monark?-is it worth getting if you have DIVA?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i am considering getting monark with the current 50% discount BUT i already own DIVA,is monark worth getting along side diva or would i be wasting my money,there is no demo so i will leave it up to you guys to convince me...

thanks
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

with a name like yours you don't have monark already?
edit
I'd say yes, but then, I don't have Diva

Monark is modelled after a serial #2000s Minimoog. It's a lot more aggressive than the serial #9900s Minimoog we had to check out.

Btw. I had a listen to another #10000 Minimoog, and it's been very close to ours, yet a bit more aggressive. So I think Diva is on the very mellow side of Minimoogs.

Monark is allegedly the best emulation of Minimoog available (I never had a Minimoog, so I can't speak for myself). It sounds great, and the basses and leads are really powerful, "biting" and full sounding.

That said, it's monophonic only. DIVA, OTOH goes way beyond Minimoog, although it's not a 1:1 emulation of it (or anything else, for that matter). It does a great job at "impersonating" (I think Urs found a good word to define it - impersonating is not the same as emulating, it's more like an actor playing a role :wink:) several analogue glories from the past, including the AM Minimoog, the Korg MS-20, the Jupiter-8, the Jupiter-6, the Juno-60 and the Juno-106, and recently got addedd the Osc section of the Jupiter-8000 as well as the filter section of the SEM.

Based on the above, it's up to you to decide :-)
Fernando (FMR)

The two are very different synths.

To cut to the chase, Monark is the best emulation of Minimoog (after years of Minimoog use).
Only thing is, it is cleaner but does not lack in punch or analog warmth.

Its kinda, Minimoog V2, a really great software version of the hardware.
It is also (like the original) monophonic.

Diva is polyphonic, and while it is not an emulation of any specific hardware synths, it does have an analog quality to it.
Like the other poster said, it "impersonates" some of the old synths.

But to Monarks accuracy, wow, this is as close as most folks may ever get to a real Minimoog, and that being said, ITS CLOSE.

One of the most accurate emulations made to date.

I have all and, as said, they're 2 different beasts!

My workflow is now Diva and Zebra based so I rarely use other synths, but when I need some crispy leads I'll go for monark :D
God save the Groove!

Monark is a great sounding synth. But I'm the same as op, I rarely touch it because of Diva (and Zebra) to be honest.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Monark is very feature limited so it can only be used for very easy sounds (bass, mono leads). I played some hours with Monark and my decision was not to buy it, IMO not worth the money.
Diva is more interesting with a lot more features and more usable for different sounds.
Btw. I don't think that somebody will hear in a finished track the difference between Monark or Diva (maybe also between Arturia Minimoog).

Urs wrote:Monark is modelled after a serial #2000s Minimoog. It's a lot more aggressive than the serial #9900s Minimoog we had to check out.

Btw. I had a listen to another #10000 Minimoog, and it's been very close to ours, yet a bit more aggressive. So I think Diva is on the very mellow side of Minimoogs.
Sounds like someone should be getting to work on Minimiog model #2 for DIVA.

I'm kidding.

Mostly. :wink:

It's definitely worth it if you're looking for an aggressive minimoog sound. It's amazing for bass sounds.

Even though Diva is definitely my go-to, Monark is NOT redundant (for me).

4damind wrote:Monark is very feature limited so it can only be used for very easy sounds (bass, mono leads).
A very good thing since softsynths, unlike hardware do not take up physical space.

The idea of a super realistic ITB Model D was inconceivable 10 years ago. The next big emulation from NI's Monark team is highly anticipated. Sequential P5 is the big hope, but even another accurate Monosynth clone such as ARP Prosoloist would be welcome.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

damoog wrote:i am considering getting monark with the current 50% discount BUT i already own DIVA,is monark worth getting along side diva or would i be wasting my money,there is no demo so i will leave it up to you guys to convince me...
thanks
You can search here, no need to repeat previous words. So here's an easy exercise for you.

Attempt to replicate this very simple and unremarkable Monark synth bass using -only- Diva's Moog components (and its internal FX if you want)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/375 ... k_bass.mp3

Understand the difference better yet?

Get both

Diva is the nice lush Minimoog that can do polyphonic sounds

Monark is the nasty aggressive monosynth version
:borg:

PAK wrote:
damoog wrote:i am considering getting monark with the current 50% discount BUT i already own DIVA,is monark worth getting along side diva or would i be wasting my money,there is no demo so i will leave it up to you guys to convince me...
thanks
You can search here, no need to repeat previous words. So here's an easy exercise for you.

Attempt to replicate this very simple and unremarkable Monark synth bass using -only- Diva's Moog components (and its internal FX if you want)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/375 ... k_bass.mp3

Understand the difference better yet?
I just found this thread by accident. Now i'm really interested in that sound example. You still have it? :D

Komplete is definitely worth buying for almost any modern day musician. I wouldn't buy ANY NI products that are in or expected to be in Komplete.

Return to “Instruments”