Monophonic Guitar to MIDI converter tryout

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Many thanks for all comments ! I agree that including a pitchbend sensitivity control would be a good idea, i'll do it in the next one, also i'm planning to include bend range control as well, currently it's fixed to standard -2 to +2 semitones range. And i think it's about time to write a little reference, i'll post it here when it's done :)

adjustable up/down +-12, please (increments of 1)

Ok, no worries ! :)

BertAnt wrote:Ok, no worries ! :)
I tried it out and it is perfect for me. Very low latency. The preamp function is very useful. Although meanwhile used in composing with a keyboard or algorhytmic tools I think for a more or less skilled guitarist your tool will be pretty helpful for composition. Thank you very much!

Would it be hard to add midi record to this?
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

horn wrote:I tried it out and it is perfect for me. Very low latency. The preamp function is very useful. Although meanwhile used in composing with a keyboard or algorhytmic tools I think for a more or less skilled guitarist your tool will be pretty helpful for composition. Thank you very much!
My pleasure ! :)
A.M. Gold wrote:Would it be hard to add midi record to this?
For me it's hard, i don't know how to make a sequencer yet.. Besides, every DAW has MIDI sequencer that can record the plugin's MIDI output.

Yea, I've never rendered a track with a MIDI out, only audio. I assume Tracktion 2 can do that. It has no feature to record MIDI out from a plug-in in real time, though, only from the soundcard side.

Edit: I just looked and it only renders audio. I'm wondering if there's a plug-in that will record a MIDI track after the output of another plug-in.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

There's several free MIDI recorder/sequencer around i think, probably you could route Tracktion MIDI Out to the sequencer input with virtual MIDI cable, like MIDI Yoke ( http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http:// ... /myoke.htm ).

Thanks. There's also several recorders and sequencers in Reaktor 5 so maybe one of those will work.

You didn't mention you have Reaktor :) I think there's one made by LazyFish in factory library that can record MIDI, i forgot the name though. Yes, simply open Reaktor as VSTi, load the sequencer ensemble / instrument in it and you can record FretKeys MIDI output in Reaktor. Btw, my plugin originally was built in Reaktor before ported to SM, check UL if you want to try the Reaktor version :)

Nice tool.
Anyone tried to play orchestral samples with the new velocity sensitive feature ?
I wonder if one can record realistic lines with it. If yes, then maybe there'll be a new way of adding sampled bass tracks to guitar clips. (thus avoiding to pitch down the guitar)

Thanks for the tip, BertAnt. I just got R5 with Komplete so I've barely learned what it can do. It's incredibly versatile!

Thanks BertAnt. I'm interested in trying out this Plugin later. Have downloaded! I suppose you get asked this all the time: Are you any relation to AdamAnt? He was great :)

cheul wrote:Nice tool.
Anyone tried to play orchestral samples with the new velocity sensitive feature ?
I wonder if one can record realistic lines with it. If yes, then maybe there'll be a new way of adding sampled bass tracks to guitar clips. (thus avoiding to pitch down the guitar)
Well, i have plans to include velocity / key split, so in theory you can control several VSTi with just one instance of the plugin. But currently i still have to learn how to create multiple MIDI ports within single VST plugin (i don't even know if it's possible)..
A.M. Gold wrote:Thanks for the tip, BertAnt. I just got R5 with Komplete so I've barely learned what it can do. It's incredibly versatile!
My pleasure, i just checked the sequencer again, it's called "SQP", but unfortunately it cannot record pitchbend data i guess. R5 sure is powerful :tu:
Aloysius wrote:Thanks BertAnt. I'm interested in trying out this Plugin later. Have downloaded! I suppose you get asked this all the time: Are you any relation to AdamAnt? He was great :)
Thanks for your interest :) I don't have any relation to him although i wish i had :lol:

If you can control several instances of vst, maybe one could achieve polyphony?

I hope you can get it to be able to have pitchbend recordable.

Return to “Instruments”