JP6K 1.7 update (64 bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JP6K

What about running the FL beta and trying the demo if you would like to be on Mac?
I'd love to try and do this, but the 2 Mac people/family I know won't let try it for fear of damaging their OSX. humph
I think you need to own FL to get the beta.

actually i do have FL on mac installed as i own FL producer for what seems like a lifetime. I am very silly not to have thought of trying the JP6K demo that way, thank you! will do so today

hope it works,
& please let me know if it does,
coz Flowstone is my plug-making environment

To answer the C++ question the story goes like this. I had no intention ever of programming synths, however since SynthMaker came with FL Studio for free, it was a fun little "gadget" So I started fooling around, and I realized I could do more with this than I thought, and when I wrote my little thesis on the SuperSaw it was the ideal tool to try to program it. Making a full synth from the oscillator was just a step away and voila, JP6K was born. However FL Synthmaker could only save plugins to FL version, so I bought the full Synthmaker to be able to export vsts to other hosts as well.

Hiring someone to port the code would be very hard because its not as simple as copy and paste. Maybe it will sound different, maybe the programmer wont be able to do graphical things which I have done, maybe it will use more cpu, and when I update the synth, I have to ask that person to update it for me again. So it sounds like a nightmare. Unfortunately I wont have time to learn c++ for 5 years to make mac and 64 bit, so lets hope SynthMaker (now Flowstone) will support those in the not too distant future.

TheoM wrote:
Shy wrote:Hah, the best is now better. Thanks.
Really, that good? And there is no way this can be Ported to mac is there? I think I remember it being a save as enviro?
Yes, everyone who had been claiming their synth has a supersaw-like feature, hardly got even a single part of it right. They never really did any in-depth research. Then Adam published his thesis which has vast and very surprising details about how the supersaw design really works and how the unique features, including limitations and necessities of the specific implementation in the JP-8000 and JP-8080 effect the sound. Then, he actually built it in Synthmaker (having used it, I can't even begin to think about this huge task), finally an accurate, not to mention really good sounding supersaw implementation in a plugin. Finally, a synth that actually honors the original idea instead of tarnishing its name, causing plugin users to associate "supersaw" with bad jokes like Superwave. The filter is not much like the JP filter, but it's definitely usable, but the oscillator part just sounds pretty much indistinguishable from a JP-8000/JP-8080.

Hopefully soon Flowstone will enable OS X builds.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

It's nice to see 1.5 is out. JP6K is indeed one of the better super-saw-synths out there. :)

adamtrance wrote:lets hope SynthMaker (now Flowstone) will support those in the not too distant future.
Hey Adam - Carl here! You still in Budapest or you're back in Stockholm?

The thing about SynthMaker/Flowstone is that I highly doubt there will be an OSX version. When I bought the original Synthmaker about when it was released, the developer estimated a Mac version within a year. That's about six years ago... so, no. I doubt he will go there.

Unfortunately, I should add.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

How much is the CPU improved in 1.5?

Adam, it would be great if you could model the JP-8000 filters too.

faun2500 wrote:New hard trance track made with only one synth - JP6K!! :) All sounds (except drums) come from this.

http://soundcloud.com/100mg/100mg-jp6k-clip
Thanks for all the listens on this. I will be removing it soon so anyone else interested in downloading it please do so now. :D

http://soundcloud.com/100mg/100mg-jp6k-clip
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Am I right in thinking the JP update, regarding the new patches, they are FX patches only, no new bass/leads ?

Cheers.

DrGonzo wrote:
Hey Adam - Carl here! You still in Budapest or you're back in Stockholm?

The thing about SynthMaker/Flowstone is that I highly doubt there will be an OSX version. When I bought the original Synthmaker about when it was released, the developer estimated a Mac version within a year. That's about six years ago... so, no. I doubt he will go there.

Unfortunately, I should add.

/C
Hey! Yeah still in Budapest :)
Unfortunately I would not expect a mac version any time soon either. I think 64 bit is the one they are planning first?

izonin wrote:How much is the CPU improved in 1.5?

Adam, it would be great if you could model the JP-8000 filters too.
Its very hard to estimate, but I would say at least 30-40% reduction in cpu usage.

ranger3 wrote:Am I right in thinking the JP update, regarding the new patches, they are FX patches only, no new bass/leads ?

Cheers.
These are the new patches I added in 1.5:

BASS - Bendy
BASS - Evil
BASS - League
FX - Dishwasher
FX - Hell-O
FX - Psychic
FX - Space Marine
LEAD - Arcade
PAD - Classic
PAD - Gated Dreams
PLUCK - Bugs
PLUCK - Cactus
PLUCK - Nordish

Demo is not v1.5 yet, right?

EvilDragon wrote:Demo is not v1.5 yet, right?
The demo is indeed version 1.5 :)

Ah, thanks. It wasn't a week ago, or so. :D

Thanks for the update-
do you want a polyphonic porta cludge?
It works and will take 30 min to integrate IMO.

Yo Theo, did you try running this on Mac?
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”