One-Synth-Challenge 53: Feldspar - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Feldspar

Great news chris_b! It seems to work flawlessly now.
And great synth from what I noticed. I'll check it out a bit more in-depth as soon as I find some free time.

Nice to know you're on KVR Chris,
I like your pluggies!
The GUIs appeal to me for some reason.
They are understated or something.
The fix is working here on 7 64-bit,
so I am in the contest,
racked up like 7 instances without a hitch.
Ghettosynth-
if ur keen, try Chris' fix,
maybe you can still enter

chris_b wrote:Anyways, I spent some time this evening tinkering with it and re-compiling it with a newer version of Synthedit which hopefully fixes the problem*. Updated version is in the same place:

www.contralogic.com/vst-plugins/feldspar/
That's a fast developer, many thanks for the fix.
I had a few issues with it in FL Studio long time ago.
Let me check how works now.

Have a nice day :)

chris_b wrote:Heard about this month's OSC from V'ger.

Sorry to read about Feldspar crashing for some people - seems like it's a fairly common problem... but why doesn't anyone tell me?

Anyways, I spent some time this evening tinkering with it and re-compiling it with a newer version of Synthedit which hopefully fixes the problem*. Updated version is in the same place:

*and hopefully didn't break something else!

Thank you thank you thank you!! :love:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

chris_b wrote:
Anyways, I spent some time this evening tinkering with it and re-compiling it with a newer version of Synthedit which hopefully fixes the problem*. Updated version is in the same place:

thank you for a newer version, and thank you for the great synth ofc :)

Very cool for the quick fix from the developer. Although for the record I had tried the older version on my OSX machine using 32 bit Renoise via Wine with no crashing/instability at all (loaded up about 10 instances already). It's a great sounding synth, for sure! But I guess I'll go ahead and upgrade to the newest, just in case. :)

...and done :) Here's my entry for this OSC:

https://soundcloud.com/telurica/idfpower-binary-code

DAW: FL9 (as usual).
Instances: 28 (24 distinct presets).
No effects used on the instrument tracks; "Limiter no.6" used on the master track. That's about it :)

I must say it went way smoother than expected :) This is a very cool synth to work with :) I made the track before the release of the fixed dll file so I was forced to work with renamed files for each instance, but it was very light on CPU and the sound is pretty crisp :)

I guess I'm going to have to sit on the curb with my macbook pro this month as a single tear falls from my left eye.

jasinski wrote:I guess I'm going to have to sit on the curb with my macbook pro this month as a single tear falls from my left eye.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! With maybe $650 you could get a nice laptop + reaper?

Can't you do something like bootcamp on your mac?

chris_b wrote:Heard about this month's OSC from V'ger.

Sorry to read about Feldspar crashing for some people - seems like it's a fairly common problem... but why doesn't anyone tell me?

Great stuff, thanks for the update :) Works fine without the 'compatibility mode' on in Reaper now.

bjporter wrote:
jasinski wrote:I guess I'm going to have to sit on the curb with my macbook pro this month as a single tear falls from my left eye.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! With maybe $650 you could get a nice laptop + reaper?

Can't you do something like bootcamp on your mac?
Why nobody is trying Wine? Reaper even supports Wine per their website.

http://www.playonmac.com/en/ <--- Makes it really easy to install Windows software on OSX

For clarification, what I am saying is if you run the Windows version of a DAW thru Wine, it will load the windows vst's just fine. :) No need for new computer / dual boot or confusing / expensive stuff

organic io wrote:Reaper even supports Wine per their website.
If you're using REAPER, that is... but yeah, I used it through wine for a long time a Linux box and it worked GREAT - and out of the hundreds of plugs I probably used/tried only one or two had issues.

Sounds like there is still hope for Jasinski :D

bjporter wrote:Sounds like there is still hope for Jasinski :D
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Chris!

Very fast and perfect support. Now it works in Cubase too!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Return to “Instruments”