The Mangle

ontol wrote:Dear reader,

....Lots of stuff....
Busted !

mcbpete wrote:

....Lots of stuff....
Busted !
Yeah, how's that? What did I say that was a lie?

If I could get Tom to actually come to this thread, if he has any integrity at all, he'll back up everything I said.

Bottom Line: I worked with the dev. I offered him presets. He said yes. And then communication stopped. He went back on his promise after I did the work that I said I would do.

So where am I busted asshole?

Really, go f**k yourself.

You sounds like a lovely lovey man :)

wagtunes wrote:Bottom Line: I worked with the dev. I offered him presets. He said yes. And then communication stopped. He went back on his promise after I did the work that I said I would do.
A review, perhaps :P

Please forgive this intrusion into this discussion concerning how Mangle and other granular synths relate to Wagtunes, but I needed to serve a complaint to him, and this seemed as good a platform as any.

I'd suggest just scrolling on down past this monstrous post, as it's just about Wagston, and my complaint concerning the difference in what I have read in the past, and what I am reading currently.

wagtunes wrote: June 7, 2017 edited for emphasis:

I personally worked with Tom for close to a year. We were working on this together, my part creating a library for him to include with the Mangle so there were some presets for buyers to start off with. I only asked one thing in return. He said yes.
wagtunes wrote: June 7, 2017 edited for emphasis:

In fact, I was surprised we had as many communications as we did. But that was when The Mangle was still in beta and we were trying to get it working. Now that it's relatively stable, the need for communicating just isn't there anymore.

But history shows us:
wagtunes wrote: DATED JAN 5, 2015 (edited):

Just picked this up about 20 minutes ago and all I can say is OMG.
wagtunes wrote:DATED FEB 21, 2015 (edited):
Hey Tom, great to hear from you. I was starting to get worried that my emails were getting lost in cyberspace.
wagtunes wrote:DATED FEB 28, 2015:
I've offered Tom 50 of mine (350 in the complete collection) if he's interested. I haven't heard back from him yet on it.
wagtunes wrote:DATED JULY 3, 2015 (edited):
I am currently waiting for him to get back to me in regard to 50 patches I've created for the "factory" library when it's released.
wagtunes wrote:DATED AUG 5, 2015: Has anybody tried to contact and/or heard from Tom in the last 2 months? I've been emailing him since July 1 every week or so with no response.

(separate post, also Aug 5)

Without my help, that synth wouldn't be where it is today.

(on a roll, separate post also Aug 5)

I've already wasted too much time on this project already.

Aw, come on Waggy, are you that self-absorbed?

It's a bit dumb for me to scroll through this thread looking for your posts to quote, but as I have been following it as a Mangle user since purchasing the public beta sometime in 2014 (read as: personally working alongside Tom for several years :wink: ), and sort of knew about where to look. I just wanted to go ahead and show what the following accusation of BS was based on.

It really would be best served as a PM, but I'm trying to avoid being called some sort of stalker, and would probably be less concerned being labeled a troll, or whatever villain is opposite the victimized role you claim when being called out for your performances here and on other forums.

Enough of the preamble, here's my charge:

Official Calling of BS statement:

You bought it in January of 2015, several months after a majority of folks, including me, were reporting and experiencing stable use on a variety of systems. Several years since the OP had posted.

Yes, it was still in public beta when you bought it(like v 0.7?) with a few bugs but improving. Buying a copy and offering up presets (then more presets, then more) to a dev who is, by your own posts, barely responding to you over a period of 4 months is not personally working alongside someone as a key member of the beta team for nearly a year, helping make the software stable as you seem to be claiming.

You pointed out a flaw in the preset system that would have made it difficult for third parties to sell soundbanks or users to share presets, thank you. Sincerely. It had no impact at all on the stability of my copy at all, but thanks just the same. Every flaw worked out is great.

You created several sets of presets, which instead of being a waste of your time, are now for sale. Thank you. Sincerely. I don't use presets in my work with Mangle, but some may, so there again you may have contributed to the usefulness of this for someone, somewhere.

Then there's the other thing you did: trashed the dev publicly and personally several times, throwing out accusations of him being "not professional" (oh, the irony) and have now upgraded it to "con-man".

It's a shame that you no longer will work with others professionally; I was really looking forward to you personally improving many more synths.

Heck, we might could have done something together, you seem like a real hoot to work with.

This is not a defense of the dev, his absence, his actions or lack thereof, his choice of footwear, or of the software he wrote.

For once, truly and purely, you lil' Wagabond--this was just about you.
You know I wasn't going to respond to this, but since you've decided to be such an ass about this issue I had no choice.

Bottom Line: If you like, I will post EVERY SINGLE EMAIL COMMUNICATION that Tom and I had over the period of time that we worked together. I'm sure I still have them. You can then see the whole history and then you can decide whether or not you still want to call me a liar, which is essentially what you've done.

Look I'm a lot of things. I'm temperamental. I'm hot headed. I have zero tolerance for a lot of things. But I am not a liar.

Give me the word and I will post all the emails including the dates.

Sorry, but there is no defense for the way the dev handled our relationship. NONE.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Bottom Line: I worked with the dev. I offered him presets. He said yes. And then communication stopped. He went back on his promise after I did the work that I said I would do.
A review, perhaps :P
A review of what? I don't understand your post.

Return to “Instruments”