other stuff to get the chords mode going, but regarding defining a pattern it is mono only.

braj wrote:
markcohn wrote:
Only one extra note arpeggiated with Harmony, and it does some other stuff to get the chords mode going, but regarding defining a pattern it is mono only.
Ah...I see. Yeah, I agree with your earlier statment about someone taking the Catanya concept and running with it. Or for them to get their ducks in a row, either way. That's why it's such a drag they seem to have vaporized. Good to see a few others out there with more than up, down, and up/down though!

OK, I'm seeing new Catanya adds running on KVR, I am hoping that means it is being actively developed again, as the dev said last year.

Return to “Instruments”