Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V available at shops now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:I take it that there's no demo version?
I take it you have not read all posts here in this thread and the Waldorf website too :wink:

look here: http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/ppg-3-evaluation.html

or here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I envy Germans. All good stuff comes from there. We have to wait and hope PPG hits US stores before New Year.
Instruments: Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Komplete 5 & 6, Addictive Drums, OP-X Pro-II
Hosts: Cubase 5
Hardware: Motu Ultra Lite mk3, Novation 49SL MkII, Yamaha S90, PC i7 64bit

Ingonator wrote:
I take it you have not read all posts here in this thread and the Waldorf website too :wink:
I take it you are correct. I take it that you are thinking that I'm now downloading it, and will LOVE it. I take it you are right about that too! :)

^^^ Allow me to use my extraordinary psychic powers:

You HAVE downloaded it, and you ARE loving it!

Yes, yes, yesssssss..... :hihi:

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
I take it you are correct. I take it that you are thinking that I'm now downloading it, and will LOVE it. I take it you are right about that too! :)
:hihi:
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

just tried the demo for fun, and everytime on my mac it says installation failed at the end. I updated latest sync soft elicenser, successfully downloaded the demo activation code, and the synth even appears to work in logic, but, i was just wondering if anyone got that error trying to install the mac version.

p.s. i think this is sounding very tinny so far? Am i the only one?

Yeh, there was a fix for that but don't remember now what it was .. I think somebody will chime in!

To me it doesn't sound tinny, maybe a bit old / muffled but in a goody analog way. I just dig the sound, maybe it's not for you ttoz
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:
To me it doesn't sound tinny, maybe a bit old / muffled but in a goody analog way.
ppg ...analogue?

My recollection from threads I've read - about installing/running on the mac:
- "postflight" error or whatnot, during the install, fixed by installing latest elicenser. I got that error, installed the latest elicenser, then reinstalled the ppg and the install worked fine that time.
- crashes from the AU plugin, but the VST runs fine. I haven't tried the AU so I can't confirm/deny. And/or maybe it's been fixed in the current demo download? I don't know.

My question -- I haven't quite worked this out from what I've read: where do USA folks buy it? It looks like Waldorf online is selling only the upgrade, and of the links to other sites, it sounds like they're all in europe and/or don't actually have it in stock yet?

I did that WillX but no dice...

@ the analogue sound, well i'm flipping through a few presets, and i do feel the analogue vibe, but it's a weak one. I don't know how to explain it. It's got no guts. Gutless but analogue "sounding".

there.

ttoz wrote:I did that WillX but no dice...

@ the analogue sound, well i'm flipping through a few presets, and i do feel the analogue vibe, but it's a weak one. I don't know how to explain it. It's got no guts. Gutless but analogue "sounding".

there.
Have you tried the Filter Drive/Tube Drive? Some sound designers are afraid to add too much distortion since some customers could be afraid about clipping...
If the PPG filter is weak than my ears must be broken. :)

BTW the filter drive is the "secret weapon" in all Waldorf synths like Largo, Blofeld or PPG Wave 3.V. On the other hand the PPg was not invented to emulate a Jupiter 8 or Minimoog.

I don't know if the demo contains all my factory sounds. Some of those are based on samples from AAS Tassman 4 including some approaches for the hypersaw/supersaw sounds (based on my "HyperOSC" synths for Tassman).
Ingo Weidner

I definitely lucked out: http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... D=19270228

The full price scared me a bit, but thankfully there is an upgrade option for 2.V owners.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Kriminal wrote:
penguinfromdeep wrote:
To me it doesn't sound tinny, maybe a bit old / muffled but in a goody analog way.
ppg ...analogue?
Yes, all hardware has an analogue output (still)
And we may presume they allso emulated that :wink:
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Well, the filter is analogue for starters .. And I think this time they indeed emulated more stuff than in the first version, who knows, but to my ears it just sounds miles better than their first effort emulating PPG. The sound is not necessarily in-your-face trancey thing like Sylenth can do (though Ingo's patches have some pretty cool supersaws etc) but more like a wooly vintage thing .. Might not be your cup of tea if you like ebm or whatever though it can do some pretty nasty sounds too
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

olepro wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
penguinfromdeep wrote:
ppg ...analogue?
Yes, all hardware has an analogue output (still)
And we may presume they allso emulated that :wink:
i was thinknig of the sound...ppg's sound very digital to me, and thats not to say its a bad thing (before you lynch me), just that its the nature of its sound...IMO

Return to “Instruments”