Vocaloid 4 looks to be available soon on the official english website

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

man it all sounds so bad.. over a decade now? and still unintelligible.

Without reading the vocals on the vids, and closing my eyes, i can't make out at least 80% of it.

Listening right now from the video above as i type this, it's all just mumbo jumbo here.

and cyber diva english? it's clear to me that is an asian singer.. you can hear it in the pronunciation. I went through the 5 videos on the site and along with her awful candy cane tone, she also had terrible intelligibility.

Sorry but for anything other than special FX, vocaloid IMO, is just still a big expensive joke. Hire a real session singer instead.

TheoM wrote:and cyber diva english? it's clear to me that is an asian singer.. you can hear it in the pronunciation. I went through the 5 videos on the site and along with her awful candy cane tone, she also had terrible intelligibility.
The singer is NOT great. But they claim she is actually english or australian or something. She is not asian they claim. The pronunciation probably also has to do with the Vocaloid engine.

Hans25 wrote:
TheoM wrote:and cyber diva english? it's clear to me that is an asian singer.. you can hear it in the pronunciation. I went through the 5 videos on the site and along with her awful candy cane tone, she also had terrible intelligibility.
The singer is NOT great. But they claim she is actually english or australian or something. She is not asian they claim. The pronunciation probably also has to do with the Vocaloid engine.

bending the truth... i would bet on it , i am sorry i don't believe their claim at all.

TheoM wrote:bending the truth... i would bet on it , i am sorry i don't believe their claim at all.
You don't have to be sorry. I don't care if the singer is english or japanese. She sounds horrible :lol:. But to be honest I do think she sounds japanese or asian at least. Anyway this singer claims to be the one providing the voice for Cyber Diva: http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Jenny_Shima#Jenny_Shima

Hans25 wrote:
TheoM wrote:bending the truth... i would bet on it , i am sorry i don't believe their claim at all.
You don't have to be sorry. I don't care if the singer is english or japanese. She sounds horrible :lol:. But to be honest I do think she sounds japanese or asian at least. Anyway this singer claims to be the one providing the voice for Cyber Diva: http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Jenny_Shima#Jenny_Shima
Look, there is no question about two things in regard to Vocaloid.

1) There is a definite "accent" in the voice. It is not American. It's not "pure" Japanese however. Listen to their other sound libraries. In comparison, Diva is very "English." But no, it's not pure.

2) There is a definite "vocoder" effect on some of the words. Some they've got down pretty well. Listen to somebody's version of Taylor Swift's "Blank Space." It really isn't horrible.

As far as "not understanding words" have you listened to some of the regular human singer songs that have been put out? Some of them have such God awful pronunciations that it's almost painful to listen to. And that's if the vocals aren't just flat out buried by the instrumentation. If you think all pop music has crystal clear lyrics, you're kidding yourself.

Vocaloid is not perfect. But some of us can't afford to go out and hire a session singer for every track we want to do. I believe that with practice, I can get Vocaloid to sound good enough that I can make a demo to give to a producer that will be good enough for him to decide whether or not HE wants to hire human vocalists to do a better demo with. My voice, however, will have him turn off the song after 5 seconds.

Bottom line: Vocaloid will still be better than anything I can do as a singer.

wagtunes wrote: My voice, however, will have him turn off the song after 5 seconds.

The tune had been haunting London for weeks past. It was one of countless similar songs published for the benefit of the proles by a sub-section of the Music Department. The words of these songs were composed without any human intervention whatever on an instrument known as a versificator. But the woman sang so tunefully as to turn the dreadful rubbish into an almost pleasant sound. He could hear the woman singing and the scrape of her shoes on the flagstones, and the cries of the children in the street, and somewhere in the far distance a faint roar of traffic, and yet the room seemed curiously silent, thanks to the absence of a telescreen. (1984, George Orwell)

Don't sell yourself short my friend. There is always room for humanity in music.

:)

wagtunes wrote:As far as "not understanding words" have you listened to some of the regular human singer songs that have been put out? Some of them have such God awful pronunciations that it's almost painful to listen to. And that's if the vocals aren't just flat out buried by the instrumentation. If you think all pop music has crystal clear lyrics, you're kidding yourself.
Have any links?
wagtunes wrote: Vocaloid is not perfect. But some of us can't afford to go out and hire a session singer for every track we want to do. I believe that with practice, I can get Vocaloid to sound good enough that I can make a demo to give to a producer that will be good enough for him to decide whether or not HE wants to hire human vocalists to do a better demo with. My voice, however, will have him turn off the song after 5 seconds.

That's exactly why I purchased Vocaloid. For making demos to present to someone else and then get a real singer to do the real job. But also just to add a voice melody to a track to get inspired and widening the music horizon.

The discussion about the quality of Vocaloids, from my perspective, were just that they cannot be a part of a finished song (unless you are into the Vocaloid genre in general).

Actually I'm either thinking of taking some song lessons (not that I think I will become a real good singer) just for demo purpose.

Another thing I want to investigate soon (because I'm into the Funk genre in general) is to use a real Talkbox for voice singing in a funky "robotic" way. From all the music and youtube videos I have seen a real talbox seems to make the pronuncing much better than a vocoder. Maybe I haven't research enough and there are probably some tricks to make a vocoder sound more like at talk box. But from what I have heard either The vocoder sounds like a robot without any change in pitch or very synthy/muddy where it's absolutely impossible to understand the text. I have tried to mix the vocoder with the original voice to make the voice clear but that just unmasked my own voice giving me the creeps :-D.

I received Editor for Cubase and Cyber Diva in the mail. Now I just have to load it up. Should be an interesting experience.

Hans, I think your assessment of the Talkbox/Vocoder is accurate. Talkbox will give you more understandable results.

stikygum wrote:I received Editor for Cubase and Cyber Diva in the mail. Now I just have to load it up. Should be an interesting experience.

Hans, I think your assessment of the Talkbox/Vocoder is accurate. Talkbox will give you more understandable results.
Congratulations. Remember to update Vocaloid to latest version. I haven't tried it yet but the earlier version was buggy on a high resolution screen changing Cubase' text and drop down menus to unusable. I don't know whether this embarrising bug has been resolved.

Glad you think the same about the talkbox. I think I will go for the Banshee 2.

stikygum wrote:I received Editor for Cubase and Cyber Diva in the mail. Now I just have to load it up. Should be an interesting experience.

I'll take it you don't live in the US. Correct?

No, I had it shipped from Japan to the US. I don't think I'm the first to do this, but it works.

@stikygum - Please keep us posted on your success. I've been seriously considering ordering the Vocaloid 4 Editor from Amazon for shipping to the US. Is that where you got yours?

Also, does anyone use Zero-G Vocaloid 2 libraries, like Prima or Tonio? I'm also considering that, and I wonder if they will run on Windows 8.1 x64 (the vsti's too?)...and whether the Vocaloid 2 Editor see's and works with Vocaloid 3 libraries, like Avanna (which I think sounds good after tweaking, but only has the Tiny V3 Editor included)??

G

By far the best quote I have read in a KVR thread in years. Well placed jacqueslacouth.

jacqueslacouth wrote:
wagtunes wrote: My voice, however, will have him turn off the song after 5 seconds.

The tune had been haunting London for weeks past. It was one of countless similar songs published for the benefit of the proles by a sub-section of the Music Department. The words of these songs were composed without any human intervention whatever on an instrument known as a versificator. But the woman sang so tunefully as to turn the dreadful rubbish into an almost pleasant sound. He could hear the woman singing and the scrape of her shoes on the flagstones, and the cries of the children in the street, and somewhere in the far distance a faint roar of traffic, and yet the room seemed curiously silent, thanks to the absence of a telescreen. (1984, George Orwell)

Don't sell yourself short my friend. There is always room for humanity in music.

:)

Photo_G wrote:@stikygum - Please keep us posted on your success. I've been seriously considering ordering the Vocaloid 4 Editor from Amazon for shipping to the US. Is that where you got yours?

Also, does anyone use Zero-G Vocaloid 2 libraries, like Prima or Tonio? I'm also considering that, and I wonder if they will run on Windows 8.1 x64 (the vsti's too?)...and whether the Vocaloid 2 Editor see's and works with Vocaloid 3 libraries, like Avanna (which I think sounds good after tweaking, but only has the Tiny V3 Editor included)??

G
I'm thinking that you guys are worried about the software being in another language, and no that's not the case when you load it up on your computer. If you've bought anything overseas, then you know it's fine. If you want it, then why not get it from overseas. Not sure when it will be released in the states.

Photo_G wrote:Also, does anyone use Zero-G Vocaloid 2 libraries, like Prima or Tonio? I'm also considering that, and I wonder if they will run on Windows 8.1 x64 (the vsti's too?)...and whether the Vocaloid 2 Editor see's and works with Vocaloid 3 libraries, like Avanna (which I think sounds good after tweaking, but only has the Tiny V3 Editor included)??

G
The V3 Editor will work with V2 libraries.

I think I read the V4 Editor might only work with V3 libraries, not V2, could be wrong on that.

No forwards compatibility; V2 Editor wont handle V3 libraries.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Instruments”