The scrooo v1.2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The scrooo

It looks and sounds awesome, Björn sir!

Looking forward for grand release. :)

great! thanks. is there a randomize function?

Now that looks like a real modular synth there. And without cables :o

Wow that looks like big fun, wavetable module even more so :-)

The sound appears very similiar to the PB-3300, perhaps the same engine was used? If so, I am kinda disappointed, esp. when something like VCV rack is getting better every day.

generaldiomedes wrote:The sound appears very similiar to the PB-3300, perhaps the same engine was used? If so, I am kinda disappointed, esp. when something like VCV rack is getting better every day.
You tell that you are disappointed... but the product is not even finished ! There are yet new features to come as wrote Björn ! Even on the oscillators and on the filters !

And do you really think that it is smart to compare a product made by ONE MAN ALONE at his home with a product with is made by all a company and with all a community of external developers ???

Honestly ! You compare things which are totally different ! And made in totally different situations ! And in addition with a product which is not yet finished and then not yet released !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

generaldiomedes wrote:The sound appears very similiar to the PB-3300, perhaps the same engine was used? If so, I am kinda disappointed, esp. when something like VCV rack is getting better every day.
That's why I don't buy anymore hardware synths with CEM 33XX chips inside. :hihi:

Jokes aside: The K-35 filter module uses 95% the same code as the FB-3X00 series, some modules build on existing stuff, some are totally new. I confess that I stole the GUI knobs and switches from the FB-3X00 series, too (the knobs then were already cloned from the Nabla). I'm not sure if other developers let alone companies recycle their stuff in such an insulting way but you never know. :borg:

The idea to start this project came when I made the FB-3X00 series: I felt the urge to make these semi-modulars "fully modular". 6 months later, ModulAir is now in a stage to make some noise but there is so much left to do, improve, and add... wow. Also, ModulAir will be a niche product but that's OK.

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote:
That's why I don't buy anymore hardware synths with CEM 33XX chips inside. :hihi:

Jokes aside: The K-35 filter module uses 95% the same code as the FB-3X00 series, some modules build on existing stuff, some are totally new. I confess that I stole the GUI knobs and switches from the FB-3X00 series, too (the knobs then were already cloned from the Nabla). I'm not sure if other developers let alone companies recycle their stuff in such an insulting way but you never know. :borg:

The idea to start this project came when I made the FB-3X00 series: I felt the urge to make these semi-modulars "fully modular". 6 months later, ModulAir is now in a stage to make some noise but there is so much left to do, improve, and add... wow. Also, ModulAir will be a niche product but that's OK.

Cheers, Björn
It sounds great on the video.. how much will it cost and when is the release date?

surreal wrote:It sounds great on the video..
Thank you! :)
how much will it cost
Nada, but donations are welcome.
and when is the release date?
Uh, I dunno really. Maybe I will come out with a pre-release version < 1.0.0; which somehow makes sense since a modular by design NEVER gets finished. :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

PS: BTW we should continue the discussion about Modulair in this new thread.

Return to “Instruments”