Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:@robojam - Yeah, from people who don't actually care about the product anyway, so you make a great point. There's a lot I should and have been ignoring here lately so I should continue to do so.
I have all the SampleTank products and I value them plenty. I'm looking forward to a 64bit version of SampleTank which will hopefully open the old libraries too. But seriously this topic is so beaten to death one can't help BUT joke about it. What else is there to say really? And why should you care about this thread? If this was a thread IK started I wouldn't make a joke but it isn't an official IK thread. It's just piss on the wind like many a thread on KVR.

ravasb wrote:Peter, could you let us know what additional functionality there will be in 3 beyond 64bit?
Now we're getting somewhere! Finally a constructive addition to the discourse.

+1 on this. Can you reveal anything we can sink our teeth into?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BBFG# wrote:Okay, I know it's by the end of this year, and I'm still showing four more months on my calender, (which comes out to about 157 days at this point).

So how is the count down calculation at 99/100?
He's assuming that if IK is making an "end of the year" release, that they would do it during the Xmas shopping season, and not after, in order to capture the maximum number of sales. This would bring a release up to around Thanksgiving.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

... is it a demand that they do it in less than 100?
Last edited by BBFG# on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG# wrote:Okay, I know it's by the end of this year, and I'm still showing four more months on my calender, (which comes out to about 157 days at this point).
Who is selling you calendars, one suggestion, fire them! :D

We might be looking at 126 days, but as I said how smart would it be to release a new product just before x-mas, when all our money is tied up in gifts?

If the product doesn't get launched before late November, early December, might as well wait until January....

BBFG# wrote:157 - the 6 days after xmas and maybe a week befor for another 7. That still leaves 144 (is that biblical?).
What kind of time scale are you guys on!?

You can't count the days left of 2013? :hihi: :lol:

August = 6
Sept = 30
Oct = 31
Nov = 30
Dec = ???? (or is that 60)

I've suddenly realized what IKM has had to deal with extensively...
Last edited by BBFG# on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG# wrote:I've suddenly realized what IKM has had to deal with extensively...
You mean bad calendar salesmen? :D

Apparently, this year will end around November 5th? or December 3rd?
Last edited by BBFG# on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG# wrote:Apparently, this year will end around Novemeber 5th?
That would in case be about 70 days from now, why is that?

No need for IK to absolutely deliver the product in 100 days. But a countdown is always good to keep the topic fresh.

BBFG# wrote:157 - the 6 days after xmas and maybe a week befor for another 7. That still leaves 144 (is that biblical?).
Even if it hits before any December date, that's still like 120.
I understand if you want to keep the end of July feeling, but check out this counter if you need a second opinion about where we are in time and space: http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/multicountdown.html

Numanoid wrote: No need for IK to absolutely deliver the product in 100 days. But a countdown is always good to keep the topic fresh.
But then we should try to keep it accurate and quit pushing their words into our desires.

BBFG# wrote:But then we should try to keep it accurate and quit pushing their words into our desires.
Well what can I say expect c'est la vie ;)

See you tomorrow for number 98 :D

You mean 126.

BBFG# wrote:You mean 126.
No, better make that 157 :lol:

Why is 144 biblical by the way?

Return to “Instruments”