AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3 Loom Classic Strike Structure Transfuser Vacuum Pro Velvet

Too bad :(

I feel my GAS subsiding when I read these posts...

I would pick up Loom if they ever should do a similar sale as Vacuum Pro ( = $50 )

Just ordered. Hopefully won't have too many issues downloading and installing....

Just did the download and install. 127GB to download Mac and PC versions (you have 30 days to do it).
Must say though, apart from a few parts needing redownloading, the DL, installation, and activation on a Mac everything installed, up and running in Logic Pro X :)

Activation is the old PT / Pace system which pops up a dialogue but rather than looking for an iLok it downloads a machine licence file from the Sonivox website after you fill in a straightforward web form (seven times - once for each plugin). So no iLok software manager to install :)

The licences appear separate not bundled which is nice.

It really brings me back to the old PT days - the PTIEP was far and away my favourite thing about PTLE way back when! Great to see them running in Logic :) Plus they still sound really really great!

Well, I am interested in Strike 2 and maybe Tranfuser 2...
But something seems funny here.. Strike 2 seems like a reincarnation of the old Groove Agent (Steinberg).. Maybe it's the same 'Wizzo' guys who are behind 'AIR' today...

Is it really fair to the consumer that companies can re-incarnate under different names, yet leaving you holding one of their creations with no possible way to upgrade to 'their' latest creation?

^^ groove agent and strike are totaly different products (and strike is waaaay better). As far as i remember both steinberg & wizoo were involved in GA, so probably one can't do anything without the other, and the wizoo brand disappeared years ago..
Last edited by budweiser on Tue May 13, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

budweiser wrote:^^ groove agent and strike are totaly different products (and strike is waaaay better). Both steinberg & wizoo were involved in GA, so one can't do anything without the other, and the wizoo brand disappeared years ago..
Shoot... Even the knobs are the same as my 'legacy' Groove Agent 2..

But, how will you compare Strike 2, AD 2 and EZ drummer 2?

I would say only the knobs... I hated GA 1, sold my copy years ago and never understood the success of the first occurence. Strike is a powerhouse with tons of sounds. So : strike -> ez drummer -> ad. I did not try ezd 2, however.

Is it possible to split the licenses of the AIR Expansion Pack ? I need only the synts and not the drums ...
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

budweiser wrote:So : strike -> ez drummer -> ad. I did not try ezd 2, however.
EZdrummer 2 is pretty cool :)

But I've just bought Air IEP and the download is still going on so I can't compare. Will do when I can.

k

MillerSam wrote:Is it possible to split the licenses of the AIR Expansion Pack ? I need only the synts and not the drums ...
As far as I know, you cannot. I actually tried to sell Velvet several years back and was unable to.

I got Loom and Hybrid running last night. I think I have to retry downloading Strike. I paid the extra 6 bucks for the extended download option so I don't have to worry about 30 days.

This is my first time hearing Loom - and it's pretty amazing sounding! The new Hybrid sounds awesome, too.

I have SSD4 and SD3 - I still like Strike a LOT as it offers some different sounds.

As difficult as this process has been - the sounds are totally worth it to me!

Mmmh Jelly told this before: The licences appear separate not bundled which is nice.

What is now correct :p
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:Mmmh Jelly told this before: The licences appear separate not bundled which is nice.

I would be amazed if they let customers buy a bundle and then sell of the products separatly

JONK wrote: I think I have to retry downloading Strike. I paid the extra 6 bucks for the extended download option so I don't have to worry about 30 days.
I used free download manager for the big files and it made the process very smooth & easy (interrupted downloads are not a problem anymore).

MillerSam wrote:Mmmh Jelly told this before: The licences appear separate not bundled which is nice.

When you buy the bundle you get a bunch of separate activation keys for the individual plugins so each has to be activated separately. I don't think they'd let you split the bundle due to the keen bundle pricing compared to the individual plugins though.

budweiser wrote:
JONK wrote: I think I have to retry downloading Strike. I paid the extra 6 bucks for the extended download option so I don't have to worry about 30 days.
I used free download manager for the big files and it made the process very smooth & easy (interrupted downloads are not a problem anymore).

Awesome! I'll give that a shot - my internet connection sucks!

Return to “Instruments”