Soniccharge Microtonic 64bit (+more) Out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

:hyper: for the 64-bit
:| for the C/R

Nielzie wrote::hyper: for the 64-bit
you also can activate it offline using your serial number.

t3toooo wrote:
Nielzie wrote::hyper: for the 64-bit
you also can activate it offline using your serial number.
Oh really? That's nice :)

About the plugin: what an awesome drum synth this still is.. Still my favourite after all those years :love:

it does look great, but tbh, microtonic is dated. sure, if you want that 'microtonic' sound then its great, nothing better. but its sorta, too little/too late. microtonic is going on 11 years old and in that time, it really hasn't grown that much. price/feature wise its just not worth it anymore. not for the price it sells for anyway.

64bit though is pretty awesome, but magnus does seem more about putting out ever newer products then actually taking something to completion. im sure its what you have to do though if your a one man show. theres no denying that hes a great and talented developer.

thanks for the update! :)

AstralExistence wrote:it does look great, but tbh, microtonic is dated. sure, if you want that 'microtonic' sound then its great, nothing better. but its sorta, too little/too late. microtonic is going on 11 years old and in that time, it really hasn't grown that much. price/feature wise its just not worth it anymore. not for the price it sells for anyway.

64bit though is pretty awesome, but magnus does seem more about putting out ever newer products then actually taking something to completion. im sure its what you have to do though if your a one man show. theres no denying that hes a great and talented developer.
Interesting point. I personally feel that Microtonic can still hold its own against any drum machine, sample or synth based, and puts out sounds that are remarkably phat and easy to program. Huge kicks, thick snares, sparkly hats and even some plaintive monophonic synth tones. There's still quite nothing like it out there. It does have a certain 'sound', I agree with you on that, but the raw sound may easily be shaped with effects/eq etc. As the proud owner of the original Tin Tonic, I am thrilled that Magnus has continued to support and update this modern classic. :D

dj ray wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:it does look great, but tbh, microtonic is dated. sure, if you want that 'microtonic' sound then its great, nothing better. but its sorta, too little/too late. microtonic is going on 11 years old and in that time, it really hasn't grown that much. price/feature wise its just not worth it anymore. not for the price it sells for anyway.

Interesting point. I personally feel that Microtonic can still hold its own against any drum machine, sample or synth based, and puts out sounds that are remarkably phat and easy to program. Huge kicks, thick snares, sparkly hats and even some plaintiff monophonic synth tones. There's still nothing like it out there. It does have a certain 'sound', I agree with you on that, but the raw sound may easily be shaped with effects/eq etc. As the proud owner of the original Tin Tonic, I am thrilled that Magnus has continued to support and update this modern classic. :D
It is a "sound" and may be less flexible in that regard than some other drum synths, but I think it's aged well in the sense that there's still a lot of room for that sounds in modern tracks - even for EDM tracks where it is not the main source of percussion, and can provide lots of character.

Thing is, it's one of the most pleasant plugins to use, and having a somewhat narrow sonic palette makes it easy to create a coherent kit. Plus, though Magnus has been busy with other products, the product has not been left behind. When there's a 4.0, I'll be purchasing the upgrade sound-unheard (I think that's the equivalent of sight-unseen).

In any case 64-bit should bring in a whole new crowd.

And for those who need more punch in the kick, layering this with Synapse EKS-Pro (a plug I'm utterly convinced no one should NOT own) is insane. :hyper:

dj ray wrote: Interesting point. I personally feel that Microtonic can still hold its own against any drum machine, sample or synth based, and puts out sounds that are remarkably phat and easy to program. Huge kicks, thick snares, sparkly hats and even some plaintive monophonic synth tones. There's still quite nothing like it out there. It does have a certain 'sound', I agree with you on that, but the raw sound may easily be shaped with effects/eq etc. As the proud owner of the original Tin Tonic, I am thrilled that Magnus has continued to support and update this modern classic. :D
I second that. Microtonic is a powerhouse, dispite his age. And age means nothing in synthesis : minimoog, cs80, jupiter, etc. And means nothing for some kind of softwares : virtual guitarist (1&2), wizooverb, voicemachine : so old but still top notch.

Going to be downloading that later!

JoeCat thanks for pointing out Synapse EKS-Pro. Will definitely check it out.

JoeCat wrote:
dj ray wrote:

Interesting point. I personally feel that Microtonic can still hold its own against any drum machine, sample or synth based, and puts out sounds that are remarkably phat and easy to program. Huge kicks, thick snares, sparkly hats and even some plaintiff monophonic synth tones. There's still nothing like it out there. It does have a certain 'sound', I agree with you on that, but the raw sound may easily be shaped with effects/eq etc. As the proud owner of the original Tin Tonic, I am thrilled that Magnus has continued to support and update this modern classic. :D
It is a "sound" and may be less flexible in that regard than some other drum synths, but I think it's aged well in the sense that there's still a lot of room for that sounds in modern tracks - even for EDM tracks where it is not the main source of percussion, and can provide lots of character.

Thing is, it's one of the most pleasant plugins to use, and having a somewhat narrow sonic palette makes it easy to create a coherent kit. Plus, though Magnus has been busy with other products, the product has not been left behind. When there's a 4.0, I'll be purchasing the upgrade sound-unheard (I think that's the equivalent of sight-unseen).

In any case 64-bit should bring in a whole new crowd.:
I was waiting so long for this, but now i want Vengeance Phalanx, its release is imminent...
Finally!

Whuzz exciting when a non-sample-based plugin becomes 64bit? Don't get it - but always willing to learn in order to overcome my ignorance.

elassi wrote:Whuzz exciting when a non-sample-based plugin becomes 64bit? Don't get it - but always willing to learn in order to overcome my ignorance.
Because if we use a 64-bit DAW/Host (with samplers, etc.), we don't have to use an external or internal bridge anymore to be able to use this non-sample-based plugin (like when it still was 32-bit). Bridging is a "work-around" and therefore not the most convenient :wink:

I love the slight design change. It looks much less plastic-ish now :)

Return to “Instruments”