Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuance

From the developer of the amazing Granite.

For those you might be interested: http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/nuance.php

Can't see this manage to top ShortCircuit?

It loads few formats, just: Native NU format, WAV, AIFF, SFZ Import

Does it come with a library?

Numanoid wrote:Can't see this manage to top ShortCircuit?

It loads few formats, just: Native NU format, WAV, AIFF, SFZ Import

Does it come with a library?
No idea how it stands against ShortCircuit, I've never tried it. And I'm not a sampler person neither, I never use any for my music. Just thought about pointing it since anyone hasn't yet, I know lot of people use and like samplers.

am gonna at least check it out, am a huge Granite fan...

Add the opportunity cutting loop and drag and drop midi in host) Like this has been done in FXpansion Geist and iZotope Phatmatik. Then you will definitely be a success! Small and lightweight sampler for loops and oneshots no on the market.
Would like a sampler which can load to many tracks. FXpansion Geist in this respect is too heavy =( Sorry for my english.

That's some very bare-bones information at their site. Before I try a sampler I like to know some specifics, for example, if there are modulatable start/end/loop points. It would have also been nice to have more effects, at least a downsampler/crusher. Using external effects is OK but limits the possibilities immensely.

I still feel Shortcircuit is the ultimate creative sampler. The only real "problem" with it is the fixed minimum attack time, which cannot be instant. But I've tried my hardest to hear if this detracts from the impact of the sound and honestly don't hear a difference.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

With Live, i'm set now, if I were still using Logic, this would be a godsend. It has some immediacy that more comprehensive samplers lack. And therefore I figure I would use it more for, well, actual sampling.

i just bought this...one thing i like to do (and the logic sampler is useless for this), is...scroll thru samples, see how something random fits in a track. it's immediate and easy to work with...and a good price for now.

I must say though I have yet to find a sampler I really love, easy to use, simple, feel I can be creative with it easily.

Love the GUI and it's simplicity, but you have to wonder if it is just a bit too sparse.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:I must say though I have yet to find a sampler I really love, easy to use, simple, feel I can be creative with it easily.

Love the GUI and it's simplicity, but you have to wonder if it is just a bit too sparse.
i WANT something simple, immediate. it's a nice alternative to the EXS24 (logic sampler), great for 'hit&run' work.
would not give up the other one, but, for what it is...nice.

rusetsky wrote:Add the opportunity cutting loop and drag and drop midi in host) Like this has been done in FXpansion Geist and iZotope Phatmatik. Then you will definitely be a success! Small and lightweight sampler for loops and oneshots no on the market.
Would like a sampler which can load to many tracks. FXpansion Geist in this respect is too heavy =( Sorry for my english.
Maybe IL Edison does what you want
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Sendy wrote:That's some very bare-bones information at their site. Before I try a sampler I like to know some specifics, for example, if there are modulatable start/end/loop points.
Looks like it's possible to modulate the sample start time...
MIDI bass loops, Granite patches, Reason Refills, Sylenth1 patches, Android Caustic expansions: http://www.audiovapor.com/

Certainly looks good - I'm a huge fan of minimalist GUIs. Could do with more info on the website - I had to download and start the demo installer to determine whether it was 64-bit or not (it is). If anyone from New Sonic Arts sees this, please consider posting the manual so folks can get a better idea of Nuance's capabilities.

PG

perhaps this will be a 'simpler' replacement for those who miss it leaving Live. The other alternative is Expert Sleepers Crossfade Loop synth...bit under the radar that one...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

...I like the 'shape', reverse, unison features and drive is handy...not sure why unison spread is available as a modulation source. Shame there isnt a bitcrusher/better fx section

I found the loop crossfade which is in the keygroup page...which is odd - Id much prefer a handle and knob...and Im finding adjusting loops points and starts a bit fiddly...

...its a nice idea but not quite there for me...

Return to “Instruments”