What software are you really using currently?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Soundforge, editing samples.

Steam and Battle.net :hihi:

Music and instruments related:
- Cubase and Reaper (almost equally and daily usage)
- Korg synths, FM8, Sylenth1 and blofeld (it is software in a box!)
- Battery 4 and Transfuser 2

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Spire
Synthmaster
Diva
Addictive Drums 2
VPS Avenger
Sampletank 3
DX7 V
Repro-1
OP-X Pro II

Excel :scared:

Cubase 9.5
Native Instruments Kontakt 5
(Orange Tree Samples Rock Standard, Infinity, Cherry, Lap Bundle) (Pettinhouse Humbucker 2.0)
Toontrack EZ Drummer 2 and EZ Keys
Kuassa Vermillion, Creme and Curberus
Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5
Ik Multimedia Amplitube 4
Softube Acoustic Feedback, Saturation Knob
Valhalla Roomverb
Korg Legacy
Magix Independence Pro
Last edited by Mikelo on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oops sorry, double post. :oops:
Last edited by Mikelo on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Google Chrome, Windows 10 Mail, Microsoft Visual Studio, and sometimes Studio One 3 Pro. :P

Googly Smythe wrote:Cubase 7.5.30 Pro 9.5.10
On every project:
HALion 5
JamStix (drums)
GrooveAgent4
MonoPoly (pads)
OP-X (leads)

Tracks:
Waves CLA-2A/3A,
Waves CLA-76,
Elysia Alpha Mix,
MUJC
Elysia Mpressor,
FabFilter Pro-C,
Waves API EQ,
Elysia Museq Mix,
Satson/Britson/Slate VCC,Waves NLS,
Stock flangers, chorus and phasers (still on stun, of course),
Waves GTR3, Brainworx RockRack All Brainworx Amp sims,MokaFix NoAmp;

Buses/Auxes:
Waves REDD, TG12345
Waves API 2500,
Waves PuigChild,
Brainworx Digital v23,
Vertigo VSC-2,
Valhalla reverbs,
Satin (for echo delay),
stock Revelation reverb;

Master:
Elysia Museq,
Elysia Alpha,
Brainworx XL v2,
stock Brickwall limiter (belt for X2's braces)

Shreddage (despite owning a Gibson LP! SomeMost times I'm just too lazy), Olympus Elements choirs,Apocalypse Percussion also get a lot of use.
Absynth, Spectral, Z3ta 2, Predator and Largo see some occassional use, here and there.

I'm sure I've forgotten some...
Updated from Tuesday Oct 7th, 2014... Not much change.

This all gets really complicated for me since I seem to be in constant transition.I'm not a producer for money. I'm a bedroom composer weekly gigger. I record a few things.

I own a while bunch of stuff but I don't use much of it. Until recently I mostly tracked acoustic instruments and played piano. I still do that but now I'm doing other stuff in addition to that.

My old setup was Sonar Platinum with Komplete 10. I have some decent libraries for Kontakt. Too much other stuff to really mention. plugins amounted to a bunch of Waves and TRacks stuff in addition to what was in Sonar. BDF2 and 3, Addcitive Drums 2 for drums. I mostly use Valhalla for my reverbs. Zt3a+2, Rapture etc etc etc blah, blah blah blah.I like Hybrid 3 and the Korg stuff.

Then when I learned Cakewalk was going under I started using Studio One 2. FF to a bit later.........I began the whole backing track thing so I picked up a copy of Ableton 9. Not suite. Not the free one either. I think they call it standard version. Has all the bells and whistles but not all the synths and paks the suite has. I didn't believe I really needed that since I loaded Komplete on my laptop.

But here's the thing with me...............my recordings only use synths as an underlay for the main acoustic stuff I play. Like I might need a nice pad or flute to augment the main music so synths aren't a big piece of the pie for me. More important are nice mastering plugins, reverbs and such. Sad to say I'll forget the expensive sampled library and grab my Korg M-1 synth for a bunch of that stuff.

I mean, it's so low in the mix it doesn't need to be so exciting you pee your shorts, know what I mean?

So I guess I'm a very basic mixer with way too many tools.

Oh, and while I'm talking about Korg, if you bought that legacy collection on Korg.net a long time ago you need to go over to the Korg website. Korg is transitioning to a new site and they require you to re submit your serial numbers to the new site for registration purposes. Go there and the site will explain it all.

I only know because I wanted to load my old Korg synths onto my new gaming laptop for live play. I'm glad I caught it in time or I might have possibly lost my registration info.

Hosts:
Max/MSP
Mainstage
Bitwig
Ardour

Editor and Mastering:
Peak (still)
Izotope RX
Hofa CD-Burn & DDP
Waves Gold

Synths:
All Applesynths
Reaktor 6
Arturia V5
Thorn
Equator
Synthmaster
Vacuum Pro

iPad Synths:
Seabord 5D
Wavemapper
Phonem
Infinite
Animoog
Modell 15

Controller for playing all that stuff:
LinnStrument
LaunchControl XL
Fostex MixTab
Roli Blocks
3 * Myo
Leap Motion
Keyfadr

Canvas shoes and a grass skirt.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Canvas shoes and a grass skirt.
Aloysius, when have you given your last reasonable answer? Is it your way of resistence? But haven‘t you heard: Resistence is futile, you‘ll be assimilated! :borg:

mostly old outdated and free stuff, but you already knew that ;)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ableton Live. Have tasted others and therefore I know that it's the only one for me. No reason to change :)

In my plugins folder:

Beyerdynamic
- Virtual Studio

D16
- Decimort 2
- Fazortan
- Syntorus

Eventide
- Ultra Reverb

Izotope
- Ozone Imager

Novation
- V-Station

Sample Magic
- Magic AB

Sonic Academy
- Kick 2

Soundtoys Bundle

Toneboosters
- Barricade
- Reelbus

U-he
- Repro

Valhalla
- FreqEcho

Voxengo
- SPAN

Most of them is being used once in awhile, but the ones that get the absolute most use at the moment is Decimort 2, Ultra Reverb and SPAN. I will use abletons build ins a lot too. Ping Pong Delay, EQ Eight, Redux and Simpler I use the most I think.
Most of the sounds I use is samples from sample packs. Both hits and loops (creative use). Sometimes I will create sounds from scratch and for that I've used Operator.
Have been producing a bit for a couple of years, but only been more serious about it the last couple of months where I've finished my first 4 tracks. So might be too early to tell which plugins I use the most ;)

Return to “Instruments”