V-Station 2.0 is out (64 bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V-Station

It is tied to the hardware ID of the system that requested an authorisation (SysKey=9e6667de61****************cd175eedb18543 in my case).

Removing this SysKey from the autogenerated URL gives:
https://www.focusrite-estore.com/activa ... oductId=20

"V-Station Software Activation
Please run the software on your machine in order to be directed to the correct Software Activation URL."

I hoped I had read the upgrade instructions wrongly and the licence key could be made from my old serial number.
No. That doesn't work and is not intended to.

Greetings
D.
Last edited by Debby747 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

EvilDragon wrote:Oh, wait.

Have my old WinXP PC here. I forgot to tell that I also have to input the OS in the licence generator. The Win7 licence file didn't work on WinXP. So I generated a new key, that worked of course. So, seems like the only thing that's making the difference is OS selection, which is easy enough, make a key for every OS you plan to use.

I will let you know what happens with the new W7 PC when it's functional. :)
That doesn't make any sense. Why would they make us jump through hoops over just an OS version? There's got to be more to it than that, otherwise why waste man-hours in development, and time for the consumer to do this C/R, just so that the system can know what OS is being used--installers can do that themselves. I still think C/R is going on, and the reason your license failed is not because you have a different OS, but because it is using different hardware signature. I'd still like to see you try the Win7 license on your other Win7 hardware. Please do let us know what happens when your other W7 PC. :-) I suspect the activation will fail. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Seems like D. above replied. Alright, it's proper C-R then. I'm still not hassled by it, it was really painless. And I think Novation isn't really going out of business any time soon, as long as they're making their hardware. :)

When the KVR notification first hit my inbox, I got excited a little :uhuhuh:

V2 is really pushing the limits now :nutter:

I appreciate the continued support though :tu:

Debby747 wrote:It is tied to the hardware ID of the system that requested an authorisation (SysKey=9e6667de****EDITED******cd175eedb18543 in my case).

Removing this SysKey from the autogenerated URL gives:
https://www.focusrite-estore.com/activa ... oductId=20

"V-Station Software Activation
Please run the software on your machine in order to be directed to the correct Software Activation URL."

I hoped I had read the upgrade instructions wrongly and the licence key could be made from my old serial number.
No. That doesn't work and is not intended to.

Greetings
D.
Note: Edited quote above to not display the whole SYSKEY. ;-)

Oh well, at least my copy of version 1.7 is not tied to anything. :-) There are plenty of other companies that I can purchase from that don't do C/R or dongles. :-) I'll support them. I'd really like to pick up Diva and Oxium soon, and all of my sampling needs are going to be wonderfully taken care of with version 2 of TX16Wx which looks and works wonderfully, and is going public beta in the next couple of days. :D Seriously, the TX16Wx and it's pricing and capabilities is going to make it the sampler for the masses--the Shortcircuit killer. :-)

I have Poise for my drums, Sugar-bytes Guitarist and Shreddage SFZ for my guitars, Headcase for my amps, and plenty of other things that are non-C/R, & non-dongle. I'm a happy camper, and I don't need to pay for anything that uses C/R or dongles. :-)

--Sean
Last edited by audiojunkie on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I don't think it'll be much of a hassle for me as well (unless it doesn't work as expected), but i'm wondering a bit too why Novation would implement a different copyright protection, especially as the plugin isn't sold anymore. My guess would be, that they want to check out the copyright protection for further plugins they will be developing in the future (maybe one day they will release a plugin version of the Ultranova :)). I couldn't imagine another reason.

They used (what seems to be the same) C/R for Automap Pro. Each computer required a different authorization file. Even if you reinstalled your OS on the same hardware, same serial, same everything, you can't reuse the auth file. It must be regenerated. I think after 4 files have been issued you have to manually contact customer support to enable you to authorize the software again.

For anyone who travels around, uses multiple computers, multiboots, or reinstalls their OS, such a system is going to be a pain in the backside.

You could buy V-Station for what? $30? What I don't get is that it's probably going to cost them more in system and support costs than they'll make from sales of VStation at this stage of the game!

PAK wrote: You could buy V-Station for what? $30? What I don't get is that it's probably going to cost them more in system and support costs than they'll make from sales of VStation at this stage of the game!
Well, it isn't sold at all anymore, and it used to be like 249 $ when it had been originally sold. The main thing about the update is the 64-bit compatibility anyway i guess, and the people using 64-bit DAW should be grateful, as it surely is not the normality that developers update their plugin when it's on the market for 9 years...

For the C/R, i'm sure that it had been easy to implement. I can't imagine them spend much time on this, just to implement the C/R.

EvilDragon wrote:Seems like D. above replied. Alright, it's proper C-R then. I'm still not hassled by it, it was really painless. And I think Novation isn't really going out of business any time soon, as long as they're making their hardware. :)
That's good to hear--I'm glad you are not finding it a hassle. :-) I don't wish for any company to go out of business--I wish the best for Novation. I'm disappointed, however, that they chose to go this route, and hope they will reconsider at some point. In the meantime, I am satisfied with my 1.7 version, and wish them luck with continued sales with their version 2 update--I just won't be using it. :shrug:

--Sean

Seems pretty painless. Lack of any real update is strange if unsurprising.
5,000 presets come back to life though.
Music is the best

audiojunkie wrote: I'm disappointed, however, that they chose to go this route, and hope they will reconsider at some point. In the meantime, I am satisfied with my 1.7 version, and wish them luck with continued sales with their version 2 update--I just won't be using it. :shrug:

--Sean
If you don't like it, drop them a line. Maybe, at least, they will explain then why they chose to handle it like that now. Would be interesting enough to know anyway. :)

I'll stick to 1.7. Seems to work great in Logic as it is.

I was ready to upgrade for the RTAS support....but will wait...not because of C/R...because there is supposedly a burst of noise with the RTAS version... according to Novation :(

- KB
Citizen K Productions

"I ain't got time to bleed...!!!"

I just tried new version and immediately return back to 1.7.
yzcoruhT

But nothing changed sound-wise. So, just because of C-R, or?

I for one am glad to finally have this as x64 plugin.

Return to “Instruments”